Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 20% off sale at DVDPlanet 11/18-11/26

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tofferman
Ordered Seinfeld: Season 7 for $27.97 shipped. And to those who have yet to order from DVD Planet, I can't recommend them highly enough. Excellent customer service, competitive pricing, well-packed dvds, and the Frequent Buyer Point system was retained after they merged with DigitalEyes. They are as respectable as DDD in my experience.
But you forgot to say "but you might not get the right DVDs though"

I've only ordered from them 4 times and 3 out of those 4 times i've gotten the wrong DVDs. Thats pretty sad if i only got one right order.
Old 11-19-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVD Planet
Hey Guys,

If your used item says it is backordered, I do not really think it is backordered. The status update on used items (since we normally only have 1 copy) is probably not reporting the right info. PLEASE DO NOT PANIC. I do not have full access to things at the office from home so I probably cannot check til I go into the office tomorrow AM.
I ordered six used DVDs and they are all listed as "Back Order" as well. Here is my email address:

[email protected]

Thanks a lot.
Old 11-19-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by tofferman
They are as respectable as DDD in my experience.
Actually DDD has lost some respect from me in this sale. Not a peep from DDD Dave, and their email system has been very inconsistent. Digital Eyes always had top-notch customer service with Mark at the helm, and that has continued after DE merged with DVD Planet, as shown in this thread. DDD seems to have gone in the opposite direction.
Old 11-19-06, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I ordered six used DVDs and they are all listed as "Back Order" as well. Here is my email address:

[email protected]

Thanks a lot.
Every order I have checked exhibiting the backorder issue had one used title on backorder with the remaining items OK. I will look into why this is happening, but the majority of the items are in process for you. On your order there was one title unavailable which I will e-mail you about.
Old 11-19-06, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
But you forgot to say "but you might not get the right DVDs though"

I've only ordered from them 4 times and 3 out of those 4 times i've gotten the wrong DVDs. Thats pretty sad if i only got one right order.
Sorry to hear you had some problems with our site. Not really sure why this happened to you because it definitely is not the norm.
Old 11-19-06, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Picked up a few Criterions at the B&M store.

Probably gonna go pick up some more on Tuesday when I buy Seinfeld.

DVDPlanet=
Thanks for shopping at the store. The store is awesome. The best news is we have a HUGE instore next month on 12/28 planned with a well know comedian. Will announce who very soon.
Old 11-19-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Every order I have checked exhibiting the backorder issue had one used title on backorder with the remaining items OK. I will look into why this is happening, but the majority of the items are in process for you. On your order there was one title unavailable which I will e-mail you about.
Thanks a bunch, I replied to the email.

I don't know if you can answer this, but how much more traffic would you say that DVD Planet is getting now that you have started this sale?
Old 11-19-06, 03:00 PM

Let's just say orders have been pretty good this weekend. :-)
Old 11-19-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alrighty then.

Old 11-19-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mark, is the code going to stay valid for multiple orders, you said "Sorry to report bad news, but you can use the coupon multiple times for now..." I plan to buy more, I just was wondering if I need to hurry or if I can let my second order build a little. I am hoping for some HD-DVD updates on Monday - Forbidden Planet SE for example.
Old 11-19-06, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by speedyray
Mark, is the code going to stay valid for multiple orders, you said "Sorry to report bad news, but you can use the coupon multiple times for now..." I plan to buy more, I just was wondering if I need to hurry or if I can let my second order build a little. I am hoping for some HD-DVD updates on Monday - Forbidden Planet SE for example.
I think it will stay active for multiple use. If I do close it down for multiple use, I will give a final warning here before I do it.
Old 11-19-06, 03:28 PM

Hey Guys,

While I have your attention I have a question. I have been toying with doing a "Amazon Prime" like shipping program. If we did something like this, would it increase the quantity you order from DVD Planet if our prices stay the same as now?
Old 11-19-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for shopping at the store. The store is awesome. The best news is we have a HUGE instore next month on 12/28 planned with a well know comedian. Will announce who very soon.
Which location? I live just blocks away from the Rancho Cucamonga, CA, one.
Old 11-19-06, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Which location? I live just blocks away from the Rancho Cucamonga, CA, one.
It is going to be at Huntington Beach.
Old 11-19-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey Guys,

While I have your attention I have a question. I have been toying with doing a "Amazon Prime" like shipping program. If we did something like this, would it increase the quantity you order from DVD Planet if our prices stay the same as now?
Honestly. I group my orders at around $100 so I usually just take the free shipping. I am not in a big hurry 99% of the time when ordering movies. I enjoyed my amazon prime trial, but not enough to subscribe.
Old 11-19-06, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by seymouru
Actually DDD has lost some respect from me in this sale. Not a peep from DDD Dave,......
I noticed this as well, but after the summer sale I cant say I really blame him. Although if he would have just started off with some ground rules and said no PM'ing + 20% off I think there wouldnt have been much of a problem.
Old 11-19-06, 04:16 PM

Hey Guys,

I always just go with the free shipping, so I dont see myself paying extra to get them here faster. I am impatient, but not enough to pay extra.........
Old 11-19-06, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by DrPrimo
I noticed this as well, but after the summer sale I cant say I really blame him. Although if he would have just started off with some ground rules and said no PM'ing + 20% off I think there wouldnt have been much of a problem.
To be fair, Dave is VP at Infinity in charge of ALL the internet companies. I can assure you he does care about the job they do at DDD, but that is not his only task at hand. BTW No one has asked me to post anything about this.

I sold Digital Eyes to Infinity 3 and a half years ago because I respected the way they run their business and have stayed after my contract with them expired...
Old 11-19-06, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by DrPrimo
I always just go with the free shipping, so I dont see myself paying extra to get them here faster. I am impatient, but not enough to pay extra.........
I thought Prime was crazy and could not understand why anyone would use it until I tried the trial. Then I renewed and order a ton of stuff at Amazon. Of course I like it because I am lazy and want my stuff quick.
Old 11-19-06, 04:32 PM

I thought Prime was crazy and could not understand why anyone would use it until I tried the trial. Then I renewed and order a ton of stuff at Amazon. Of course I like it because I am lazy and want my stuff quick.
Same here,

I started ordering everything from Amazon after they started the Prime Shipping, even if it was a few dollars more than other stores like DDD, DvdPlanet, etc. I only order from other online stores now if the price difference is huge or if there is a big sale on (like now).

If the same program was available at DvdPlanet, I would definately sign up - With as many Dvd's as I buy, having them available at a lower price than Amazon and still getting them shipped fast and free woud be fantastic. That combined with frequent buyer points would probably make it the only store I ordered from (at least for dvd's).

Roy
Old 11-19-06, 04:51 PM

Just to be clear....if I wanted to place another order, can I use the code over? Cause I forgot to purchase a couple Christmas presents. I believe I read somewhere on the site that codes can only be used once per family / address / etc.

Any info will be appreciated as I need to figure out what I'm going to do.

Last edited by TLeeTx2012; 11-19-06 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-19-06, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Fair enough, but I'm still cool--everything I've ordered from buy.com arrives like it was used as a hockey puck, so it's worth a tad more for the piece of mind...
Have other people had similar experiences in general? I bought ST:TAS for $28 on Buy.com - my first time using that site.
Old 11-19-06, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mark,

Just out of curiosity, what is up with HD-DVD titles. I mean there are some that you guys never listed. There are some you list other sites do not list. Some appear and then disappear. I mean, its not just you guys, amazon and others are the same way. I mean the initial Paramount titles are still not on your site. I would love to pick up The Italian Job. I already looked elsewhere for Aeon Flux, Sahara and We Were Soldiers.

Oh, and is the Sopranos Season 6 coming out or isn't it?
Old 11-19-06, 05:07 PM

Come on in. The water's warm.
that's not something one dude should say to the next.....

Old 11-19-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TLeeTx2012
Just to be clear....if I wanted to place another order, can I use the code over? Cause I forgot to purchase a couple Christmas presents. I believe I read somewhere on the site that codes can only be used once per family / address / etc.

Any info will be appreciated as I need to figure out what I'm going to do.

I do beleive it is now multi-use code. Orignally it was 1 use.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.