Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Accepted DVD $5 off at BB w/ MasterCard? Help!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-06, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just stopped in at Best Buy to pick up Accepted for $18. They have a deal going on (not sure if it's only at BB or all B&M stores) where you save $5 instantly if you use a MasterCard. I did, and the clerk charged me the full $18 plus tax. When I asked about the $5, she said that it might be a rebate. No rebate form came out, so she said that MasterCard will probably just credit my account the $5. Is this right? I'm figuring I'll probably have to go back and talk it over with customer service, but wanted to find out the details before looking like a jerk by arguing over something I'm not entitled to.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if it involves some kind of rebate that doesn't sound instantly to me. Is there a sticker on the case?
Old 11-15-06, 01:27 PM

A screen pop ups with a SKU before the total, the cashier is supposed to enter the SKU if you pay with a Mastercard.
Old 11-15-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottsDvds
A screen pop ups with a SKU before the total, the cashier is supposed to enter the SKU if you pay with a Mastercard.
Correct.

Make sure you go back and get your adjustment.

The deal is listed right in the ad and I listed it in my DVD section with the Accepted DVD.

Accepted >>>>> $17.99 *****

****Save $5 Instantly when you purchase Accepted using your MasterCard // Offer valid in store only

Last edited by speedy1961; 11-15-06 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-15-06, 02:10 PM

Excellent! As always, thanks for the help, guys. I'll stop in on my way home tonight and get the price adjustment.

By the way, Xb, I thought the same thing - didn't seem all that "instant" if I had to wait for it. Yes, there is a sticker on the front of the DVD case (which matches the $5 off BB ad). I even pointed that out to her, to no avail. I even pulled it off to see if additional details were listed on the back, and it was blank (naturally). Wasn't sure what to do as I stood there at checkout looking like an idiot with my $18+ receipt in hand. Glad all of you folks are here to help me out!

Last edited by davejt1; 11-15-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-16-06, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by davejt1
Excellent! As always, thanks for the help, guys. I'll stop in on my way home tonight and get the price adjustment.

By the way, Xb, I thought the same thing - didn't seem all that "instant" if I had to wait for it. Yes, there is a sticker on the front of the DVD case (which matches the $5 off BB ad). I even pointed that out to her, to no avail. I even pulled it off to see if additional details were listed on the back, and it was blank (naturally). Wasn't sure what to do as I stood there at checkout looking like an idiot with my $18+ receipt in hand. Glad all of you folks are here to help me out!
That's what we DVDTalkers do my friend!

If I don't speak with ya again, have a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-16-06, 08:19 AM

You, too, speedy. Lots of great food, football on TV, and plenty of time to catch up on my DVD watching - I so love the holidays!!!

BTW, went back to BB and got the price adjustment with no problem.
Old 11-16-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davejt1
You, too, speedy. Lots of great food, football on TV, and plenty of time to catch up on my DVD watching - I so love the holidays!!!

BTW, went back to BB and got the price adjustment with no problem.

Excellent!