Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Trade 3 get one free at Movie Stop...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade 3 get one free at Movie Stop...

I realize there are only a few Movie Stops around (just like Game Stop, but bigger and full of movies), but they have a deal where you can trade in any 3 used DVDs and get any new release $19.99 or under for free.

The DVDs you trade have to be major studio releases and have a case and cover art. I've been buying bulk lots on eBay for around $3 per DVD, meaning I'm getting any new release for $9.

I was told by an employee that this is an ongoing promotion. You can also trade three in to reserve a copy of a future release.

Most of their 2 disc SEs are over $19.99, but if you just wait for a used one to come back, they'll all be under $19.99.

I traded in 9 garbage DVDs the other day, including two WWII documentaries, and got a used copy of Munich LE (it was in better shape than the only new copy they had), Double Indemnity Legacy Series (new), and The Omen CE (new). Not bad for $27.

Anyway, I figured I'd let everybody know just in case they live near a Movie Stop. I live near one (Midlothian, VA) but I don't know how many there are. They don't even have a website.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is the best way to trade DVDs to them. If you just trade them for store credit, you only get a couple bucks for them.

Last edited by vcuram; 09-03-06 at 10:02 PM.