Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

R.E.M. "And I Feel Fine" 2 CD Set & "When The Light Is Mine" DVD - $14.99 @ Amazon

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

R.E.M. "And I Feel Fine" 2 CD Set & "When The Light Is Mine" DVD - $14.99 @ Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
There is something to complain about. Never notifying me that it was cancelled is plenty of reason. I could have been sitting around for 2-3 weeks expecting it to come and never receive it. I just happened to look at my order online or I may have never known. Obviously they cover their ass with the price mistake, but not keeping us aware of what is going on, or shipping it in some cases and then changing the price, is not acceptable.
I understand there is something to complain about, but you mentioned e-mailing the founder and CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos. My point was this doesn't rise to that level. Anyway, I agree this was slimy on Amazon's part, and I'm also pissed they didn't even notify me about it. I'm just trying to place it into some perspective.
Old 09-15-06, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, my package arrived today with both the CD set & the DVD. Invoice, of course, had a total charge of $31.98 (same as cc account which I checked online). I saved the confirmation email listing a total of $14.99 for both items and emailed customer service asking for an adjustment to my credit statement. Hopefully, they will comply & I won't have to return the items (I am a big R.E.M. fan, particularly of the early stuff that is featured here...I have been a fan since MURMUR was released...unfortunately, was not one of the lucky 15-odd fans who got to see the then-unknown band at a club on "The Strip" in Knoxville before they broke big).

~Edit Update...2 hours later~ Just checked again after mowing yard. Amazon replied notifying me that they have requested a $16.99 refund. Oh Frabjous Day!
Thanks to OP & sorry to those whose orders were cancelled (I've been there, too...many times). BTW...when I first began reading this thread, the deal was "officially" dead...but I checked back the next morning and it was still on. So...the moral of this tale is never to give up.

Last edited by creekdipper; 09-15-06 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
They just sent me an email and canceled my order.

Looks like I'm starting over and I'll be buying these separately now. Amazon may have the best price on the cd, I'll have to look around for the dvd.
Old 09-15-06, 07:35 PM

My order was cancelled also.

Ended up going to DeepDiscountCD for the single cd version "And I Feel Fine" for $10.98

Those great songs are what I really wanted anyway.
Old 09-15-06, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Double CD is now $13.88 incase anyone wants just it.
Old 09-15-06, 09:42 PM

Got the cancellation e-mail today.
Old 09-16-06, 03:09 AM
Banned

I recieved these yesterday and my invoice had them listed seperately with each original price. I went to my order history today @ Amazon and it stated that the total charge for the order was 14.99!? I am assumming then that 14.99 was charged to the card. I will have to check my statement for sure!
Old 09-16-06, 11:18 AM

my order was cancelled too.
here's why i think everyone that had there order cancelled should complain-
this thread clearly shows that the sale went dead after the first day it was active, only to be re-activated again the next morning. i tried to place my order the first day around 5pm est (i think) and couldn't. when i checked the forum the next morning the sale was on again and i ordered successfully with invoice for $14.99.
amazon is obviously honoring SOME of the purchases from what i'm reading in this thread (people have received their orders already) and not others- that's such dishonest crap! then to send the cancellation notice- like they reserve the right to cancel a confirmed order with invoice after the fact because they f*cked up!
perhaps if the items were out of stock, but amazon didn't even list that as a reason for cancellation. their reason was, WE F*CKED UP. sorry!
most stores honor these kind of mistakes if they make them.
look at the massive target snafu last year. and the recent overstock $15 off any purchase mistake. when the vendor realizes their error, they correct the problem so it doesn't happen again and honor their sales.
amazon stopped the sale, re-instated it the following morning and is honoring some and not all of the confirmation invoices they emailed back to customers.
i think everyone who got cancelled should complain.
Old 09-16-06, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by smurr05
I recieved these yesterday and my invoice had them listed seperately with each original price. I went to my order history today @ Amazon and it stated that the total charge for the order was 14.99!? I am assumming then that 14.99 was charged to the card. I will have to check my statement for sure!
I'd definitely advise checking because that's pretty much what I got.
It was seeing two separate shipping emails that made me go "wait a minute..."
because both listed a full-fledged total...