Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '06

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '06

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated everything.
Old 08-05-06, 03:19 PM

i know this has probably been said alreadt but the Full Metal Panic movie has it ben realesed with a english dub?
Old 08-05-06, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
I personally would just walk to one of the computers (not the employee one - it will have a screensaver saying so) by the DVD section. Then I will click on the lower left corner (BestBuy.com). And the rest would be the same as you do at home (place items in cart, checkout, enter shipping/billing address info., and credit card info.). The last thing I would do is to print out the order. There are printers under each of these computer kiosks. I don't see why your local store won't let you do it! And also the employees don't really do your orders since you're placing the orders yourself on BestBuy.com, but with the store prices!
Does it show the clearence price right at the begining or does it show later in the check out? I definatly want the excel saga set and maybe madlax.
Old 08-05-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by docman
i know this has probably been said alreadt but the Full Metal Panic movie has it ben realesed with a english dub?
I'm not aware of a Full Metal Panic movie. There's a 24 episode first season, a 12 episode spin-off called Fumoffu and a second season, aptly named Second Raid, that doesn't come out until October. Maybe you're thinking of the Shamballa movie for Fullmetal Alchemist that comes out in September. That does include an English dub. All of the Full Metal Panic franchise includes an awesome English dub featuring Luci Christian and Chris Patton in the lead roles.
Old 08-05-06, 05:36 PM

i apologise for my clumsyness i meant full metal alchemist. i'm so stupid sometimes. would you by any chance know an exact date during sptember i have recently watched the series and found it enjoyable.
Old 08-05-06, 05:41 PM
Cool New Member

Like I said yesterday, I found I would do it again and it did work. Thanks WTK. I did not walk to an employee computer, but one of the computers used for looking stuff up. An employee did come over to help and thought what I was doin was slick. He was an anime fan so it was all good..
Thanks again for your help

Now its time to cross Excel Saga off the list of anime i want...
Old 08-05-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kipz
Does it show the clearence price right at the begining or does it show later in the check out? I definatly want the excel saga set and maybe madlax.
It shows the $17.99 price right from the get-go. I just got back from BB and it could not have gone smoother. They had the new prices listed on the box. A friendly employee[although he did push a netflix flyer on me] asked me if I needed a basket when he saw that I had a number of DVDs in my hands. I asked him about ordering something that they didn't have in stock and he took me over to the kiosk. Three minutes later and I have the Imperfect Collection coming to my house for $20.97. I then looked up a few other prices on the computer and here's a list of what I found-

Elfen Lied 1 with artbox for $10.99
Chrono Crusade Thinpak for $34.99[the regular BB online price is $57.99]
SuperGALS! Thinpak for $14.99

I picked up the Aquarian Age thinpak for $10.99[actually $5.99 because I used a RZ gift certificate]. I also got Kaleido Star New Wings 1, Madlax 6, Gilgamesh 3 and Macross 1 for $7.99 each.

These sets were still full price-Gantz Seasons 1&2, Angelic Layer, Noir and Rahxephon. They didn't have the Evangelion thinpak listed in their computer. Once again, a huge thanks to WTK for pointing out the kiosk deal.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 08-05-06 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-05-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by docman
i apologise for my clumsyness i meant full metal alchemist. i'm so stupid sometimes. would you by any chance know an exact date during sptember i have recently watched the series and found it enjoyable.
Amazon has it listed as coming out on November 14. However, Rightstuf has it listed as September 26. I would be more inclined to trust RS. Amazon has a good deal on the limited edition at $24.99. Here's the Amazon link-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 08-05-06, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to thank WTK for the info. I picked up
Excel Saga: Imperfect Collection - $17.99
Kaleido Star: Amazing Collection - $14.99
Yu Yu Hakusho 2: Dark Tournament - $19.99
Yu Yu Hakusho 1-6: Dark Tournament - $19.99

Again a huge thanks.
Old 08-05-06, 08:23 PM

The new shipment at Big Lots isn't just the same stuff Dollar General got, yeah theres some overlap in titles, but They had alot more than I've seen at any other big lots or even at the store I found these at. I picked up

Kaze no Yojimbo Vols 1-4
Stratos 4 Vol 1 and OVA (anyoned seen vol 3 cheap?)
Galaxy Angel Z Vol 1 and 2
and Zentrix Vol 2 (3 disk set)

Whats odd was the Zentrix was the only thing they had another of. I couldn't believe it when every disk i pulled out was a different volume
Old 08-05-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lemdog
I would like to thank WTK for the info. I picked up

Kaleido Star: Amazing Collection - $14.99
Kaleido Star is a great show. You might want to pick up Kaleido Star:New Wings Volume 1 for $7.99. It's the first disc of the second season and it contains a generous[by anime standards] five episodes. ADV is still releasing the individual titles of this season, so it will probably be at least a year before they put out a complete set.
Old 08-05-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Now that it is well-established that these in-store prices on the Best Buy website are better than from-home prices, the next question is -- Does anyone have an idea of how to access the in-store version of the website from home? Perhaps a slightly different URL that it automatically redirects the instore web-browsers to that we might manually type in from out here?
Old 08-05-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Now that would be SWEET! Paging WTK.
Old 08-05-06, 09:12 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Kaleido Star is a great show. You might want to pick up Kaleido Star:New Wings Volume 1 for $7.99. It's the first disc of the second season and it contains a generous[by anime standards] five episodes. ADV is still releasing the individual titles of this season, so it will probably be at least a year before they put out a complete set.
I really enjoyed Kaleido Star and gave it "Highly Recommended" ratings in my reviews, but I thought New Wings was horrid. Not worth the $8 IMO. Just wanted to warn fans of the original series.
Old 08-05-06, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Now that it is well-established that these in-store prices on the Best Buy website are better than from-home prices, the next question is -- Does anyone have an idea of how to access the in-store version of the website from home? Perhaps a slightly different URL that it automatically redirects the instore web-browsers to that we might manually type in from out here?
That would be freakin' awesome.

Although I'd rather BB just have the titles I want at their store; shipping plus tax makes me sad...
Old 08-05-06, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ndolger
That would be freakin' awesome.

Although I'd rather BB just have the titles I want at their store; shipping plus tax makes me sad...
The one good thing about mail order is that the condition of the box set is generally better than that of the in-store set. The last couple of artboxes that I received from bestbuy.com was in perfect shape. The majority of the artboxes on the store shelves looks like it was put through the ringer.
Old 08-05-06, 10:32 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
^

Now that would be SWEET! Paging WTK.
Sorry, that would be beyond my powers!

I'm not aware of a Full Metal Panic movie. There's a 24 episode first season, a 12 episode spin-off called Fumoffu and a second season, aptly named Second Raid, that doesn't come out until October. Maybe you're thinking of the Shamballa movie for Fullmetal Alchemist that comes out in September. That does include an English dub. All of the Full Metal Panic franchise includes an awesome English dub featuring Luci Christian and Chris Patton in the lead roles.
There is also a Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (OVA) (30 minutes) that is pretty much devoted just to Tessa. However I don't believe this have been licensed though!

And speaking of FullMetal Alchemist there are also OVAs for them as well. The OVAs were just really 4 short episodes including the special movie shown at Universal Studio Japan. Some of the unanswered questions left from the TV series and the movie were answered from these OVAs.
Old 08-05-06, 10:55 PM
Cool New Member

Ill see if I can stop by in Best Buy tomorrow for specifically the FMP DVD's to finish off my collection
Old 08-05-06, 11:14 PM
WTK

Post #3 is updated! Upcoming Releases of Interests are updated! Newly acquired & licensed animes are updated!

ADV: 1st volume of The Guyver is coming out Nov. 14th. Geneon: 1st volume of Ergo Proxy is coming out Nov. 21st, 1st volume of Fate/Stay is delayed until December, and 1st volume of Paradise Kiss is coming out Dec. 19th.

FUNimation has licensed School Rumble, School Rumble (OVA), and School Rumble – 2nd Term. This series is slated to be released sometime next year. I just didn’t see this move coming at all! This is one of my favorite anime series and very happy to see that it's finally coming to the U.S.
Old 08-06-06, 09:18 AM
Defunct Account

Hey WTK,

I appreciate your listings of new releases and aquired titles, but I think that info would be more appropriate in the Official ANIME Discussion Thread since they really aren't bargains. If you placed them there, it might also spark conversations over which titles are worth picking up etc, that people may be hesitant to start in a bargains thread.

What does everyone else think?
Old 08-06-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated, however... There is a price discrepancy. Is Madlax Vol. 6 $6.99 (as WTK's post indicates) or $7.99 (as SBJ's post indicates)? Please let me know.

Also, I think it's okay if WTK keeps posting updates since we were able to finally collaborate. I know the bargainers find it helpful. If we are unable to collaborate in the future, I will not be able to keep up with all those updates, but as long as he snipes the third post, it's all good.
Old 08-06-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Updated, however... There is a price discrepancy. Is Madlax Vol. 6 $6.99 (as WTK's post indicates) or $7.99 (as SBJ's post indicates)? Please let me know.
It's definitely $7.99 at the Danbury, CT location. I'm about to head over to the Orange, CT location and I'll check and report back. The price may differ slightly from store to store like it does at Costco.
Old 08-06-06, 01:46 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin

Also, I think it's okay if WTK keeps posting updates since we were able to finally collaborate. I know the bargainers find it helpful. If we are unable to collaborate in the future, I will not be able to keep up with all those updates, but as long as he snipes the third post, it's all good.
I can confirm, regardless of whether the box is restickied or not, it rings at $6.99 in Houston. So even if it's still stickied for 20-some dollars, if the prices are nationally set, it's 6.99.
Old 08-06-06, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I went into my local BB and ordered from their web kiosk- Kaleido Star, Mezzo and Excel Saga shipped for ~$56. Unfortunately they didn't have them in stock, or I would have saved $6 on shipping. Crazy prices though.

The Nuku Nuku set that's going for $12.99 is Part 2 of the TV collection or I would have ordered that as well.

Now that this method has been posted here, let's see how long it lasts. Usually not long...
Old 08-06-06, 02:13 PM
WTK

Here are a couple more Best Buy deals (B&M):

- .hack//Sign: Vol.1: $6.99
- Area 88: Vol.1: $6.99, Vol.2 & 3: $7.99
- Chrono Crusade: Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: $6.99 each
- DNAngel: Vol.1, 2, 3, 4,5: $6.99 each; Vol. 6 & 7: $7.99 each
- Gantz: Vol.7+Box: $6.99 (not $11.99)
- Gravion: Vol.1 & 3: $6.99 each
- Devil Lady: Complete Collection (6-Disc): $9.99
- Hakugei Vol.1: $7.99
- Maburaho: Vol.1+Box & 1: $6.99 each
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (Platinum): V.2, 3, 5: $6.99 each
- Saint Seiya Collection 1 (5-Disc): $14.99
- Saiyuki Double Barrel Collection: Vol.1, 2, 4: $6.99 each
- Samurai X: OVA Collecton (3-Disc): $14.99
- Wild Arms: Complete Collection (5-Disc): $10.99

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.