DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   The Official Borders Coupon Thread - Updated Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/494811-official-borders-coupon-thread-updated-weekly.html)

cinemaphile 07-08-08 03:54 AM

It's not a whole lot better, but I played around with the url and found one for 25%:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...L_20080708_REW

jeffrey r 07-08-08 07:56 AM

30% off through 7/13:

30% off $10 Purchase

dx23 07-08-08 09:12 AM

The new Borders website sucks. The old one, at least the bordersstores.com site, use to let me check the in-store inventory for almost any given book, cd or DVD. Now that feature is off, but what is worst is that it doesn't list the out of print stuff in their regular site, just in the Borders Marketplace.

This type of stuff is what makes stores go out of business. First it was the change in their rewards policy, now a change, for the worst in the inventory of their site. I heard also rumbling that the site is glitchy and that orders have fall throught the cracks. Great way to go Borders! From spending over $1000 in 2006 I have gone to spend less than $150 in your store for the past 2 years.

cdollaz 07-08-08 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
The new Borders website sucks. The old one, at least the bordersstores.com site, use to let me check the in-store inventory for almost any given book, cd or DVD. Now that feature is off, but what is worst is that it doesn't list the out of print stuff in their regular site, just in the Borders Marketplace.

This type of stuff is what makes stores go out of business. First it was the change in their rewards policy, now a change, for the worst in the inventory of their site. I heard also rumbling that the site is glitchy and that orders have fall throught the cracks. Great way to go Borders! From spending over $1000 in 2006 I have gone to spend less than $150 in your store for the past 2 years.

There is a way to check the in-store inventory, it's just a pain in the ass:

1. Find the item you want to check and go to that item's page
2. On the right hand side of the page there is a line for "reserve in store"
3. Enter your zip code there and it hit "go"
4. It will show the "in-store" status

A much bigger hassle that the old way which was good, even if the results were hardly ever accurate.

Sweet Baby James 07-08-08 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
The new Borders website sucks. The old one, at least the bordersstores.com site, use to let me check the in-store inventory for almost any given book, cd or DVD

See post #728. That link will take you to the old bordersstores.com website.

lena 07-08-08 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
30% off through 7/13:

30% off $10 Purchase

Just what I needed - thanks for that!

anyanka323 07-09-08 04:49 PM

I've had some issues with their new website, most importantly not getting credit on my rewards account for a couple purchases. I just spoke with a customer service rep and she said it would at least be another week before the kinks got worked out. It would have made more sense to go live after everything was working rather than deal with the problems after going live.

I also have some issues with their promotions, specifically the current graphic novels and manga one. It doesn't seem fair to only offer it in the stores when some stores, especially the Waldenbooks don't have a good selection of those items.

Pizza 07-09-08 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by lena
Just what I needed - thanks for that!

I second that! Thanks.

Paul1957 07-11-08 12:09 AM

40% off single disc CD's -- Limit 3 per customer Fri and Sat

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...A_20080711_rew

Spiral Staircase 07-14-08 09:37 PM

30% off through 7/20

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...L_20080715_REW

velveeta 07-15-08 04:04 PM

Couple of NEW coupons - One Online Only & One Printable

First coupon is valid at Borders.com ONLY (no printable)...thanks to cyberslice @ SD:

Valuable Coupon thru 8/8/08
$5 off your purchase at the new Borders.com
Simply add promotion code BR41925 at checkout.

Valid only at Borders.com. Not valid in stores. Certain exclusions apply. Excludes previous purchases, gift cards, eBooks, digital downloads, shipping, and all electronics including the Sony Reader and the Zune. May not be combined with other coupons, sale pricing, or corporate, classroom, or other group discounts. Promotion code good for single-use only during valid period. Void where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value .01¢. Not redeemable for cash. Valid through 8/8/08.

A few things to remember about the new Borders.com website:

Edited to Add...Okay, Borders.com is really screwy. I just tried and used BOTH coupon codes on one order (the $5 off and the 30% off), but I had TWO items in my cart. Here's how I did it. I put one item in my cart, entered the $5 off coupon code, clicked "apply" and the $5 discount showed up. Then, I put a second item in my cart, entered the 30% off code, and clicked "apply" and it discounted the second item. However, to get free S&H your order total must be $25 or over AFTER all coupons are applied. So you can use more than one coupon code per order, but it's one coupon code per item.

Promotion codes are good for single-use only during valid period (but I suppose you could just create a "new" account using a different email address).

Type in the promotion code, don't cut & paste it. Borders site is still quite buggy, and this seems to be an issue.

The discount is only off the LIST price. So if you're ordering an item that's already on sale, it will only discount the difference between the sale price and coupon. If the sale price is better than the coupon applied, then you'll get the message "a better promotion may have already been applied" -$0.00. Also, you might get an error message if your order total is $0 after applying the coupon (not sure why, but it's possible).

Borders.com has free S&H if your order is $25 or more. If your order is less than $25, choose free in-store pick-up to save on S&H, and just pick your order up at your nearest Borders store.

If you're not already signed up as a "Borders Rewards" member, don't worry about it. You can sign up for free when you place an order online.

Free 12 oz. Beverage with ANY Cafe Purchase (exp 7/21/08)...thanks to GeminiiGirl @ SD:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/couponcafe0715.asp

kyle 07-16-08 09:42 AM

For entering their contest for their new site, I received an instant win prize of 40% off list price of one items--seems to be a generic code, but I'm not sure. Doesn't say when it expires. Too bad I just ordered a $76 item the other day with a 30% off code. Could have saved another $7.60

ctyankee 07-16-08 09:46 AM

What contest? Is it still going on? Link?

cdollaz 07-16-08 09:52 AM

And what is the code?

lmwong1977 07-16-08 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
What contest? Is it still going on? Link?

It was in today's email from borders. http://www.borders.com/online/store/..._newborderswin

kyle 07-16-08 10:39 AM

There was also a 30% one item list price BCOM2208 (through July 22) on the page: http://www.borders.com/online/store/...SA_20080716_NR

SFranke 07-16-08 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by velveeta
First coupon is valid at Borders.com ONLY (no printable)...thanks to cyberslice @ SD:

Valuable Coupon thru 8/8/08
$5 off your purchase at the new Borders.com
Simply add promotion code BR41925 at checkout.

This is actually a very cool code if you're into music. Search music for Sbme Special Mkts., and it will return a ton of titles that are $5.99. There's good stuff if you like fusion from the 70s or classic rock and, there's some more contemporary rock also. If you ship to store, it's only $.99 plus tax for a CD.

kyle 07-16-08 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
And what is the code?

The Instant Winner page now says it's good through 7/22, seems to be generic code (I assume everyone who enters gets it):

Enjoy 40% off the list price of any one item on Borders.com: BC4777

Paul1957 07-16-08 04:27 PM

The 40% off code works on pre-orders. Had $5.00 rewards money and got Criterion Vampyr for $18.54

kyle 07-16-08 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Paul1957
The 40% off code works on pre-orders. Had $5.00 rewards money and got Criterion Vampyr for $18.54

All their coupons have worked with preorders--and you can preorder with store delivery which is nice! Although I don't understand why they don't just pull from store inventory if available. For store delivery, they basically hand you the package (unopened) they received from the USPS!

Adboy151 07-16-08 06:40 PM

Thanks! Pre-ordered the upcoming Sports Night 10th Anniversary set for around $39 shipped to store.

ctyankee 07-16-08 07:53 PM

Thanks to all the posters.

I used their site to preorder Trafic and added double feature dvd of Dead End Drive In and Cut and Run.

Total before shipping but after 5 dollar and 40 percent off codes came to $25.78 making it eligible for free shipping.

Nice except for their sad-ass site.

Aphex Twin 07-16-08 08:19 PM

I was able to have the discount apply to more than one item with the 40% discount on the code entering page. Would this be corrected during later check out pages or can you use it on more than one item at a time?

Also, is there tax charged to CA customers?

kyle 07-16-08 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
I was able to have the discount apply to more than one item with the 40% discount on the code entering page. Would this be corrected during later check out pages or can you use it on more than one item at a time?

Also, is there tax charged to CA customers?

You should be able to add more than one coupon--however it may be trying to apply the coupons to the same item or to the wrong items--and if the discount of the coupon is greater than the current discounted price on the item, it won't give you any discount with the coupon.

You could try changing the order of the coupons or items i your cart to see if it applies them differently, or else place two orders and have shipped to store to avoid shipping charges.

As for CA tax, I would assume so--they probably charge tax anywhere they have a borders store.

dino88 07-17-08 02:55 PM

for anyone who has used the 40% coupon online...is it a one-time coupon or will i be able to use it for multiple orders? i've been able to print multiple coupons to use in-store before, so i was just wondering if this is the same online or if it recognizes the coupon the second time and denies it. i'd like to find out before placing my order so i get the best deal. thanks...and great site, i've been checking you guys out for a couple of weeks and have got some great deals.

...do they ship as each item becomes available or will i have to wait for my last pre-order to become available before receiving anything from the purchase?