Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dogbert
10/30: Received an email saying the items were out of stock
10/31: Called to cancel (spoke to a very uncooperative individual)
11/03: Received an email saying my order shipped on 10/29

Never again...

Same thing that happened to me, with different dates. But a week after I canceled I got the shipping email which was backdated to the day before I received the out of stock email. Most unprofessional customer service reps I have ever spoken with as well.
Old 11-03-07, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things that make you go hmmm with WB...

They still haven't shipped out The Reaping or Return to House on Haunted Hill on Blu Ray from orders that were placed in September and these movies were released in the middle of October.

I just checked my status online this morning and they shipped out The Aviator on Blu Ray yesterday Next Day Air so that'll be the first movie I get before the release date/on-time from WB. This movie comes out on 11/06/07.

So hopefully there is some hope for getting Ocean's Trilogy, Harry Potter Box Set releases on release date that come out later this month.
Old 11-03-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else get this survery from Warner in their email?

Warnerbrosvideo.com is interested in getting feedback! Please be assured that we are only asking for your opinions, and we are not trying to sell anything. Your responses will remain completely confidential, as all information collected in the study will be reported in aggregate form. Your name will not be associated with your responses in any way.

The survey should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Your opinions are extremely valuable. Please take some time to share your feedback.

Regards,

Warnerbrosvideo.com
If so, I bet they get some interesting responses.
Old 11-03-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lecithin
Did anyone else get this survery from Warner in their email?

If so, I bet they get some interesting responses.
Yeah, except like a moron I answered the first question honestly. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oh well.
Old 11-03-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I just noticed WHV has shipped out The Aviator but still nothing on the Kubricks or Troy.
Old 11-03-07, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
FWIW, Gods & Gens, Troy DC, Wyatt Earp all allegedly shipped on 11/1 on my order.
Old 11-05-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered the Kubrick titles, and got an email 2 days ago saying FMJ shipped. Checked the order status and it turns out that everything except clockwork orange is showing as shipped. oh well.
Old 11-05-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Received Aviator this morning with no notification. However a couple days back I received an email saying that FMJ and Shining were shipped, and 2001 was backordered. Never received word about Twilight Zone.

Edit: Just checked the status on TZ, and it appears to have shipped also, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
Old 11-05-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Checked both my current orders today. Looks like the Aviator HD-DVD shipped on one of them. The other I tried to cancel last week but received 3 DVDs is now updated as cancelled on the remaining portion of the order. Leaves me now figuring out were to get 2001 Space Odssey and the Blade Runner Collector's set. I'm not sure if I want to order anything else from Warner after the lengthy delays and poor customer service.
Old 11-05-07, 10:51 PM

so i cancelled my troy about a month ago. bought it during the CC BOGO. and today i get a shipping notice. any suggestions?
Old 11-05-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrBlonde83
so i cancelled my troy about a month ago. bought it during the CC BOGO. and today i get a shipping notice. any suggestions?
Sell it or trade it for something else. From what I heard WHV is a bitch to deal with doing returns.
Old 11-06-07, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I got a shipping notice for an older order last week. When I arrived home yesterday, two boxes from WHV awaited me. When I opened them, they were for Aviator Blu-Ray and Doctor Who Series Three, and not the order I was told shipped. I checked online, and that order should come tomorrow. Should that order come, I'll only be left waiting for some Kubrick titles. And today I got shipping notices for the orders I got yesterday. Since they got here before release date, hopefully this means things are fixed over there and I should get future orders in a timely manner.
Old 11-06-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I received 3 of the Kubrick BD titles yesterday (EWS,The Shining and FMJ). I'm still waiting on 2001 & A Clockwork Orange and finally Blade Runner (BD) in December.

The dates for shipment and the actual shipping date per the tracking information aren't in sync, they are shipping later than the emails indicate.
Old 11-06-07, 10:44 AM

got two boxes yesterday and they looked like they had been through a crusher--UPS always delivers to the front door. Yesterday they delivered to the back--probably so they could be long gone before I saw them. It's a good thing I was home to find them--otherwise they may have been picked up with the trash!
Old 11-06-07, 03:01 PM
Cool New Member

Well, about two weeks after cancelling my order, the Kubrick boxset was delivered today, which is annoying since I ended up just getting it at Best Buy. Thankfully, I still have the receipt, so I guess I'll just take the one that came today and "return" it to Best Buy for a refund.

WHV hasn't charged me yet and they never even sent a shipping notification. In fact, just to show how screwed up their operation is right now, the packing slip was for someone else's order! Ugh. At least now I can stop wondering whether or not my cancellation actually went through...
Old 11-06-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I wanna thank Warner for the extra gift I received today with Shining and FMJ - a empty Hershey wrapper
Old 11-06-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
I wanna thank Warner for the extra gift I received today with Shining and FMJ - a empty Hershey wrapper
Classy
Old 11-06-07, 05:47 PM

I finally got all of my orders. Thank goodness.
Old 11-06-07, 05:52 PM

HAHAHAHA. That is too funny!
Old 11-07-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those guys in the warehouse must be taking candy breaks instead of shipping out three months worth of backed up orders. No wonder it's taking so long. I bet they have big Arby's logos over their heads too.
Old 11-07-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone who ordered the kubrick box set (standard DVD) in September get their order shipped out yet?
Old 11-07-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Funny you said that. I finally received my copy of EWS and inside the box was a packing slip for 12 copies of Oceans 13 to a Target store along with my packing slip.
Old 11-07-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I found another WHV box when I got home today, just to find they shipped Full Metal Jacket AGAIN to me. I had ordered the 4 Kubrick titles besides Eyes Wide Shut, and still have yet to receive the other three. But I have plenty of copies of FMJ.
Old 11-07-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparrow
I received 3 of the Kubrick BD titles yesterday (EWS,The Shining and FMJ). I'm still waiting on 2001 & A Clockwork Orange and finally Blade Runner (BD) in December.

The dates for shipment and the actual shipping date per the tracking information aren't in sync, they are shipping later than the emails indicate.
Yeah, they ship via online printout labels, so there can be several days before a package is physically picked up by a UPS agent. Label is printed up at their warehouse on 11-5-2007, but sits with other packages until 11-8-2007, when the UPS truck comes by and gets them.
Old 11-07-07, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I received an order that included the Kubrick box set and O Lucky Man!. An order that was cancelled twice and even showed as "Cancelled" on MyExpressCheckout. So, check out the Exchange forum if you're interested in the box set.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.