Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

A few Costco prices 12/12

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-06, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparrow
Time to pick up The Thin Man and The Sidney Poitier collections. Excellent prices....there goes my resolution to buy nothing else until the new year .
The Thin Man sale expired yesterday.
Old 12-18-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Karl LaFong
>>Also grabbed the 2 new Bond boxsets (3 and 4) since they had a $10 off coupon for vol 1 - 4 ... not too bad at 43.99 ea

Good Evening

Brand new to the site... great stuff!

A question: I've been reading here about the deals at Costco and have finally decided the 50 buck signup would be worth it. I'm curious about the "coupons" mentioned for them... Are these literally coupons? is this something you get in the store? I'd like to go and get the Bonds but want to make sure I do it right!

Any help is appreciated!
Welcome to the forum! They usually hand out the coupons at the door on the way in or on the way out(they sometimes have them at the register). Sometimes it is an actual coupon that you need to clip out(the Passport Book), but the current sales are automatically deducted at the register(no coupon required). You made a great decision in joining both Costco and DVD Talk.
Old 12-18-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Escapist
Dang! Picked up the two Chans last week from Costco at $29.99 @, not suspecting they'd be included in the $7.00 rebate. Is this rebate coupon the one that listed Walk the Line, Rocky Horror, and Office Space?

I already opened my Chans, or I'd return them and rebuy. But what's to prevent me from buying two more sets at $22.99 @ and taking them back with my old receipt for the $29.99 price for a credit? Despite my innate decency, of course... The old receipt code on the Chans is 162705, while the code on the $7.00 off coupon is 148733. Think it would work?
I've gotten price adjustments in the past when they had a coupon that I just missed. You can also just return the opened DVD for a full refund(God bless Costco's lenient return policy). I've returned a couple of opened, defective DVDs in the past and they just gave me a full refund instead of an exchange.
Old 12-18-06, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are flyers they give out at the store. They are not actually coupons. The price ring up is actually an instant savings. Speaking of Costco's lenient policy. You can also prepurchase the items that are going on sale the following week(to avoid not having any sets left) and go back on the sale week and have the manager/supervisor adjust the price. I believe the policy is within 10 days or may 30 days. if costco has an item on sale, you can get back the difference.
Old 12-19-06, 11:27 AM
Cool New Member

FYI the Aliens box did NOT ring up at $21.99 at an Indianapolis, IN Costco yesterday
Old 12-19-06, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by dabl
FYI the Aliens box did NOT ring up at $21.99 at an Indianapolis, IN Costco yesterday
The sale expired some time ago...
Old 12-19-06, 03:35 PM

If you don't have a physical coupon - not just DVDs, anything, the cashier's have them at the register. If you know there's a coupon let them know about and they will scan it. I've done this so many times. That's another great thing about Costco.
Old 12-19-06, 06:58 PM
Banned

>>Also grabbed the 2 new Bond boxsets (3 and 4) since they had a $10 off coupon for vol 1 - 4 ... not too bad at 43.99 ea

Good Evening

Brand new to the site... great stuff!

A question: I've been reading here about the deals at Costco and have finally decided the 50 buck signup would be worth it. I'm curious about the "coupons" mentioned for them... Are these literally coupons? is this something you get in the store? I'd like to go and get the Bonds but want to make sure I do it right!

Any help is appreciated!
I just picked up Bonds 3 and 4 without any coupons. $10 was automatically taken off at the register.

I have found this to usually be the case at Costco. They send out coupon books, but rarely is the discount not taken automatically without the coupon.

The trick is knowing there is a discount without having seen the coupon or reading about it here. They are sometimes real bad about advertising sales.
Old 12-19-06, 08:03 PM

Turns out the $7.00 discount on the Charlie Chan sets is a manufacturer's rebate that started today. Still, my Costco folks gave me a $7.00 @ refund + tax on the two sets I'd bought last week at $29.99. God bless 'em every one!
Old 12-19-06, 08:44 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Welcome to the forum! They usually hand out the coupons at the door on the way in or on the way out(they sometimes have them at the register). Sometimes it is an actual coupon that you need to clip out(the Passport Book), but the current sales are automatically deducted at the register(no coupon required). You made a great decision in joining both Costco and DVD Talk.

Thank you for the info and the welcome... glad to be here. Again, great stuff going on here. I went by after work, joined up and picked up the Bonds for $43 and Pinky & the Brain for $27 (MUCH better than the $39 I'd been seeing everywhere else).

Thanks again!
Old 12-19-06, 09:11 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by cardaway
I just picked up Bonds 3 and 4 without any coupons. $10 was automatically taken off at the register.

I have found this to usually be the case at Costco. They send out coupon books, but rarely is the discount not taken automatically without the coupon.

The trick is knowing there is a discount without having seen the coupon or reading about it here. They are sometimes real bad about advertising sales.

Thanks for the info!

This may be a dumb question, bu does Costco advertise?
Old 12-19-06, 09:27 PM

Picked up Walk the Line 2 disc set with free t-shirt and belt buckle(lol) for 19.99 after instant savings.
Old 12-20-06, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info!

This may be a dumb question, bu does Costco advertise?
They advertise internally and to members only.
Old 12-20-06, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedy1961
They advertise internally and to members only.
At least here in Puerto Rico, they have inserted weekly ads in the major newspapers from the island.
Old 12-20-06, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Escapist
Turns out the $7.00 discount on the Charlie Chan sets is a manufacturer's rebate that started today. Still, my Costco folks gave me a $7.00 @ refund + tax on the two sets I'd bought last week at $29.99. God bless 'em every one!
I want to buy thes do you know where I can confirm the $7.00 rebate?...I can go to Costco and get them for $22.99?..Thank You in Advance
Old 12-20-06, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by schbee
I want to buy these do you know where I can confirm the $7.00 rebate?...I can go to Costco and get them for $22.99?..Thank You in Advance
Yep, the two Chan sets will ring up at the register at $22.99 each, even though they have a $29.99 price. It's an unadvertised manufacturer's instant rebate.
Old 12-20-06, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by laserdogg
Picked up the Hitchcock box today 54.99 after coupon...

Also grabbed the 2 new Bond boxsets (3 and 4) since they had a $10 off coupon for vol 1 - 4 ... not too bad at 43.99 ea
You must live in a place that doesn't have higher costco prices.

My local costco(Manassas,VA) charges +$2 more on most dvd sets then the other costco's in northern VA...the 007 sets there are 55.xx each...wonderful..

Last edited by Nethead12; 12-20-06 at 08:20 PM.