DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Get Smart All 5 Seasons Time Life Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Get Smart All 5 Seasons Time Life Exclusive

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...type=10&subid=

Time Life will be selling Get Smart beginning November 15, 2006. They have a one year exclusive deal . Show will not be available at other retailers like Amazon until Fall 2007. Time Life will sell all 5 seasons for $200 ($40 a season).

This information came from Home Theater Forum:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...=205335&page=7

Get Smart will most likely be cheaper when available elsewhere like DDD and Amazon. However for fans who don't want to wait until Fall 2007 this is a good deal.

More information has now been posted at TV Shows on DVD
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6421

Last edited by Classic Films; 10-22-06 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-15-06, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is some sweet packaging. I've always enjoyed this show, and the pricing isn't too terrible considering it is 25 discs. Sounds like a lot of supplements, too.

Also, it might not be too much cheaper a year from now as it is being released by HBO Home Video who, as we all know, like to charge quite a bit for their releases.
Old 09-15-06, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the codes. Do any T-L regulars know if a 20% coupon comes out between now and shipping, will they allow you to change the order (or cancel and re-order) or will they give you a hard time?
Old 09-15-06, 03:41 PM
Defunct Account

I wonder if they'll clearance these out when their license lapses like they did for the Muppets?
Old 09-15-06, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if I can wait a whole year for this. I may have to go ahead and preorder it. Hopefully, a few more coupons will come around before then.
Old 09-16-06, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Reaper
I don't know if I can wait a whole year for this.
Why not? You've already waited a few decades.
Old 09-16-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like you can split up your order, and instead of paying the entire thing off at once you can do it in four payments of just $42.50. I'd actually think about doing it that way.
Old 09-16-06, 10:11 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I'm a little leary about ordering from Time Life again. I got the Odd Couple Season One set and chose the monthly payments, but they overcharged me and never responded to my e-mails.
Old 09-16-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

for those who want to wait a little while (or at least until the end of the month)..

LKMD59 15% off $75 or more Exp 09/30/06

they sometimes have 20% off coupons

(15% off takes $29.99 off) .. tax in IL, IN, NY, PA, and VA
Old 09-16-06, 01:32 PM
Premium Member

Received 699 Likes on 466 Posts
I'll look it up, but anybody have experience with cancellation of orders from here?

More to the point... If I order at the %15 off coupon and a 20% comes along is it hard to cancel from there and re-order, or is it a pain in the ass?
Old 09-19-06, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by dcprules

Also, it might not be too much cheaper a year from now as it is being released by HBO Home Video who, as we all know, like to charge quite a bit for their releases.
I think that is only true for shows that original aired on HBO. "Everybody Loves Raymond" for example is released by HBO Video and its season sets are usually available for between $20 to $30 per season eventually.
Old 09-19-06, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
I'll look it up, but anybody have experience with cancellation of orders from here?

More to the point... If I order at the %15 off coupon and a 20% comes along is it hard to cancel from there and re-order, or is it a pain in the ass?
This is the only thing I found on Time Life site about preorders:

When will my pre-ordered product ship?
Once the product you pre-ordered arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your order. The estimated ship day noted on the product page is our best estimate---it may be shipped before or after that date. If you decide you no longer want the product you pre-ordered, you may cancel your order by calling toll-free, 1-800-826-8545.

I have no experience ordering from them so i don't know how much of a hassle it is to cancel and then reorder with a better coupon.
You can also refuse an unopened package if received. However they will deduct shipping and handling from your refund. For something that cost $199.99 or less, they currently charge $16.99 for shipping and handling.
http://www.timelife.com/custserv/cus...ctionId=576#q4

This is what it says about coupons:
Limited-Time Promotional Offers and Coupons

What types of limited-time promotional offers are commonly found on TimeLife.com?
Percentage off, free shipping and handling, buy one/get one at half price, and special product discounts are all examples of limited-time promotions periodically offered by TimeLife.com. To take full advantage of these offers, it is best to visit our store often. If you would like to be notified of TimeLife.com's special offers and promotions via e-mail, click here.

Are there any restrictions on limited-time promotional offers?
Yes, when taking advantage of a limited-time promotional offer, please be sure to read the entire list of restrictions associated with that specific promotion. If your order does not seem to reflect the benefits stated in the promotion, take another moment to review the promotion's restrictions. Please note that, in order to qualify for a specific promotion, your order must be placed during the specified promotion period. We are unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of a promotional offer. All orders are subject to approval.

How do I use a promotional coupon code?
Most promotional e-mails have a coupon code for you to use. Entering this code is necessary in redeeming the coupon. Once you have selected products from our site and are in your shopping cart, enter the code in the Coupon Code box and click Apply. The promotional offer/discount will be reflected in checkout.

Can I use a coupon code during a limited-time promotional offer?
Yes, you can use a coupon during a special promotion. However, only one discount can be applied to a transaction at one time. If you use a coupon, it will override all other offers.

Last edited by Classic Films; 09-19-06 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-20-06, 05:33 PM

Complete Get Smart set avaliable on Time-Life!

Well it has finally happened. Time-Life has released Get Smart for preorder and will be shipped in time for Christmas!! Time-Life starts shipping these out on November 15th so I'll be having a SUPER early Christmas =)

All 5 seasons on 25 DVDs containing all 138 episodes in all their restored glory. With over 9 hours of special features including intros to each episode from 99 herself!!!

I ordered my copy the day they were avaliable to preorder. You can order at www.getsmartondvd.com.

See all the incredible extras at:
www.wouldyoubelieve.com/dvd.html
Old 09-20-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Repost
Old 09-20-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Man, I loved that show as a kid.
Old 10-21-06, 11:27 PM

I ordered my copy.

25 discs, and DVD Profiler will count it as one entry.
Old 10-22-06, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure if this is very useful in this instance, as the % off coupons are probably
more valuable, but I just received an e-mail from Time Life with the following free
shipping code: EMLFS6

*To claim your Free Standard Shipping coupon:
Enter EMLFS6 in the coupon code box on the shopping cart page. This exclusive offer
expires 11:59 p.m., ET, October 25, 2006. Applies to merchandise orders of $50 or
more, excluding taxes and shipping charges, before discount taken. Only one coupon
code per customer. Coupon cannot be used in combination with any other coupon
offer or prior purchases and does not apply to introductory and preview offers.
We can ship orders to US and FPO/APO addresses only.
Old 10-24-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Looks like they are offering free shipping on this set, might only be as a pre-order. So, no code needed, which is good because you can only use one per order.
Here is the next code:
15% Off w/ $75 Purchase • w/ Coupon LKMD59 • (one coupon per order) exp 10/31/06

Also a certain Famous Website offers 8% cashback.

$199.96 - 15% = $169.97 - 8% = $156.37
Old 10-26-06, 10:55 PM

Thanks everyone for the info! This is one set that I bit the bullet on and pre-ordered, even at (what I consider) a pretty high price.

With Coupon LKMD59 (which expires the end of this month), it was $169 and change *gasp* so I went ahead and used Molsen's suggestion for the cash back by signing up at... that other place. It'll be interesting to see if I get that $8 or so back by the end of January. They explained that the cash back may be in pending for up to 120 days after final shipment has been shipped.

Whatever the case, I have just spent a lot of money and am in shock. But I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes in their entirety. =)

I watched the show (reruns) as a kid and when Nick at Nite aired the weeklong marathon (late 80s?) I taped as much as I could. More recently TVLand aired Get Smart, but they edited the show differently (which I found odd as I thought TVLand and Nick were sister stations?). With now two sets of vhs tapes of the series, I couldn't throw a single tape away, as each edit had segments that just couldn't be ignored. So as I say, I'm looking forward to this set on dvd in it's entirety. =)
Old 11-21-06, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Looks like they are offering free shipping on this set, might only be as a pre-order. So, no code needed, which is good because you can only use one per order.
Here is the next code:
15% Off w/ $75 Purchase • w/ Coupon LKMD59 • (one coupon per order) exp 10/31/06

Also a certain Famous Website offers 8% cashback.

$199.96 - 15% = $169.97 - 8% = $156.37
There's a 20% coupon (EMLBMSM - expires 11/22) you can use now to bring the price down to:

$199.96 - 20% = $159.97 - 8% = $147.17

Still offering free shipping. The set is backordered now, but I'm assuming they will still apply the discount.
Old 11-21-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

any ideas on when or how soon backorders are shipped from previous experiences with time life ...
Old 11-21-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nevermind I called and they said 4 to 6 weeks is the expected time on it since it is backordered ...
Old 11-22-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
I canceled/reordered on 11/18 and got a shipped email today.
Old 11-22-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine was delivered today. I ordered it as soon as it was announced, so I guess I was near the front of the queue. Can't wait to check it out tonight.
Old 11-22-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmmm i think i cancelled mine , but i spoke to someone there and they said it was backordered for a couple weeks now it shows up in stock ;( crazy ...

there is a pending charge on my CC but i didn't get any emails saying they were shipped ... i will have to call them again it seems to clear things up ...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.