DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   $20 off HBO TV Shows at Costco (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/474254-%2420-off-hbo-tv-shows-costco.html)

critterdvd 08-11-06 05:21 PM

$20 off HBO TV Shows at Costco - 08/21/2006

The Sale Starts 08/21/2006 and Goes for a Week

When I was walking out of Costco today, the guy that highlights your recipe handed me a list of coupons for the week after next and included is a coupon for $20 off all HBO TV-shows-on-DVD... Pictured was 'Carnivale Season 2,' 'Six Feet Under Season 5,' and 'Soprano's Season 5'

Not a bad deal considering it makes 'Carnivale Season 2' $44.99, and "Band of Brother's" will be $29.99

JiM T 08-11-06 05:46 PM

I wonder if they'll carry many other seasons besides what's mentioned. I'm behind on "Sopranos", but Costco's been getting notoriously thin on DVD selection lately...

Ghostface180 08-11-06 05:52 PM

Hopefully they'll include Curb Your Enthusiasm (Season 5) and/or Entourage (Season 2)

raidersrule86 08-11-06 05:54 PM

If this works on Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully someone can confirm, but if not I'll probably go tomorrow anyway. My Costco had plenty of copies of each season when 5 was released, so hopefully the stock is still there.

gribalski 08-11-06 06:14 PM

Dammit, that's a good price on Carnivale S2 - I paid 20 more than that. I hope my Costco gets some more DVDs though - they ARE getting thin. CYE would be awesome - but I'm not getting my hopes up. If BOB is $30 I'm buying it.

Generally Costco's deals have timeframes - did you happen to notice when this deal is good for? Thanks for posting critterdvd!

Geist 08-11-06 06:20 PM

THE WIRE: Season 3 is also out, and ROME should be this week. Not sure how much they'll be at Costco though.

critterdvd 08-11-06 06:39 PM

If this works on Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully someone can confirm, but if not I'll probably go tomorrow anyway. My Costco had plenty of copies of each season when 5 was released, so hopefully the stock is still there.
I should have used numbers: me a list of coupons for the week after next, these coupsons are good starting August 21st...

I hadn't even thought of Rome, that might be upgraded from netflix to purchase at this price... depends on how much money I have at the time...

gribalski 08-11-06 06:47 PM

Let the countdown begin. Thanks - as with most things I just scanned right past that.

speedy1961 08-11-06 06:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up critterdvd! :up:

RonBoster 08-11-06 06:55 PM

I can't imagine it would include Curb seasons...that would make them less than $4 an entourage about $5....would they discount that much? If the OP sees this, please let us know what if any restrictions there may be? Thanks very much for posting

MonsterMan 08-11-06 07:45 PM

What are the chances that this coupon will work with Rome upon its release?

bluetoast 08-11-06 08:15 PM

Wow, I'm very interested in what can happen with this. Curb is on my list.

smackattack 08-11-06 09:30 PM

id be interested in rome and deadwood prices. I may have to make a preemptive run to costco, grab a dog and see if i can score some coupons.

Dorsalphin 08-11-06 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoster
I can't imagine it would include Curb seasons...that would make them less than $4 an entourage about $5....would they discount that much? If the OP sees this, please let us know what if any restrictions there may be? Thanks very much for posting

I wouldn't be shocked if it did include them. I remember last year (or was it the year before last?) where Costco had its sale on Sex and the City. I ended up buying the complete set for the girlfriend for something like $11 per season after tax.

ctyankee 08-11-06 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
When I was walking out of Costco today, the guy that highlights your recipe handed me a list of coupons for the week after next and included is a coupon for $20 off all HBO TV-shows-on-DVD... Pictured was 'Carnivale Season 2,' 'Six Feet Under Season 5,' and 'Soprano's Season 5'

Not a bad deal considering it makes 'Carnivale Season 2' $44.99, and "Band of Brother's" will be $29.99

Let's hope for the best, but I don't know whether Band of Brothers will be considered a TV show.

yeldarb367 08-11-06 10:54 PM

^ Anything HBO is TV.

yeldarb367 08-12-06 12:14 AM

What are Costco's current prices for some of the HBO shows? Specifically The Wire, Oz, Six Feet Under and The Sopranos.

wennma01 08-12-06 01:12 AM

i hope rome would be considered for this when it comes out....

Buford T Pusser 08-12-06 01:16 AM

If they include Curb I'll be mad I didn't wait to buy the last five seasons.

Ravenous 08-12-06 01:35 AM

Shit! This rules. I gotta buy 4 seasons of Curb if this is legit. Not to mention Rome

So do you have to use a coupon? Dont they usually just scan one at the pay counter? Any details on how this goes would rule cause I have to make plans to go with my mom since my parents are members to this place.

Wait it starts week AFTER next? Can you at least give the exact date on the coupons (like start/expiration)?

critterdvd 08-12-06 01:54 AM

i hope rome would be considered for this when it comes out....
I dunno, but I hope it is... although I remember a similar coupon came out two weeks after the release of 'six feet under season 4' and all copies of seaosn 4 where pulled from the shelves until the coupon was over...

basaro 08-12-06 07:06 AM

BOB for $29.99! That would be sweet. Might have to ask someone at work to pick one up for me. Thanks.

yeldarb367 08-12-06 09:57 AM

Will we be able to buy multiple sets at once and have the coupon applied to all of them?

KatSagirl 08-12-06 10:42 AM

thanks! i can return the one i bought a month ago for my bf. :) i paid 57 bucks. lol

-Kat

Classic Films 08-12-06 11:03 AM

Currently at Costco I saw the 2 disc The Wild Bunch and 2 disc Par Garrett and Billy the Kid for $9.99 each. Also season sets of Buffy, Angel, and Rosewall for $25 each.
And Fox's Clark Gable (out early) and Jane Mansfield box sets for $30 each which is the same as Amazon currently.