Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Buena Vista TV Rebate Offer

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-06, 06:44 PM
sjs
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, there are none of either in this code, nor are there any letters/numbers that could be mistaken for one another. And I tried caps and lower case. Finally got a message with a phone number to call (800-477-2811). I was told to fax a copy of the "invalid" code insert, after which I would be given a new code to enter. It's looking hopeful now, especially after seeing no mention of customer service contact info on either the insert or the web site.
Old 09-06-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sjs
I just tried to enter codes from the inserts in my Desperate Housewives and Commander in Chief purchases. Housewives was accepted, but I'm told the Commander code is invalid. The code I'm entering is exactly what's on the insert. Now what do I do? It shouldn't be this hard.
Just a question with this, when you enter the codes do you enter the dashes in the code or just the letters/numbers themself?

EDIT: Just checked and it looks like the site spaces them out into blocks for you to enter the info.

2nd Question: Have people still been finding these codes in packages that have bonuses in them/do they still have the rebate stickers on the front?
Old 09-06-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
2nd Question: Have people still been finding these codes in packages that have bonuses in them/do they still have the rebate stickers on the front?
I picked mine up at Wal-Mart, on the day of release. It came with the bonus disc, but, there was no sticker on the front saying anything about a rebate. The rebate was tucked into the pocket, with the rest of the material. I didn't notice any of the sets with a sticker stating anything about a rebate.
Old 09-07-06, 05:03 PM

My C-I-C part 2 had a sticker for the rebate but I don't recall DH having one.
Old 09-07-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I picked mine up at Wal-Mart, on the day of release. It came with the bonus disc, but, there was no sticker on the front saying anything about a rebate. The rebate was tucked into the pocket, with the rest of the material. I didn't notice any of the sets with a sticker stating anything about a rebate.
Thanks for the info. I thought I remember reading somewhere that there had to be a sticker on it to have a rebate and that is what I posted on here earlier, but apparently even if there is not a sticker they must be putting these rebates in all copies.
Old 09-08-06, 03:14 PM

My LOST code was also showing as INVALID. Will try calling the number above. Sucks.
Old 09-08-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

didn't know about this rebate. more of a reason to pick up GA S2 on release day now since i already got DH S2.
Old 09-08-06, 03:51 PM

Does anyone have Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and/or Commander in Chief and want a code for Lost? I bought the Lost season two set today and I know I won't be picking up any of the others, so I'd rather pass the code onto one of you guys.

First person to post their email address can have it.
Old 09-08-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

removed email address, now that I received the code.

Thanks again!!!

Last edited by Brett; 09-08-06 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
Does anyone have Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and/or Commander in Chief and want a code for Lost? I bought the Lost season two set today and I know I won't be picking up any of the others, so I'd rather pass the code onto one of you guys.

First person to post their email address can have it.
::EDIT::

Darn, Brett beat me by a few minutes.

Please see post #44 if you'd like to help!

Last edited by dvd-fanman; 09-09-06 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brett
just remove the "-nospam-"
Thanks!
Sent. :)
Old 09-08-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was very nice of the above poster to do that.

If anyone else has a code that they are not planning to use, for Lost S2, then I'd be happy to have it. That's the only set I'm not picking up. Just let me know.
Old 09-08-06, 04:59 PM

works for multiples of the same set too!

just to let you all know... if you happen to buy multiples of the same set (such as 2 copies of lost season two or 2 copies of desperate housewives seasons two) it will allow you to use those on the same rebate... in other words you don't have to buy 4 different ones...
Old 09-08-06, 06:31 PM
sjs
Cool New Member

A happy ending to my invalid code story. I faxed a copy of the invalid code insert as instructed and was called the next day by a very nice woman, Kathy, who gave me a new code to try. She also thanked me for my patience, told me what to do should that new code not work and promised to stick with me until the issue was resolved. Well, I just successfully entered that new code and my rebate is now being processed. How refreshing to experience such responsive and friendly customer service when so many businesses today seem to give a rat's tail about keeping the customer satisfied.
Old 09-09-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was very nice of the above poster to do that.

If anyone else has a code that they are not planning to use, for Lost S2, then I'd be happy to have it. That's the only set I'm not picking up. Just let me know.
drop me a line with your email and I'll send you mine
Old 09-09-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll be getting Lost, DH and GA, but not Commander in Chief. So, in the very unlikely event someone is ONLY getting that one I would highly appreciate a code too. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-09-06, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ah What The Hell, If Everyone Else Is Asking, I Bought DH S2, & Lost S2, If Anyone Is Buying Greys Anatomy S2 And Isn't Going To Need The Rebate Code, I'd Greatly Appreciate It.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by achau9598
drop me a line with your email and I'll send you mine

Very cool of you to do! I appreciate it, very much.

Thanks, again, for the code!

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 09-10-06 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-09-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Brett got in before me by a few minutes in post #34. If anyone does have an extra code they would like to part with, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

email [email protected]

just remove "-nospam" for email address.
Old 09-10-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
I'll be getting Lost, DH and GA, but not Commander in Chief. So, in the very unlikely event someone is ONLY getting that one I would highly appreciate a code too. Thank you in advance.
The titles do not matter. You can claim multiple codes from the same title. The only restriction is two rebates max per household, so you can claim up to a maximum of 8 codes.
Old 09-10-06, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

I purchased mine at Wal*Mart, in order to get the bonus disc. Luckily, they price matched the Target price of $35.99 (as Wal*Mart's price was $47.97). My set also included the Rebate Offer. This is great, because I am also picking up Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Second Season.
Wal-Mart had a bonus disc? Is it the same as the Best Buy Exclusive bonus disc. Never saw any advertisement for it.

Last edited by LostNFound; 09-10-06 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-10-06, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LostNFound
Wal-Mart had a bonus disc? Is it the same as the Best Buy Exclusive bonus disc. Never saw any advertisement for it.
Walmart had a bonus disc for Desperate Housewives s2.
Best Buy had a bonus disc for Lost s2.
Old 09-11-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
The titles do not matter. You can claim multiple codes from the same title. The only restriction is two rebates max per household, so you can claim up to a maximum of 8 codes.
Yeah I read that earlier in this thread (or maybe it was the Lost thread?!?). I won't be getting any doubles though I think.
Old 09-12-06, 11:31 AM

Code needed

If anyone still has an extra code hanging around that they would like to part with, I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks ever so much in advance!
Old 09-13-06, 07:10 PM

Missing code

Hi all, just got my Grey's Anatomy from Amazon, it's missing the code for this deal, any idea what to do?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.