Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMNITALL

i've had a shopping cart full of stuff for two days...thinking about if I should purchase the doctor who sets for 50 each or just netflix them...I guess WB made my choice for me...I'll be waiting on the others too now.

If another stackable coupon surfaces someone please post it

I was worried about ordering so much preorders with me moving this month...but I suppose I can call and they can put in my new address.

EDIT:

Has anyone chatted with the virtual agent? Its hilarious...its just a computer script but still...

Last edited by blucadet3; 04-10-07 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-10-07, 01:09 PM

Enter
CANSUR
in the coupon code box when you checkout
at warnervideo.com for $5 off your order.

(This offer is non-combinable and expires 5/31/07)
Old 04-12-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone who has made an order after we had to go over $60 for free shipping gotten a non-pre-order portion of an order?
Or does it seem like with that bit we DO have to wait for the release of the pre-orders?

(long story short: made an order for Rio Bravo UCE and Cowboys DE, but with some currently available movies, I've gotten no ship notices or anything, which seems to suggest now I WILL be waiting until those two are released--unless anyone knows otherwise)
Old 04-12-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Has anyone who has made an order after we had to go over $60 for free shipping gotten a non-pre-order portion of an order?
Or does it seem like with that bit we DO have to wait for the release of the pre-orders?

(long story short: made an order for Rio Bravo UCE and Cowboys DE, but with some currently available movies, I've gotten no ship notices or anything, which seems to suggest now I WILL be waiting until those two are released--unless anyone knows otherwise)

Yes, I made a big order when this was first posted with mostly pre-orders and one in stock item. The pre-orders stretched into June. But I already got shipped the in-stock item and the first pre-order (it was for the next Tuesday)
Old 04-12-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jericho
Yes, I made a big order when this was first posted with mostly pre-orders and one in stock item. The pre-orders stretched into June. But I already got shipped the in-stock item and the first pre-order (it was for the next Tuesday)
So back when the coupon (USFS for free shipping) was still in effect?
I'm wondering if orders after that coupon stopped working with the other 2 are being shipped out piecemeal...or if the 'new policy' for shipping didn't apply to the ones that only got free shipping over $60 (instead of through a coupon)
Old 04-12-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
All of my non pre-order items shipped in both my orders which contained pre-orders.

I didn't use a coupon for free shipping as they had the free shipping promo at the time.

I had to check on my orders to know that they shipped as I still have not received a shipping notice, so you may want to actually check the orders instead of waiting for a shipping notice you may not get until you have actually already received them.
Old 04-13-07, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
All of my non pre-order items shipped in both my orders which contained pre-orders.

I didn't use a coupon for free shipping as they had the free shipping promo at the time.

I had to check on my orders to know that they shipped as I still have not received a shipping notice, so you may want to actually check the orders instead of waiting for a shipping notice you may not get until you have actually already received them.
Cheers--they finally caught up to me though. Sent a notice 5 days after my order was placed, apparently (according to tracking) 3 days after they actually shipped it. That seems odd. I'd think they would ship and notify immediately--if they were going to notify at all.
Old 04-13-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Yeah, similar here.

They shipped them out on 04/10 and I received the shipping notices last night 2 hours after I posted.
Old 04-13-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Just to clarify I did not use the free shipping code either, it was locked out by that time. And like the rest, I get the delayed shipping notices. This week's was Venture Bros. Season 2
Old 04-14-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never placed an order with them but trying to order 3 DVDs that total up to about $60 (with Venture Bros. 2 being the only preorder), I can only get the free shipping coupon to work. The 20% off tells me I have already used it (which I haven't) and the 10% off code just says my order does not qualify for it. I may as well leave my Amazon preorder in place since it is $2 cheaper and also has free shipping.

EDIT: I signed up for their WB deals via e-mail and got a 20% off code on my first order that is good for 7 days. But their prices are about a dollar or more higher than DeepDiscount PLUS they charge me sales TAX for some reason. Now I don't know if I should just put all these titles on my Deep Discount wish list and just wait for their 20% off sale (that may or may not come out around June) instead.

Last edited by Lecithin; 04-14-07 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-14-07, 03:53 PM

Lecithin wrote:
But their prices are about a dollar or more higher than DeepDiscount PLUS they charge me sales TAX for some reason.
Technically... Everyone should be charged thier local sales tax rate, we've just been lucky that government, state and federal, do not have the manpower to in enforce the rule.

If you live in California, it a no brainer that you would be charged sales tax... If a company has a physical pressence in the state, they must chrage you sales tax. Warner Home Video is based in So Cal.

fitprod
Old 04-15-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, but I don't live in California and places like Amazon and Deep Discount continue to be a tax free alternative, so I will still compare prices using that criteria.
Old 04-16-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ah, how nice, they cleverly neglected to put part of my order in the box....!
But, they re-ordered it for me at no charge, taking me at my word...took a while to place the order and it's standard shipping, but oh well.
Old 04-16-07, 05:21 PM

How did they arrive? I'm a bit wary at what awaits me tomorrow after hearing reports of dislodged discs and scratches etc.
Old 04-16-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MJG87
How did they arrive? I'm a bit wary at what awaits me tomorrow after hearing reports of dislodged discs and scratches etc.
Both of my orders were packed in standard cardboard boxes with the signature WB green stripe, this shipment with inflated air pocket doodads (not bubblewrap, but the same principle).

the previous order came at least in a similar fashion, if not the exact same.

Dislodged discs, of course are a bit moot, as that's rarely to do with packaging.
Old 04-16-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Both of my orders were packed in standard cardboard boxes with the signature WB green stripe, this shipment with inflated air pocket doodads (not bubblewrap, but the same principle).

the previous order came at least in a similar fashion, if not the exact same.

Dislodged discs, of course are a bit moot, as that's rarely to do with packaging.
Same experience here. Mine came today and it was packaged just as you described. It was beat all to hell during delivery and has one whole side of the cardboard box crushed in, but the DVD inside is perfect.
Old 04-16-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Same experience here. Mine came today and it was packaged just as you described. It was beat all to hell during delivery and has one whole side of the cardboard box crushed in, but the DVD inside is perfect.
Yes, I should note that in both cases that was the, er, case.

Forbidden Planet UE (large tin ala oldboy or Superman ultimate) was perfect, and so was Memoirs of an Invisible Man (snapper...)

I'd think if those two can survive, most things should be A-OK
Old 04-17-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lecithin
I have never placed an order with them but trying to order 3 DVDs that total up to about $60 (with Venture Bros. 2 being the only preorder), I can only get the free shipping coupon to work. The 20% off tells me I have already used it (which I haven't) and the 10% off code just says my order does not qualify for it. I may as well leave my Amazon preorder in place since it is $2 cheaper and also has free shipping.

EDIT: I signed up for their WB deals via e-mail and got a 20% off code on my first order that is good for 7 days. But their prices are about a dollar or more higher than DeepDiscount PLUS they charge me sales TAX for some reason. Now I don't know if I should just put all these titles on my Deep Discount wish list and just wait for their 20% off sale (that may or may not come out around June) instead.

Lecithin, you might want to try it now with 28% off and see how the prices stack up...From the HD Talk forum:

Originally Posted by Ph8te
Yes

WBWEL

Thanks to SK at AVS for the update.....

This code is NOT stackable, but same as before you will not be charged shipping if your order is over 60$ at checkout.
You can stack that with RNDIS to get an additional 10% if spending at least $50 for a total of 28% off, which is the same as before

You have to enter RNDIS first, though. I just tried it and placed a small order with no problems.

So, to recap:

1) Enter RNDIS for "Spend over $50 on any of your favorite DVDs and we'll give you 10% off and cover the shipping and handling! Expires 4/30"

2) Enter WBWEL for another 20% off

And my order that I placed to test it:

QTY Item
1 Letters From Iwo Jima (HD/DVD Combo)
HD-DVD
Price $21.56 (Savings $8.39)
ADVANCED ORDER
Estimated Street Date 05-22-2007
1 Fountain, The (HD/DVD Combo)
HD-DVD
Price $21.56 (Savings $8.39)
ADVANCED ORDER
Estimated Street Date 05-15-2007
1 Cowboys, The (HD)
HD-DVD
Price $14.36 (Savings $5.59)
ADVANCED ORDER
Estimated Street Date 06-05-2007
1 Rio Bravo (HD)
HD-DVD
Price $14.37 (Savings $5.58)
ADVANCED ORDER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $ 71.85
Old 04-17-07, 07:40 PM

Darn it, all I want is Venture Bros season 2. The 20% off is nothing when tax and shipping is added. Thanks for the update though.
Old 04-17-07, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sumdeus
You can stack that with RNDIS to get an additional 10% if spending at least $50 for a total of 28% off, which is the same as before

You have to enter RNDIS first, though. I just tried it and placed a small order with no problems.

So, to recap:

1) Enter RNDIS for "Spend over $50 on any of your favorite DVDs and we'll give you 10% off and cover the shipping and handling! Expires 4/30"

2) Enter WBWEL for another 20% off

Thanks for the information. Worked great on my latest order. Here's what I ordered. I wanted to pre-order Flags of Our Fathers on HD-DVD but couldn't find it on the web site. I could only locate the 5 disc commemorative edition.

1 Rio Bravo (HD)
HD-DVD
ADVANCED ORDER
1 Cowboys, The (HD)
HD-DVD
ADVANCED ORDER
1 John Wayne Film Collection, The (DVD) (6-Pack)
DVD
Without Reservations / Allegheny Uprising / Tycoon / Reunion in France / Big Jim McLain / Trouble Along the Way
Price $28.77 (Savings $11.18)
ADVANCED ORDER
Estimated Street Date 05-22-2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $ 57.49
Tax: $ 4.46
Old 04-18-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both seasons of the new Doctor Who for $100.76? Awesome! Thanks!
Old 04-18-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Lecithin, you might want to try it now with 28% off and see how the prices stack up...From the HD Talk forum:

Sumdeus, thank you so very much for that info. The extra percent off makes up for the 6.75% tax they add to my order and I don't have to wait for the DDD sale. Very helpful of you.

(Savings $6.43) Venture Bros., The: Season Two (DVD) $16.52

(Savings $5.59) Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical $14.36

(Savings $6.43) Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law: Vol. 3 (DVD) $16.52

(Savings $5.59) Batman Beyond: Season 3 (DVD) $14.36

(Savings $4.19) Batman, The: The Complete Third Season (DVD) $10.76

(Savings $13.97) Popeye The Sailor: 1933-1938 Volume One (DVD) 35.98

PRODUCT SUBTOTAL: $108.50
Tax: $7.32
Shipping and Handling: $0.00

ORDER TOTAL: $115.82

Last edited by Lecithin; 04-18-07 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 07:20 PM

Anybody who ordered Planet Earth have it shipped yet? Release day is Tuesday the 24th. i'm just getting impatient....

--John
Old 04-23-07, 08:16 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by JSwarce
Anybody who ordered Planet Earth have it shipped yet? Release day is Tuesday the 24th. i'm just getting impatient....

--John
Ordered it 3/30 received it today
Not happy with the shipping. No padding in box. Looks like no damage, will play the disks to make sure.
Old 04-23-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by JSwarce

--John
Mine shipped on the 19th, supposed to be here on the 25th.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.