Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

I Used Wal-Greens $3.00 Coupon Off For Little Mermaid @ Bestbuy

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-06, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Used Wal-Greens $3.00 Coupon Off For Little Mermaid @ Bestbuy

Imagine my surprise when I found out Bestbuy accepted the 3 dollar off coupon on the little mermaid. I was joking around when I asked if they accepted competitor coupons b/c I always thought they didn't and they said yes. And plus I had the 10% off any media coupon so I got it for a little over 11 dollars out the door. A pretty good deal I thought.
Old 10-07-06, 04:55 PM

you just got lucky, the policy states competitor coupons are not accepted.
Old 10-07-06, 06:40 PM

wow

wow the people at my best buy would have laughed in my face had I tried or asked about something like that....they hate when I pricematch...
Old 10-07-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with what the others have stated.

You should've been smacked down.
Old 10-08-06, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Lol! This thread is a great counter-point to the one where a guy asked for an expired sale price and didn't get it. That one sure brought the freaks out of the woodwork to call him an imbecile just for trying. I wonder why they aren't piling on you for a similar offense?
Old 10-08-06, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by amd555
you just got lucky, the policy states competitor coupons are not accepted.

see that's what I thought too.....b/c I KNOW I've tried in the past. But orignally I went to one cashier and she told me they did...and the next day when I wentt actually buy it, he said yes too so maybe they changed their policy? Or maybe it's just a local deal? if you've got the coupon, it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 10-08-06, 07:36 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
FWIW, Circuit City does accept competitor coupons, I believe Wal-Mart does as well.

I use the Best Buy $5 video game coupons at CC all the time.
Old 10-09-06, 08:09 AM

Phatboy's experience is exactly what I'm finding--there is no consistency to their pricing policies.

Last week I tried to price match a competitor whose ad said "limit 1 per customer." Although they eventually price-matched ("we'll only do it for you this time!"), in most of BB's other stores the "limit 1 per customer" does not seem to matter.

Can you imagine my surprise when I had a defective DVD a few months ago and needed a replacement. The customer service person just told me to get another one--without even asking for a receipt or checking to see if it was defective! They didn't even run it through the register!

Lack of consistency is the name of the game with Best Buy!
Old 10-09-06, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dvdirv
Phatboy's experience is exactly what I'm finding--there is no consistency to their pricing policies.

Last week I tried to price match a competitor whose ad said "limit 1 per customer." Although they eventually price-matched ("we'll only do it for you this time!"), in most of BB's other stores the "limit 1 per customer" does not seem to matter.

Lack of consistency is the name of the game with Best Buy!
The managers at the Hawthorne, CA have tried this "limit 1 per customer" line against my many Fry's price matches.

I keep telling them that they just did it last week or that the Torrance, CA store has no problems making me happy, so they finally do it.

Also, it's strange that they say that Warehouse store prices are not matched at all. I've seen the entries in their point of sale system where it specifically states Costco and Sam's Club.
Old 10-09-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've had problems with the "limit 1 per customer" at Circuit City... Any time I ask either BB or CC for a copy of their PMing rules so that I know what I can and can't do, they pretty much tell me no can do. I feel like it's so arbitrary and totally depends on the person who checks you out. I'm pretty sure my local BB would laugh in my face if I tried to use a coupon for another store (congrats to the OP, though!). I'm surprised they haven't blacklisted me or something. Ha ha. Oddly enough, one of the guys who I guess has noticed that I go in quite a bit said I should apply. No thanks!
Old 10-09-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Lol! This thread is a great counter-point to the one where a guy asked for an expired sale price and didn't get it. That one sure brought the freaks out of the woodwork to call him an imbecile just for trying. I wonder why they aren't piling on you for a similar offense?
Because that guy was an idiot, this guy is just lucky, and I'm sure he wouldn't have jumped on here to vent if they haddent taken the other stores coupon
Old 10-09-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvdirv
Can you imagine my surprise when I had a defective DVD a few months ago and needed a replacement. The customer service person just told me to get another one--without even asking for a receipt or checking to see if it was defective! They didn't even run it through the register!
they often do defective trades without receipts--consider, gifts.
I mean, if you're trading one of an item for the same one, they, I believe, can get equal credit for it when it's returned as defective. Plus, it's completely unfeasible to check DVDs for defects--are they gonna sit someone down for two hours to watch each one? And do you really want to have to wait two hours on a return?

And as far as the register's concerned, there's not a huge need; there's no change in inventory from trading a copy of something for another copy. They often get all set at the register then just go "...meh, not worth the time." and let me go the same way.
Of course they're more likely to do that when I'm just being nitpicky about unopened DVDs with smashed corners and such than they are with opened ones, but even then they've let me go the same way.