Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The status for one of the Kubrick HD-DVDs that I have been waiting forever on now shows as cancelled. Obviously if I wanted to cancel it, I would have weeks ago.
Old 12-19-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
The status for one of the Kubrick HD-DVDs that I have been waiting forever on now shows as cancelled. Obviously if I wanted to cancel it, I would have weeks ago.

Same for me, except I had the Kubrick Blu-Rays. Of course, they cancelled my Wire Season 4 order without me asking and it still showed up. So I may still get it anyway, I really have no idea at this point.

My Blade Runner set finally shipped out today (and I ordered it in July!!). I got no shipping notice, but online it finally updated. Too bad is shows scheduled delivery as 12/24. Not only do I seem to be the last person to get my order, but I don't even get the overnight shipping that others got.

I want to still like Warners, but it is getting pretty lame. At least after I get Blade Runner, I only will be waiting on a few Kubricks and the Ocean's Box Set. And of course a few pre-orders yet to come.

Last edited by Jericho; 12-19-07 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-19-07, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The No Man
okay, here's the deal

I just called WHV (once again) and got that guy Felix (who I've heard so much about) on the line. I asked him about Blade Runner and he told me:

"Ya, we just got a memo with the Blade Runner that they have all shipped out, but they have not changed the status on the orders. You should receive it any day now."
I received a shipping notification email when my Kubrick set got shipped on 11/1 (over a week after its release date 10/23). The email said 'we shipped your order on 10/25"!!!

My SD Blade Runner set is still "In Process". I'll believe it being shipped when I receive a shipping notification email with tracking number.
Old 12-19-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
My Blade Runner HD set still says in process =( - ordered it in August

Also haven't received my Ocean's trilogy yet either.
Old 12-19-07, 10:20 PM

I ordered the Blade Runner briefcase (DVD) on August 6 and still hasn't shipped.
Old 12-20-07, 05:34 AM

My 5 disc Blu-ray arrived today 12/19.

I watched it & don't know what all the fuss is about?
Yes it's great quality but surely not breath taking or anything.
I'm truly starting to feel HD/Blu-ray is not leaps & bounds like VHS/DVD was!
Old 12-24-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They're not so bright...

I placed a pair of reasonable sized orders (Kubrick reissues, Looney Tunes, a few others) long ago in which I got one item, Branagh's Hamlet -- which came around it's street date.

Then they started having all their issues and I cancelled my outstanding orders -- in like September. So UPS shows up at 8:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve with a box from WHV Returns and it's a copy of Blade Runner HD (non-briefcase), which was cancelled long ago.

Last edited by Adboy151; 12-24-07 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-24-07, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by cine
I received a shipping notification email when my Kubrick set got shipped on 11/1 (over a week after its release date 10/23). The email said 'we shipped your order on 10/25"!!!

My SD Blade Runner set is still "In Process". I'll believe it being shipped when I receive a shipping notification email with tracking number.
As I anticipated, the status of my Blade Runner SD set has just been updated and showed as shipped on 12/24 (although it appears that UPS is yet to pick up the package) -- nearly a week after the release date and when WHV said they had it shipped.

BTW for those of you who are still waiting for your order: without having gotten a tracking number via email or from their service web-site you can still determine if your order has entered the UPS shipping process by using UPS' "Track by Reference" feature (http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/reference) and entering your WHV Order # in the "Shipment Reference" field plus your Country & Zip code info.
Old 12-24-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cine
As I anticipated, the status of my Blade Runner SD set has just been updated and showed as shipped on 12/24 (although it appears that UPS is yet to pick up the package) -- nearly a week after the release date and when WHV said they had it shipped.
Thankfully, mine appears to have shipped today as well. Hopefully we get them sooner rather than later.
Old 12-24-07, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Adboy151
I placed a pair of reasonable sized orders (Kubrick reissues, Looney Tunes, a few others) long ago in which I got one item, Branagh's Hamlet -- which came around it's street date.

Then they started having all there issues and I cancelled my outstanding orders -- in like September. So UPS shows up at 8:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve with a box from WHV Returns and it's a copy of Blade Runner HD (non-briefcase), which was cancelled long ago.
Same thing happened to me! I had ordered 3 HD-DVDs back in early November, and one had shipped. I canceled the other two (one of them Blade Runner), and they're clearly marked canceled on the website!

Then, I get the package today, shipped UPS Next Day, with the two HD-DVDs I had canceled! What is going on?!? The rub's that I had already bought those HD-DVDs elsewhere, so I'll probably sell them on eBay or trade them on the forum...
Old 12-24-07, 11:28 AM

I received an e-mail from them stating that, per my request, Blade Runner HD-DVD had been canceled from my ordered on November 14. It still says status Canceled as the status on the web page. However, today I received a UPS Express box that on the outside says it contains Blade Runner. Guess I'll be watching my credit card to be sure they don't charge me for this.
Old 12-24-07, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by kyle
I received an e-mail from them stating that, per my request, Blade Runner HD-DVD had been canceled from my ordered on November 14. It still says status Canceled as the status on the web page. However, today I received a UPS Express box that on the outside says it contains Blade Runner. Guess I'll be watching my credit card to be sure they don't charge me for this.
Same here -- except I received TWO of them, both for orders showing they were canceled on the website! No charges yet, but obviously I'll be keeping an eye out.
Old 12-24-07, 11:32 AM

Same thing happened to me today also. I cancelled all my outstanding WB movies back around Thanksgiving and UPS shows up today with 3 movies from WB which were the HP Box Set HD-DVD, Hairspray Blu-Ray, and Blade Runner Blu-Ray which I have already purchased somewhere else and clearly showing cancelled through their order status when you look up the orders. Apparently they do not know the meaning of cancelled when everything else shows it being cancelled and even got email confirmation showing the orders have been cancelled per my request. I know for sure this isn't our Christmas gift from WB as one would hope!
Old 12-24-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh no I just received a package from Warner a few moments ago. I have no idea what they sent since all my remaining orders were cancelled, and are listed cancelled on the web site. Not sure what to do yet or if I should open it. Since the package is very light I will assume it is probably 2001 Space Odyssey on HD-DVD, which I have since purchased from another store. It's too light to be the Blade Runner Briefcase or That's Entertainment sets which I also purchased from another store. Can I expect those showing up next? I cancelled a couple of these orders 2 months ago and the other over a month. Has anyone been charged by Warner after they cancel an order and still ship it?
Old 12-24-07, 12:32 PM

I also received a HP Box from WHV this morning. I cancelled it back in September and my web order status also says cancelled. I bought them from Amazon.UK, so I guess I'll be watching my CC status too.
Old 12-24-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
If you have your store receipts for the items bought elsewhere then then just return your WB shipped items to the stores for an in store refund. It should all even out. I had bought The Shining at a B&M store and when the WB copy did show up I just returned that copy to the store.
Old 12-24-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
If you have your store receipts for the items bought elsewhere then then just return your WB shipped items to the stores for an in store refund. It should all even out. I had bought The Shining at a B&M store and when the WB copy did show up I just returned that copy to the store.
That won't work for me since I have passed the time limit to do a return for the DVD. Also on the new order for 2001 Space Odyssey I decided to change from HD-DVD to Blu-ray. I'll have similar dilemma if Warner sends me the Blade Runner Briefcase. I recently ordered and received a copy from Amazon, but changed to the 5 disc HD-DVD version instead. Besides this is Warner's screw up and they should have to fix it instead of passing it off onto another store. I'll most likely dispute any charges if they show up. The only question is if I should send anything back and trust Warner acknowledging receiving it. There is no excuse for sending something several months later after they said it was cancelled.
Old 12-24-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
That won't work for me since I have passed the time limit to do a return for the DVD. Also on the new order for 2001 Space Odyssey I decided to change from HD-DVD to Blu-ray. I'll have similar dilemma if Warner sends me the Blade Runner Briefcase. I recently ordered and received a copy from Amazon, but changed to the 5 disc HD-DVD version instead. Besides this is Warner's screw up and they should have to fix it instead of passing it off onto another store. I'll most likely dispute any charges if they show up. The only question is if I should send anything back and trust Warner acknowledging receiving it. There is no excuse for sending something several months later after they said it was cancelled.
True. Well maybe they they won't charge you for their mistake and just write it off. Highly doubtful for that to happen although they don't really have the right to charge you because you did cancel and have proof of it. They will more than likely ask for their product to be returned but you never know. Columbia House has told me on a few occassions to just "trash" a disc if a I asked for a replacement because of scratches or other imperfections.
Old 12-24-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ted Kontos
I also received a HP Box from WHV this morning. I cancelled it back in September and my web order status also says cancelled. I bought them from Amazon.UK, so I guess I'll be watching my CC status too.
I also received a box from WHV. Hairspray. Refused it. They actually canceled my order for me (after I called twice and it still wasn't canceled) because they couldn't obtain credit card authorization (I canceled my card bc I suspected some fraud attempts at the time). It's hilarious that they still sent the DVD. Someone definitely needs to be fired in their order fulfillment division.
Old 12-24-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by awil1026
I also received a box from WHV. Hairspray. Refused it. They actually canceled my order for me (after I called twice and it still wasn't canceled) because they couldn't obtain credit card authorization (I canceled my card bc I suspected some fraud attempts at the time). It's hilarious that they still sent the DVD. Someone definitely needs to be fired in their order fulfillment division.
Very similar story here. My credit card number was stolen somehow so I had to cancel my card. My pre-order for the Blade Runner HD box set was subsequently cancelled by Warner since they couldn't obtain authorization and the order status on-line right now still says cancelled...I received the Blade Runner HD box set via UPS today...I also received today from Amazon a copy of the Blade Runenr HD box set that I ordered last week to replace the cancelled WHV order. So, I now have two copies of the HD set but have not been charged by WHV yet.
Old 12-24-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Finally received my last order from them since August order date. Got in today Blade Runner HD-DVD suitcase.
Old 12-24-07, 09:15 PM

I came home today and there was a UPS box from WHV. I thought that "this couldn't possibly be the rest of my Kubricks" I was so hopeful. And of course, it was only my Shining BD with a packing slip for both A Clockwork Orange and the Shining with a "B/O" marked next to ACO...I could have told you that.
So anyway, I of course never got a shipping notice for the disc, but if all goes according to their usual timeframe, I should get a shipping notice sometime next week....
Old 12-24-07, 11:27 PM

I have not been charged for any of the movies received today from WHV yet, but I will keep you posted if I do. I could not refuse the package because they were just dropped off at my doorstep. I even have proof as others have shown that all these were cancelled already.
Old 12-25-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
You'll be charged. Probably about a week or two.
Old 12-25-07, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
You'll be charged. Probably about a week or two.
Probably, though I've been charged a week in advance for all my prior shipments this December, and weren't for any of these items.

If they DO charge us -- and likely they will -- it's most definitely going to be their problem. Emailing and never getting a confirmation on a cancellation is one thing, but this time most of us here have it in writing AND confirmed on their website that these orders were canceled.

Anyways, until we all get charged I'm not saying anything

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.