Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Gene Simmons Family Jewels Collectors DVD $5.00!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Gene Simmons Family Jewels Collectors DVD $5.00!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got it while I was writing an email about their cancellation ... talk about timing.
Old 02-05-07, 10:22 AM

Got the same thing: order cancellation on 02/01/07 with offer of set at 29.95 then on 02/05/07 got appreciaton email with $25 gift certificate. Seems that they are giving us a way to get one of them for $4.95 plus shipping (29.95 - 25.00 = 4.95).
Old 02-05-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can we just call this deal dead and stop posting in it please? honestly NO ONE is going to get this DVD...
Old 02-05-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
can we just call this deal dead and stop posting in it please? honestly NO ONE is going to get this DVD...
Did you not notice the post above you?

I just got the 25$ email as well, I never received the cancellation notice.
Old 02-05-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also got the 25$ email as well and never received the cancellation notice.
Old 02-05-07, 11:27 AM

I just checked my order for the first time. Still shows as processing with a ship date of 4/17/07. I used a gift certificate balance left over from the New Years "spend $100, get $25 GC" promo. My gift certificate balance still shows $20 available to spend- no sign of an additional $25 apology or a refund of the $5 I used for this deal. I also have not received any emails.

Is anyone else in this situation? When I purchased the set, it showed an availability of 2/12 and I have not even been notified of the delay (already checked spam folder).
Old 02-05-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Renee
I just checked my order for the first time. Still shows as processing with a ship date of 4/17/07. I used a gift certificate balance left over from the New Years "spend $100, get $25 GC" promo. My gift certificate balance still shows $20 available to spend- no sign of an additional $25 apology or a refund of the $5 I used for this deal. I also have not received any emails.

Is anyone else in this situation? When I purchased the set, it showed an availability of 2/12 and I have not even been notified of the delay (already checked spam folder).
Yes, I have never recieved anything from them. No cancellation and no apology and no other sort of update. Very weird.
Old 02-05-07, 02:50 PM

I got the $25 GC email too.
Old 02-05-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Natural
I got the $25 GC email too.
I also got the email/gc and tried to use it today to purchase a different item. When I tried to process it with my order it stated that the gc was invalid. I called A&E and they really have no idea what is going on. The best the guy could explain to me was that the gift cards can be used to offset some of the original price of this set. He told me that with the gift card I could get the set for 29.95, this doesn't make any sense, and that is what it is supposed to be used for. He said that he spoke with his manager and they needed to "look into the matter" to see if the gc could be used to make a purchase of another item. I told the guy that I wasn't willing to purchase this set for 29.95 as it isn't worth that price to me. He took down my home number and email address and said that he would get back to me. I am now holding my breath.
Old 02-05-07, 03:40 PM

I too received the $25 GC and tried to apply it to my account (not to an order) and I got an error message stating that my code was invalid.
Old 02-05-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
I too received the $25 GC and tried to apply it to my account (not to an order) and I got an error message stating that my code was invalid.
yeah same here ;( i even added the Gene simmons dvd set and got the same error message ...
Old 02-05-07, 04:07 PM

As my earlier post in this thread had indicated, A&E are a very, very disorganized bunch.

I can, however, tell you this. I, too, had received gift certificateds via e-mail from the After Christmas sale if you had spent over $100, that others have alluded to above.

In each instance, I could not use it online, however -- both of my certificates came up as "invalid."

I was able to use each of them over the phone, however, with no problem. Moreover, there was no restriction for their use (nor was there supposed to be).

As to a supposed restriction for the current crop of gift certificates from the Gene Simmons fiasco, I would read carefully if that is mentioned in the e-mail. If not, then it probably was a restriction that was made on the fly by the agent that the above poster contacted, and is truly not a restriction.

I did find that many of the agents that I had contacted by phone complaining about my inability to use the gift certs online were quite willing to work with me.

In fact, I had pointed out to them that since I cannot use them online and must use them via a phone order -- a restriction that was not mentioned with respect to the offering -- I was additionally losing out on the special 9% back offer that FW was offering for the Christmas season and the days immediately following same.

I argued that I should get the additional discount and the agent agreed with me -- perhaps they get a % of phone sales -- and she promptly took off 10% (it was easier to calculate than 9% I guess) and then deducted the $25 gift certificate from the total.

The point of my story is that just because one agent says it might be restricted does not make it so and that most agents -- if you give them a valid reason -- are more than willing to work with you and give you all the discounts you would be entitled to if you must make a phone order.

I hope this is helpful to you all and for the rest of your colleagues on this board, please report back if you had any success like I had noted in my circumstance.

I only wish that I had ordered the set -- had no interest in it -- had I known at the end of the day I would have received the $25 gift certificate!

By the way, I think that their e-mailing that $25 cert is a very generous offer by them as they need not have done so as price mistakes caught early -- as they had done -- do not require any form of consideration from them as they can unilaterally void the contract as a mistake in fact. That they have provided such a certificate indicates to me that not only are they a class operation, but that they are more than willing to work with you as I have descrived above.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your the easy $$!!
Old 02-05-07, 04:20 PM

I got the $25 GC as well and it didn't work online. Called and talked to a rep and she placed my order over the phone and applied the card. I got the Hitchcock Masterpiece collection. She also applied the 20% off discount from the private sale e-mail that some of us received. It was $89.99 - 20% ($18.00) - $25 GC = $46.99 + free shipping. Heck of a deal I think!
Old 02-05-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

no gc here yet
Old 02-05-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Strange. My $25 gift card worked online just fine...
Old 02-05-07, 08:44 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Got the same email with the $25 GC too. Haven't had the chance to look around the site yet, but I'm sure I'll find something worthwhile. Hopefully it will work online because it's just easier that way, but if I have to call, then so be it.
Old 02-05-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Strange. My $25 gift card worked online just fine...
Mine still doesn't work. I wonder if some of us got ripped on functioning gift cards. As I stated earlier the guy I talked to wasn't really helpful. He was good though at putting me on hold and havng me wait for 15-20 minutes for no real answer.
Old 02-05-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
I havent recieved any emails besides the one for the delay, my order is still processing on my acct page...
Old 02-05-07, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Three
Got the same thing: order cancellation on 02/01/07 with offer of set at 29.95 then on 02/05/07 got appreciaton email with $25 gift certificate. Seems that they are giving us a way to get one of them for $4.95 plus shipping (29.95 - 25.00 = 4.95).

Okay so I called and the customer service rep knew all about the price deal for $29.95. She took my original order number and asked if I wanted it on the same credit card - I decided to switch cards so she generated a new order and said it was no problem using the gift certificate. Order total she gave me was $10.90 - no super shipping I guess but that total is fine by me. She also made sure I knew that the ship date was 04/17/07. Received email confirmation a little later:

AH76855 - GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS SIG
Qty Ordered: 1
Price each: $29.95 Total price: $29.95
This item is on backorder and expected to ship on 04/17/2007

Subtotal: $29.95
Shipping & Handling: $5.95
Total: $35.90

*** A $25.00 gift certificate(or outstanding balance) will be applied
to your order total***
All applicable taxes will be added to your order upon shipment.

Old 02-06-07, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was told that the $25 GC was for frequent shoppers only, and had nothing to do with the Gene Simmons price error. Yeah right...
Old 02-06-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wildman1037
I was told that the $25 GC was for frequent shoppers only, and had nothing to do with the Gene Simmons price error. Yeah right...
I've bought a lot from them in the past and got the GC, maybe there is some truth to that.
Old 02-06-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
I've bought a lot from them in the past and got the GC, maybe there is some truth to that.
"Some" being the operative word. I'm curious, did you try and order the GS set??? I have yet to hear of any previous A&E customer who didn't try and order the set, but got the giftcard anyway.

So for the woman to say that it had "NOTHING" to do with the Gene Simmons error is ridiculous...
Old 02-06-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wildman1037
"Some" being the operative word. I'm curious, did you try and order the GS set??? I have yet to hear of any previous A&E customer who didn't try and order the set, but got the giftcard anyway.

So for the woman to say that it had "NOTHING" to do with the Gene Simmons error is ridiculous...

Oh yeah sorry, I did order the set, so nothing to with the GS set is surely false.

I find it funny that they sent me the gift card for my time, but it didn't mention the set and I never got a cancellation email from them. If I wasn't a member of this board it would really be confusing. Regardless, A&E's customer service has always been top notch with me, so I'm happy.
Old 02-06-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Oh yeah sorry, I did order the set, so nothing to with the GS set is surely false.

I find it funny that they sent me the gift card for my time, but it didn't mention the set and I never got a cancellation email from them. If I wasn't a member of this board it would really be confusing. Regardless, A&E's customer service has always been top notch with me, so I'm happy.
No need for a "sorry" Glad you got the GC. Now if you end up getting an extra GS set, I'd be happy to take it off your hands...
Old 02-06-07, 09:38 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't order GS, but have purchased several items from them in the past but no GC for me.

So yeah that crap about it having nothing to do with the GS set... yeah right!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.