Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Arrested Development - Season 3 @ Overstock.com for $16.01 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I just used the "12% off/$1 shipping with paper clips link again to order the new Seven Samurai Criterion Collection set for $32.xx. When it got to the order confirmation page, it listed the paper clips shipping as UPS Ground (as they were sent to me in the AD deal), and Seven Samurai was listed as USPS (just like AD). There was a big button next to Seven Samurai that said "expedite order". When I pressed it, it upgraded the shipping for Seven Samurai to UPS Ground also, just like the paper clips, and it upgraded it for me for free. Just thought I'd point that out.
Well, I received my Seven Samurai CC today, and they did NOT ship it UPS Ground as stated on my order page and confirmation. I got on their live chat, said I was pissed off that they didn't ship it the way they said they would, and I got a $5 off coupon out of it.

All of that said, it did show up in perfect condition, so there ya go.
Old 09-07-06, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^how hard was that to get the coupon. Mine hasnt arrived yet(it should tomorrow) but and if it's not UPS, i'll be pretty mad, but i'm not so great at bitching to people about this stuff.
Old 09-07-06, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is how it goes:

ME-*gives order number and confirms that it's me*

OS-How may I help you?

ME-*tells them the entire problem*

OS-blah, blah, blah

ME-You told me you'd ship it one way but you did not. To make up for this, I would like a $5 off coupon added to my account.

OS-I have talked to a supervisor, and have added a $5 off coupon to your account. Please check your account to make sure it shows up.

ME-*checks* Ok, it's listed, thanks a lot!

It's really that easy. I've done it at least five times, two in the past few weeks. It's not my fault either, I'm not trying to be an ass. It's just that OS does have a lot of stupid problems, and when I have a problem with them I demand that they make it up to me. You might get someone who just tries to give you a free shipping code. Point out that the shipping is only around $1 usually, and that would most defiantly not make up for the problem, and they'll give you the $5 off instead. Just be nice, don't be an ass, and they'll make you happy. At least that's how it's been for me. I haven't had a single time where they didn't make it up to me.
Old 09-09-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I being overly critical of the USPS? I think two weeks should be sufficient time for them to get a package ninety miles. It only took two days for UPS to get the DVDs from NJ to IL, now the last journey from IL to WI is going by three legged pack mule.
I ordered the thing eighteen days ago thinking I'd get it the week of release.
Old 09-09-06, 06:23 PM

i'm still waiting for my Seven Samurai.....
Old 09-10-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Overstock is putting a trace on my AD set. Still showing in Detroit as of Aug 28 which is only 20 minutes from me.
Old 09-10-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by badlieut
Overstock is putting a trace on my AD set. Still showing in Detroit as of Aug 28 which is only 20 minutes from me.
When did your order originally ship?

I tried getting them to put a trace on my order on Wednesday but they won't do anything until it hits fifteen business days. I think sitting in Chicago for (now) fifteen days should be sufficient. They said it was still in the parameters for USPS delivery.

I'm guessing the USPS considers the UPS-MI packages really low priority. I contacted UPS to see if they could figure out what's going on and they said to wait it out.

Last edited by grenier; 09-10-06 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-10-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It shipped on the 25th. I agree w/ you that they should put a trace on it. I'm supposed to hear something in 4 days.
Old 09-11-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see how they can put a trace on a package that only has delivery confirmation. They'll see that it's just sitting at the bulk mail center.
Old 09-11-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by grenier
I don't see how they can put a trace on a package that only has delivery confirmation. They'll see that it's just sitting at the bulk mail center.
Agreed. It'll probably just sit there and they'll have to ship another via the same method and I'll just keep waiting.
Old 09-13-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It shipped on the 25th. I agree w/ you that they should put a trace on it. I'm supposed to hear something in 4 days.
Any word on your DVDs yet? It's now been long enough that they'll put a trace on my package. Sweet, I get to wait another four days!

I requested that if a replacement is sent that it doesn't go through UPS-MI, they said they couldn't chose the carrier. I think that's crap.
Old 09-13-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by grenier
Any word on your DVDs yet? It's now been long enough that they'll put a trace on my package. Sweet, I get to wait another four days!

I requested that if a replacement is sent that it doesn't go through UPS-MI, they said they couldn't chose the carrier. I think that's crap.
Here is the response...

I apologize that you have not gotten your "Arrested Development - Season 3 (DVD)" as of yet. After reviewing your account I show that this item is not past delivery timeframe's. Please allow 2-15 business days from the ship date to receive your order. If you do not get your order by 9/18/06, just respond to this email and we will initiate a trace on the order.

Lame...I might just fight the charge on my CC...why should I wait.
Old 09-14-06, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's really lame, like the DVDs are going to suddenly show up after sitting all that time. They need to look into why packages shipped UPS-MI are disapearing so frequently.

They emailed me about the trace on my order, they've shipped another copy out. It's on it's way via UPS-MI, which means I probably won't get this one either.
Old 09-14-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what does the "MI" stand for?
Old 09-14-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"MI" = Mail Innovations

UPS Mail Innovations participates in Postal work-share programs, which encourage the pick-up, processing and interim transportation of mail by companies with final delivery by domestic and international postal authorities.

I haven't been impressed by the service.
Old 09-14-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"MI" = Mail Innovations

UPS Mail Innovations participates in Postal work-share programs, which encourage the pick-up, processing and interim transportation of mail by companies with final delivery by domestic and international postal authorities.

I haven't been impressed by the service.
Get used to it, I would say that most dvd sellers will be moving to it. It saves them a ton of shipping charges.
Old 09-14-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Get used to it, I would say that most dvd sellers will be moving to it. It saves them a ton of shipping charges.
I hope that's not the trend. I don't know how much cheaper it is them media rate but if packages keep getting lost they won't be ahead of the game.
Old 09-15-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I was just sent an email from Overstock asking me to submit a review of my paperclips.
Old 09-15-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So did I!
Old 09-15-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope that's not the trend. I don't know how much cheaper it is them media rate but if packages keep getting lost they won't be ahead of the game.
What I here from insiders (dvd distributors) is that it saves a ton of money. The spin I am getting from them is it is faster than media. I havent had much experience.

The rediculous thing that is happening to me is that the cheap item like paperclips is being sent to me ups ground, then the dvds are coming via media
Old 09-15-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The rediculous thing that is happening to me is that the cheap item like paperclips is being sent to me ups ground, then the dvds are coming via media
Not to mention that the paperclips are being package much better then items that are considerably more costly. It makes no sense at all.
Old 09-19-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What I here from insiders (dvd distributors) is that it saves a ton of money. The spin I am getting from them is it is faster than media. I havent had much experience.

Overstock accountants and I must calculate costs differently. My paper clips were sent via FedEx overnight. My AD-S3 DVDs were shipped via that crazy MI method with no tracking number and the Overstock.com trace they initiated resulted in the conclusion that the package has gone missing "in transit." Now they are resending the DVD to me. Crazy...

Oh, I got the item review request also for the paper clips. I gave it a glowing review.
Old 09-19-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I still didn't get my AD so I just told them to credit my card which they did. I'll just get this thing at Costco. So, I paid 16.01 and got a 15.38 refund. So my paperclips cost me .63 cents.
Old 09-19-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by yashan
My AD-S3 DVDs were shipped via that crazy MI method with no tracking number and the Overstock.com trace they initiated resulted in the conclusion that the package has gone missing "in transit." Now they are resending the DVD to me. Crazy...
Yeah, Overstock is saving a fortune shipping items UPS-MI . How many packages have gone missing in transit?

My replacement DVDs have been in UPS's possession since last Thursday. They claim they hand the packages off to the USPS within 48 hours of receipt, which hasn't happened. So help me, if this set goes missing I'm going to get really pissed. It's a matter of principle at this point, I want my damn DVDs.
Old 09-20-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I still didn't get my AD so I just told them to credit my card which they did. I'll just get this thing at Costco. So, I paid 16.01 and got a 15.38 refund. So my paperclips cost me .63 cents.
I didn't know Costco still had a decent price on this boxset otherwise I would have told Overstock to credit my card too...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.