Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) SIMPSONS MARGE HEAD @ OVERSTOCK for $29.79

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(DEAD) SIMPSONS MARGE HEAD @ OVERSTOCK for $29.79

a rare find these days since it seems very OOP and hard to locate....
the site said "only 10 available" when i ordered this morning
used a 10% off coupon (which worked great) even though i had ALL media items in my cart!
Old 06-18-06, 07:02 AM

here's da link

down to 5 left in stock!!!!!
going, going....

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....cid=60488&fp=F
Old 06-18-06, 07:41 AM

I've seen several posts about this being rare, OOP, etc. in the last couple of weeks and have since seen it on sale in about 4 different stores.
Old 06-18-06, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by IamHydrogen1
I've seen several posts about this being rare, OOP, etc. in the last couple of weeks and have since seen it on sale in about 4 different stores.
cool, why don't you post where and for how much if you don't think it's OOP.
there are a lot of people looking for this that missed it at the DDD 20% off sale before their stock sold out (DDD Dave also said it is no longer available to them).
even the vendors listed as having it in stock at dvdpricesearch.com do not when you click through to their site.
10% off $29.79 isn't too shabby either.
so where did you say you saw the marge heads ON SALE for and for how much?

Last edited by elektrohog; 06-18-06 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-18-06, 10:36 AM

gone!
Old 06-18-06, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by elektrohog
down to 5 left in stock!!!!!
going, going....

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....cid=60488&fp=F
Does anyone else have 1,159,395 items in their cart when you click that link?
Old 06-18-06, 07:16 PM

I hated the Homer head when it first came out but didn't bother with the freebie sleeve offer. I then grew to like it but can't find a Marge head anywhere , so it's interesting to know I'm not the only one.
Old 06-19-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Target just had the Season 7 set on sale for $24.99 I went to several BB stores looking for the Marge head and couldn't find it. I eventually settled for the regular box, rather than miss the sale...
Old 06-19-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
Originally Posted by tannersarms
I hated the Homer head when it first came out but didn't bother with the freebie sleeve offer. I then grew to like it but can't find a Marge head anywhere , so it's interesting to know I'm not the only one.
Ditto . . . the Homer head was all over the place so I didn't run out and get the Marge one. Like you it has kind of grown on me thouugh, and now I'm saying D'OH! (The next one is Lisa if I recall correctly!)
Old 06-19-06, 11:44 PM

Gang,
I'm wanting to get the Simpson's sets for cheap. With the exception of the DDD sale, what are the best deals you've seen? I don't have a single set and will probably wait till like a Black Friday sale or something..but for the fans..What's the best deal you've seen on them? Has BB ever had a buy one get one free or something like that?
Old 06-19-06, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by petroc
Gang,
I'm wanting to get the Simpson's sets for cheap. With the exception of the DDD sale, what are the best deals you've seen? I don't have a single set and will probably wait till like a Black Friday sale or something..but for the fans..What's the best deal you've seen on them? Has BB ever had a buy one get one free or something like that?
well you can get hte Simpsons sets in the Sale that is going on at BN...I beleive its a 2-1 deal Buy 2 get one Free......I know they are a little mroe expensive then other places but the fre shipping for me is a good deal AND I uaually get it the same week.
Old 06-20-06, 07:57 AM

Gang,

You're clearly a man of patience, so I would say wait until Season 8 is released in August (I think, maybe July) and there'll be a whole round of special offers on prior seasons, Coconuts usually will have a $10 rebate on each set
Old 06-20-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's what I'm planning to do. Hopefully you are right about the sales offers on prior seasons.
Old 06-20-06, 11:11 AM

Gang,
tannersarms is right.
usually right before a new season is released, there are specials. when simpsons season 6 was being released, overstock had seasons 1-5 bundled together for $110! we used a coupon for 10% off and got seasons 1-5 for $19.80 a piece.
Old 06-20-06, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When season 8 is released in August there will be specials going on previous sets. That will be the time to get them.
Old 06-20-06, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Less than two weeks ago I was in Sams Club and they had all 7 seasons of The Simpsons for $17 and change. I picked up season 7.
Old 06-21-06, 07:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up. $17-$20 is what I'd like to pay for the sets. Because I'm a competist and I'll probably end up buying all the sets.

Last edited by petroc; 06-21-06 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-21-06, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Ditto . . . the Homer head was all over the place so I didn't run out and get the Marge one. Like you it has kind of grown on me thouugh, and now I'm saying D'OH! (The next one is Lisa if I recall correctly!)
Maggie I think
Old 06-23-06, 07:44 PM

got my marge head today...in great shape.
i've ordered a lot from overstock (probably 30 times in the last 3 years) and this package got to me in 4 days, which for overstock is amazing!
Old 06-23-06, 08:48 PM

Got mine also today, packed in their stupid 2 pieces of cardboard. Arrived in ok condition, but for a DVD boxset, why can't they put it in a damn box?
Old 06-23-06, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Got mine also today, packed in their stupid 2 pieces of cardboard. Arrived in ok condition, but for a DVD boxset, why can't they put it in a damn box?
same way here too. i hate this packaging but obviously it's all part of the no-frills "kick it out" mentality. we go thru overstock's cd blow-outs and get 20+ cds for $.25 a piece (turn some of them around on ebay for a lot more!!!)...and they insist on that awful packaging, except it quite often is plastic and not stiff cardboard like marge.
i ordered the STRANGERS WITH CANDY box set at the same time as marge ($40 minus 10%) and i hope that trapper keeper comes packaged better. it's already on it's way seperately.