DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   $20 off HBO TV Shows at Costco (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/474254-%2420-off-hbo-tv-shows-costco.html)

vballboy51 08-12-06 11:23 AM

yes please keep us informed!! i can't wait to get wire season 3. i'm watching carnivale s1 as we speak and really wouldn't mind picking up season 2 cheap (though gamestop has the 1st season for 30, like the wire if/when you find them...)

curb for ~10 would be a must buy as well!

Buford T Pusser 08-12-06 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I dunno, but I hope it is... although I remember a similar coupon came out two weeks after the release of 'six feet under season 4' and all copies of seaosn 4 where pulled from the shelves until the coupon was over...

Sounds like some people may be hiding copies of HBO just in case.

critterdvd 08-12-06 03:03 PM

I just got the coupon out of my wallet to scan, but my scanner isn't working... so im just going to type what it has... the fourth DVD that I couldn't remember is 'Deadwood Season 2' and there are three different Item Numbers on the Coupon

# 118465 - discounted from 64.99 to 44.99
# 118466 - discounted from 59.99 to 39.99
# 118467 - discounted from 42.99 to 22.99

I went on costco's website but didn't find any information other than "Rome" has a different item number and is $68.99, so I don't know if it will be included on the sale...

RonBoster 08-12-06 05:57 PM

I saw the coupon and I think it's either discounts for specific price points like those specifed in critterdvd's post above mine or those numbers lister by critterdvd represent specific dvd Titles....my guess is the later. But, I think it would be a streched to assume that anything other than those titles shown or those price points listed on the coupon would be discounted. So I would say Curb and others would be a no go. .....but I am hoping I am wrong and taking the coupon too literal.

giafunk 08-12-06 08:58 PM

i don't think it's limited to the dvds pictured. i think it may be limited to the series that are pictured though because it says '15 item limit per coupon'.

Originally Posted by RonBoster
I saw the coupon and I think it's either discounts for specific price points like those specifed in critterdvd's post above mine or those numbers lister by critterdvd represent specific dvd Titles....my guess is the later. But, I think it would be a streched to assume that anything other than those titles shown or those price points listed on the coupon would be discounted. So I would say Curb and others would be a no go. .....but I am hoping I am wrong and taking the coupon too literal.

thejester 08-12-06 10:28 PM

I doubt Curb Your Enthusiam will be $20 off - I saw it earlier for $23.xx each for seasons 1-5 - would be nice tho'.

Walter Neff 08-12-06 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
^ Anything HBO is TV.

It's not TV. It's HBO.

yeldarb367 08-12-06 11:08 PM

^ Hahaha. I should've seen that coming.

tantheman 08-13-06 12:23 AM

The coupons given in my costco (vacaville, ca) had no such HBO deal. :(

Buford T Pusser 08-13-06 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by tantheman
The coupons given in my costco (vacaville, ca) had no such HBO deal. :(

Aaron Amos? Is that you?

smackattack 08-13-06 05:00 AM

i made my trip to costco today and they only gave out coupons for this weeks stuff, I asked a few costco peeps and they said that they were the only coupons they had.

I went to the dvd section and it was slim pickings. 1 deadwood, a few curbs and thats it. This was at the la mirada location. I sure hope they stock up before this runs, and i sure hope i can get my paws on a coupon.

anyone have any luck in south LA or north OC?

Chris-K 08-13-06 01:39 PM

If their regular price is $68.99 and there's no $20 off, then it's cheaper in both Best Buy ($64.99) and Circuit City ($62.99)...

Classic Films 08-13-06 02:18 PM

The price at Costco.com is not necesarily the price in store. We will not even know if they will be selling Rome in store until release day. Being listed in Costco.com doesn't mean it will be in store.

Manzana 08-13-06 02:25 PM

Does Costco carry Everybody Loves Raymond which is put out by HBO? If they do, what will be the prices once the HBO coupon is active (assuming I can get my hands on one)? I'm waiting for seasons 3 and 4 to be under $20 somewhere.

Shagrath 08-13-06 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Does Costco carry Everybody Loves Raymond which is put out by HBO? If they do, what will be the prices once the HBO coupon is active (assuming I can get my hands on one)? I'm waiting for seasons 3 and 4 to be under $20 somewhere.

I highly doubt that Everybody Loves Raymond would be included with this coupon. I'm sure it's made for HBO shows, and not series distributed by HBO. There's a big difference there.

tantheman 08-13-06 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Aaron Amos? Is that you?

Nope...

Aphex Twin 08-13-06 04:21 PM

Can you pick up the coupons in-store or are they mailed only?

giafunk 08-13-06 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin

these are in store. i got mine on the way out. they weren't handing them out (maybe it's too early), but they had it on the stand with the vacation, car buying guides...i just helped myself.

dalbowski 08-13-06 09:33 PM

Went to Costco today and they had a new shipment of HBO dvds, which I assume were for this coupon. The TV sets were packaged along with an HBO promotional DVD which is the one that Best Buy and Circuit City are giving with a purchase of Rome.

The sets I saw were Sopranos S1-4, The Wire S3, Deadwood S1 & 2, Carnivale S2 and Six Feet Under S1 & 2.

vballboy51 08-13-06 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Went to Costco today and they had a new shipment of HBO dvds, which I assume were for this coupon. The TV sets were packaged along with an HBO promotional DVD which is the one that Best Buy and Circuit City are giving with a purchase of Rome.

The sets I saw were Sopranos S1-4, The Wire S3, Deadwood S1 & 2, Carnivale S2 and Six Feet Under S1 & 2.

with the pricing given, did any of those fall under that? specifclly for me wire s3 and carnivale s2?

Sweet Baby James 08-13-06 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin

I don't think that Costco mails out coupons anymore. They didn't mail out the last Passport book. They just had them in a big box by the exit.

speedy1961 08-13-06 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by vballboy51
with the pricing given, did any of those fall under that? specifclly for me wire s3 and carnivale s2?

Ooooh... I need the wire.

dalbowski 08-13-06 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by vballboy51

Sorry, I do not remember the prices for those particular sets. The Sopranos and Deadwood were the more widely available. The only price I remember was that The Sopranos sets were $42.99.

Cylon 08-13-06 10:23 PM

Eff this deal. We don't even have a Costco. :mad:

yeldarb367 08-13-06 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Sorry, I do not remember the prices for those particular sets. The Sopranos and Deadwood were the more widely available. The only price I remember was that The Sopranos sets were $42.99.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but if all seasons of The Sopranos are $22.99...wow. I'd be all over that.