(DEAD) 20% off sale at DVDPlanet 11/18-11/26

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 20% off sale at DVDPlanet 11/18-11/26

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey, I know the 20% sale ends today, but does anyone know when the $10 off google check out ends?
Old 11-26-06, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
hey, I know the 20% sale ends today, but does anyone know when the $10 off google check out ends?
Bonus expires Dec 31, 2006
Old 11-26-06, 07:19 PM

my john cassavetes boxset used 20% off order still says qty 0 and backorder. other orders i placed just a few days ago have already been processed and shipped. is there a chance this isn't just a glitch with used orders and i really did order the used set too late?
Old 11-26-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's what I got for my used order too and another member here said all used orders have said backorder.
Old 11-26-06, 08:55 PM

I am still having problem with the DVDPlanet google checkout. The google checkout button only appearing like one out of ten tries and even when it does, can not do the google checkout. Once I click on the button, am taken to page to log into google checkout. Login information is entered and then is taken to a page saying "error". Tried several times today to place two orders and unsuccessful.
Hopefully, with the end of the sale today, this problem will be resolved.

I think others probably having the same problem and DVDPlanet probably losing some business because of this.
Old 11-26-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Google Checkout just worked fine for me - $25.95 for The Alec Guinness Collection:

The Alec Guinness Collection - DVDTalk.com review
Old 11-26-06, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
I am still having problem with the DVDPlanet google checkout. The google checkout button only appearing like one out of ten tries and even when it does, can not do the google checkout. Once I click on the button, am taken to page to log into google checkout. Login information is entered and then is taken to a page saying "error". Tried several times today to place two orders and unsuccessful.
Hopefully, with the end of the sale today, this problem will be resolved.

I think others probably having the same problem and DVDPlanet probably losing some business because of this.
Google Checkout only appears if all the items in your cart are in stock. If the problem occurs after trying to log into google, sounds like you have a google problem not DVDPlanet. I know it worked exactly the same for me on DVDPlanet and Buy yesterday and BestPrices a week or so ago. You seem to be the only person having a problem. Have you tried a different browser?
Old 11-26-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was absolutely one of the most annoying, unpleasant internet shopping experiences of my long years of shopping online. Here's a few of the things (using internet explorer):

1) I'd put a dvd on my 'wishlist'. when I'd go shopping again and come back, it'd be gone
2) If I put a 2nd movie on my 'wishlist', only it would appear. Each subsequent new dvd would erase the previous one
3) same thing happened to my shopping cart - every time I'd put something new in it, it would take away anything else.
4) this happened whether or not i was logged in or not. (i had to log in over and over - it wouldn't keep me logged in)
5) the only way I could shop and build up an order was to go into 'checkout' every single time I added a new dvd to my cart. I'd have to add the movie to my cart, then click 'proceed to checkout'. Then I'd have to log in with my username and password (EVERY TIME!) and then finally it would be in my checkout list. Then I'd have to go search for the next title and do all that over again
6) once I was in the checkout, I would add the coupon and it would apply. However, when I clicked on the shipping choices to change it to free shipping, it wiped out my discount, and I had to re-enter my coupon again!

Did this not happen to anyone else? I've attempted to make an order since yesterday morning, and this has happened repeatedly.
Old 11-27-06, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dang it.....I waited I suppose too close to midnight to try to place an order, and by the time I had everything ready to click place order and apply the code.......the code said it was expired. I'd been planning on doing one big order for a week or longer now, and this crap happens. Usually the codes work at least a few hours past midnight on other sites. I've yet to actually place an order at dvdplanet, and this was going to be my first and hopefully a pleasant experience......kinda didn't work out that way though. Ah well, maybe next time.
Old 11-27-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, expired for me as well.
Old 11-27-06, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*thanks God the sale is over*

*remembers the Google $10 off $30 deal*

D'oh!
Old 11-27-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't use Internet Explorer...
Old 11-27-06, 04:24 AM

Looks like the Blu-Ray & HD-DVD titles won't be added during the sale
Old 11-27-06, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by spizz
Looks like the Blu-Ray & HD-DVD titles won't be added during the sale
The titles you were looking for were not in our database. I could not get them added in time unfortunately.
Old 11-27-06, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pasolini
That was absolutely one of the most annoying, unpleasant internet shopping experiences of my long years of shopping online. Here's a few of the things (using internet explorer):

1) I'd put a dvd on my 'wishlist'. when I'd go shopping again and come back, it'd be gone
2) If I put a 2nd movie on my 'wishlist', only it would appear. Each subsequent new dvd would erase the previous one
3) same thing happened to my shopping cart - every time I'd put something new in it, it would take away anything else.
4) this happened whether or not i was logged in or not. (i had to log in over and over - it wouldn't keep me logged in)
5) the only way I could shop and build up an order was to go into 'checkout' every single time I added a new dvd to my cart. I'd have to add the movie to my cart, then click 'proceed to checkout'. Then I'd have to log in with my username and password (EVERY TIME!) and then finally it would be in my checkout list. Then I'd have to go search for the next title and do all that over again
6) once I was in the checkout, I would add the coupon and it would apply. However, when I clicked on the shipping choices to change it to free shipping, it wiped out my discount, and I had to re-enter my coupon again!

Did this not happen to anyone else? I've attempted to make an order since yesterday morning, and this has happened repeatedly.
I am not sure what caused this because we really did not have any reports of this problem. It appears that you have cookies blocked which disables all shopping functionality.
Old 11-27-06, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by John Hodson
Though I'd spent up in the DDD sale, I finally relented and placed an order tonight; odd thing - I couldn't use Google Checkout because it told me 'DVD Planet does not ship to the United Kingdom'. But of course, they do...

I placed my order and just used the sale code.
While DVD Planet are around, what is the situation with the above; is it simply that your are not accepting Google Checkout orders from overseas?
Old 11-27-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Err...my used item is on backorder still.
Old 11-27-06, 07:43 PM

Got my Alias Complete Collection today. Awesome collection for an awesome price.
Old 11-27-06, 08:10 PM
Suspended

Placed an order last Wednesday. Still hasn't shipped. Also, placed a google order thru dvdplanet over the weekend. Also, hasn't shipped. Having bad luck getting my shit shipped lately. I'm gonna have to break down and call Buy.com this week and get money back for at least 3 orders that I still haven't received. Oh well.
Old 11-27-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How long does a title take to go from 'In Stock' to shipping usually? I've had one sitting there for 5 days now.
Old 11-27-06, 09:17 PM

Any chance you guys are allowed to do the $20 off $50 GCO, or will it only be 10 off 30, period. Just curious since I have my eyes on a few of the $52 and $65 criterion collections.
Old 11-27-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I read a response in another thread that they won't have the $20 off $50. Shame too, the Criterions would be sick deals.
Old 11-27-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got an e-mail indicating my Criterion Malle box set has shipped (ordered 11/24).

I am still awaiting shipping confirmation on Fanny and Alexander five-disc, ordered the same day w/GCO coupon.
Old 11-27-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's DVDPlanet's quote from the Coupon thread:

"We will not have the $20 off $50 coupon. We were lucky to be able to offer the $10 off $30".
http://www.dvdplanet.com
Old 11-28-06, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stonecountry
Dang it.....I waited I suppose too close to midnight to try to place an order, and by the time I had everything ready to click place order and apply the code.......the code said it was expired.
The way I understood the promotion was that if you registered with Google before the deadline, you could use the code until sometime in December. And, just a couple of hours ago having used a $10 off $10 from an account that I registered yesterday and then forgot about, I believe that this is true.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.