Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Feel the Heat - Acapulco H.E.A.T. S1 @ BB for $16.99

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feel the Heat - Acapulco H.E.A.T. S1 @ BB for $16.99

Acapulco H.E.A.T. (1993) Season 1 is available for $16.99 at BestBuy.com ($1.79 shipping-thanks) or B & M.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....uct&id=1547274

It is $26.99 at Amazon.

Last edited by thebzent; 07-06-06 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-06-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shipping is $1.79 - Never seen the show. Is it any good?
Old 07-06-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, I remember that show. Lots of hot chicks.
Old 07-06-06, 10:37 PM
Cool New Member

It's basically a decent, mindless syndicated action show with hot babes......its DEFINITELY worth that price
Old 07-06-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Somehow this totally slipped by my radar. I never saw the so-called 2nd season where I think they dumped everyone but Alyson Armitage and Michael Worth. Brendan Kelly only seems to get stupid bit parts nowadays as a bad guy in The Rock or Cellular.

The real question to me is what is the quality of the transfers? I've never heard of this "Digital 1 Stop" or "Mill Creek Entertainment" studio that released this set. As usual (I hate to be a cynic but I can't help it) there are no reviews on any DVD sites yet (I went through several pages on Google), and given that this is a low popularity title I expect it'll be weeks or months before any DVD reviews show up. I can't buy this until I know they did a decent job on this set and not a GoodTimes/Madacy type transfer instead.

Has anyone here bought this set and watched it who could comment on video and audio quality and that the episodes are uncut (not like The Cosby Show S1)? What type of audio does it have? Neither DDD nor Amazon bothers to list the format, but I'd guess 2.0 because this studio I've never heard of probably wouldn't spring for 5.1 mixes.

DDD has this for $16.32 right now. The question is will it stay at this price long enough for me to find out if this set is any good.
Old 07-07-06, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
The real question to me is what is the quality of the transfers? I've never heard of this "Digital 1 Stop" or "Mill Creek Entertainment" studio that released this set.
Mill Creek has put together the many inexpensive "50 movie pack" sets of PD pictures. I've purchased two of them at $16.xx from DDD ("Dark Crimes" & "Mystery Classics") and you get your money's worth but that's it. I know nothing of "Acupulco Heat".

http://www.millcreekent.com/?source=filmmakers.com
Old 07-07-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember it. Terrible, but filled with eye candy.
Old 07-09-06, 08:42 PM
Cool New Member

I've watched a few episodes of the show and the transfers are average full frame transfers, not bad for an obviously low budget show from 13 years ago, but nothing special. The sound is 2.0 and not 5.1, it's also average but nothing special. If you enjoyed the show, or just want some eye candy, its worth the 16.99 to buy.

Love the theme song too

Last edited by Gregg Araki Fan; 07-09-06 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Gregg Araki Fan
I've watched a few episodes of the show and the transfers are average full frame transfers, not bad for an obviously low budget show from 13 years ago, but nothing special. The sound is 2.0 and not 5.1, it's also average but nothing special. If you enjoyed the show, or just want some eye candy, its worth the 16.99 to buy.
Thanks for posting. It sounds like the transfer quality is tolerable. What do you consider an average transfer? For instance, I thought the first season of Three's Company was a little disappointing, but it was watchable so hopefully this isn't any worse. This series is not high on my priority list, so I'll wait for it to become cheaper.

Last edited by Manzana; 07-10-06 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-11-06, 10:40 PM
Cool New Member

An average transfer to me just means that it is not distractingly awful like some transfers.......it looked a little soft but wasnt full of dirt or imperfections......I didnt notice the transfer much at all either way (good or bad)

Last edited by Gregg Araki Fan; 07-11-06 at 10:44 PM.