Originally Posted by yeldarb367
Anybody wanna convince me to get these?
Will the DVDTalk reviews do it for ya?

Millennium: The Complete First Season

Millennium: The Complete Second Season

Millennium: The Complete Third Season
Old 11-23-06, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought the 3 seasons of millenum. Total cost plus shipping cost $4.79 is $39.00 or about $13 per season. What annoys me is that shipping is charged. The oder exceeded $25 dollars right so how come shipping was charged.

was going to get the rome set using google checkout but now since shipping is charge, the price will be similar to getting over at dvdplanet.
Old 11-23-06, 01:12 AM

Ok

I have a problem. I was able to use google checkout at buy.com. However, at DVDPlanet, there is a button to click for google checkout and when I press it, it doesn't allow me to log into google account. I get message saying your browser doesn't support google checkout, which is weird since I can do it at buy.com.

Can anyone help?
Old 11-23-06, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Here's a great deal - the three seasons of Arrested Development comes to $49.99.

If you can find something to add to that, go for it people.

i'm glad someone else noticed that cause that really really pissed me off too...

i posted a bunch of cheap / FAR type fillers on page 3 of the thread, pair the seasons with that, and you'll end up with it for about $35 for the whole set (including shipping) after the rebates and you'll get a bunch of useless software
Old 11-23-06, 01:32 AM

I think a lot people are pisse off at the way the pricing is done to achieve totals like $49.99 and forcing you to get something else too
Old 11-23-06, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prison Break is back to $27 now... they're toying with us! So you can pair it with a $23 set again to save $20...
Old 11-23-06, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Prison Break is back to $27 now... they're toying with us! So you can pair it with a $23 set again to save $20...
i think i've placed 7 orders with buy.com and 1 with DVD planet (at $10 off $30) since this $20 off $50 deal began... if i had just planned everything out and orgainized my order, i know I could've saved at least another $10 or so... instead, i started acting like a fat kid around candy, just trying to shove as much of it into my mouth as quickly as possible... apologies to all fat kids on the board
Old 11-23-06, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by blaze1984
instead, i started acting like a fat kid around candy, just trying to shove as much of it into my mouth as quickly as possible... apologies to all fat kids on the board
I'm 40 but a kid at heart - no offense taken
Old 11-23-06, 03:42 AM

I still couldn't hold on to my money.

Bought Prison Break plus Firefly plus Dark City for $40.25 shipped. I would gladly pay $5 for Dark City. So that makes Prison Break and Firefly around $17 each. Better than Best Buy's BF deal. Nonetheless I hate buy.com. The way they played with the prices just makes me sick.
Old 11-23-06, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
I just bought the 3 seasons of millenum. Total cost plus shipping cost $4.79 is $39.00 or about $13 per season. What annoys me is that shipping is charged. The oder exceeded $25 dollars right so how come shipping was charged.
I'm curious about this too - the listing for each says they are eligible for free shipping, but I get charged $2.90 for one or $4.35 for two.
Old 11-23-06, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by NCYankee
I'm curious about this too - the listing for each says they are eligible for free shipping, but I get charged $2.90 for one or $4.35 for two.
Yeah, I'm a little confused by the shipping charges. At my buy.com cart, it showed I had free shipping; but when I click on the GCO button, it automatically defaults to a drop-down menu of different shipping options; NONE of which are free.

I sent an email to Goggle inquirying as to why that is but have yet to hear a response. If I get a reply I will keep the board informed.
Old 11-23-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by head dvd nut
Yeah, I'm a little confused by the shipping charges. At my buy.com cart, it showed I had free shipping; but when I click on the GCO button, it automatically defaults to a drop-down menu of different shipping options; NONE of which are free.
It does seem mysterious. Free shipping seems to come and go without any discernable logic to it.

Picked up the Controversial Classic Collection. (Advise and Consent / The Americanization of Emily / Bad Day at Black Rock / Blackboard Jungle / A Face in the Crowd / Fury / I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang). I never picked this up before because of the high price (even with DDD's current discount it's $46.04) and I never found it at Costco (which often has decent prices on these sort of boxsets).

With GCO $20 bucks off ... $34.06 delivered.
Old 11-23-06, 09:56 AM

Regarding the shipping issues, I placed an order on Buy.com and while the method of shipping they used initially had a $5 or so tag, I justed changed it to the longer 7-9 expedited shipping which was free. I don't know the free shipping people are talking about is this or the $5 one.
Old 11-23-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
They're talking about the occurrance of no option for free shipping at all
Old 11-23-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shipping may be tied to price. I was charged $7.24 ("Budget" 7 to 9 business days) for Mary Tyler Moore seasons 2-3 and Bob Newhart seasons 3-4. These were sale priced at $14 per. Perhaps heavily discounted catalog items don't rate the free shipping.
Old 11-23-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NCYankee

Millennium isn't available with free shipping. Click on the item and it's not there. Buy.com tends to forget to take the symbol off the search results page, but if it's not there when you are on the item page, it isn't available. It's too bad.
Old 11-23-06, 11:15 AM

The cheapest item I could find was a "National Design Minnesota Twins Wood Pencil" for $0.54. Can anyone do better?
All the national design pencils are now "currently unavailable". All the cheap $1 pencils are now "free shipping on orders over $75", which seems to be a brand new free shipping category created just for this sale.
Old 11-23-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
All the national design pencils are now "currently unavailable". All the cheap $1 pencils are now "free shipping on orders over $75", which seems to be a brand new free shipping category created just for this sale.
The $75 free shipping plateau has been around for a few weeks, at least. It's been a challenge finding free $25 shipping items for under $2 that are in stock...
Old 11-23-06, 12:03 PM

It's been a challenge finding free $25 shipping items for under $2 that are in stock...
It does make you wonder. What sane person would pay $2.50 to ship a $1.50 item? If they are successful in stopping people from ordering these items, which seems to be their goal, why carry them in the first place?
Old 11-23-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Millennium isn't available with free shipping. Click on the item and it's not there. Buy.com tends to forget to take the symbol off the search results page, but if it's not there when you are on the item page, it isn't available. It's too bad.
Thanks, that is what I thought the case might be - I guess the $2.90 shipping is tolerable with a great price like $18.00.
Old 11-23-06, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The $75 free shipping plateau has been around for a few weeks, at least. It's been a challenge finding free $25 shipping items for under $2 that are in stock...
Actually, the $75 free shipping has been around for a very long time...it applies to categories that are not music/dvd/cd/books....thus, it is best to find an item within this category as shipping from the other categories is also twice as expensive...
Old 11-23-06, 01:33 PM

Okay, I finally got a response to my email pertaining to the shipping charges. I don't think it really answers the question as to why if you place an item with free shipping in your cart @buy.com; it WILL show NO shipping fee; but when you check-out with Google it does show a shipping charge. Anyway, with that being said, here is the response that I got from Google:

Thank you for your email. I understand you placed an order with a merchant
through Google Checkout but were unable to locate their advertised free
shipping option.

The available shipping options and final shipping costs are determined by
sellers when you place an order. If their listed options are incorrect or
if you'd like to request a partial refund for shipping costs incurred,
please contact the seller directly by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your Google Account at http://checkout.google.com.
2. On the 'Purchase history' page, locate the order containing the item in
question.
3. Click the link in the 'Item' column.
4. At the top of the receipt, click "Contact Buy.com".
5. Select an appropriate subject for your message from the 'Subject:'
drop-down menu, and enter your message in the 'Message:' text box.
6. Click 'Send email' once you've provided the necessary details.

For general program or account questions, please review our Help Center at
http://checkout.google.com/support.

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional
questions.

Sincerely,

Michael
The Google Checkout Team
Old 11-23-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Millennium: Season 3 is now "On Order" which makes it ineligible for Google Checkout.

So I instead added Family Guy: Volume 3 to my cart along with the 1st two Millennium Season Sets:
1 Family Guy (Volume 3) $18.00
1 Millennium (Complete Second Season) $18.00
1 Millennium (Complete First Season) $18.00
Shipping & Handling (Budget: 7 to 9 business days) : $4.79
1 Google Checkout & Buy.com Holiday Bonus: -$20.00
Total: $38.79
Old 11-23-06, 06:36 PM

I remember there used to be a site for Amazon.com purchases that would find items fitting a certain dollar amount. Sadly I've forgotten that site and don't know if there's one similiar to it for Buy.com. For me, I've been needing someting between $2-$4, and do remember are some cheap books, so if you're looking for that as well, search for "dover classics".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.