Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toogood
I was just wondering, did anybody get a shipping confirmation from animeigo for their order? The website didn't have any type of order tracking info.
I placed my order June 3 and received it yesterday (June 12). It was shipped media mail. All they sent was an order confirmation, but I had no concerns that I wouldn't receive it. If you're worried about your order, then you might want to shoot them an email.

On a related note, my DDD order from June 9 was also delivered yesterday. I selected free shipping, but it was apparently upgraded to ship UPS. It was probably the shortest amount of time that I've had to wait for any DDD order.

EDIT: I do live in a neigboring state, which may account for the rapid delivery time.

SECOND EDIT: \/\/\/ What? They normally ship my orders USPS media mail when I select free shipping. Did they recently ditch USPS or something?

Last edited by nezumi; 06-13-06 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-13-06, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by nezumi
I selected free shipping, but it was apparently upgraded to ship UPS.
Old 06-13-06, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I got my Haibane Renmei box set from DDD today and the box was crushed. The other weird thing is that the box was the plain brown one that came with volume 1, not the box that has the nice artwork. Needless to say, I'm returning it for a new copy.

JBM, please let me know which artbox you receive from DDD. I'm curious if you get the same plain brown box that I did(I definitely prefer the other box with the angels on the cover). Thanks.
Old 06-13-06, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Well I got my Haibane Renmei box set from DDD today and the box was crushed. The other weird thing is that the box was the plain brown one that came with volume 1, not the box that has the nice artwork. Needless to say, I'm returning it for a new copy.

JBM, please let me know which artbox you receive from DDD. I'm curious if you get the same plain brown box that I did(I definitely prefer the other box with the angels on the cover). Thanks.
Hmm, curious. I will definitely let you know as soon as my order comes in. I'm hoping for the newer box as well. Sorry to hear that it was crushed!

I think the only time I got a crushed box from DDD was when with my second order ever for the Berserk Box of War + Vol. 1. I sent that puppy back because that's one of the coolest art boxes out there, by far.

I'm not sure when my orders will be coming in, but probably not for a while. I'll post back here when they do!

We might be getting a lower price on the Divergence Eve - Complete Collection if Dave is able to match DVDPacific's price. I'd probably order it then because I have a lot more experience with DDD. Okay, that's all!
Old 06-13-06, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on it to see if they adjust it. They seem to be doing an awful lot of price matching this time around.
Old 06-13-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Hmm, curious. I will definitely let you know as soon as my order comes in. I'm hoping for the newer box as well. Sorry to hear that it was crushed!

I think the only time I got a crushed box from DDD was when with my second order ever for the Berserk Box of War + Vol. 1. I sent that puppy back because that's one of the coolest art boxes out there, by far.

I'm not sure when my orders will be coming in, but probably not for a while. I'll post back here when they do!

We might be getting a lower price on the Divergence Eve - Complete Collection if Dave is able to match DVDPacific's price. I'd probably order it then because I have a lot more experience with DDD. Okay, that's all!
I have formulated a theory about the different Haibane artboxes. Geneon released volume 1 with the plain brown box and then released the rest of the series. They then released a box set of all 4 volumes with a list price of $120. I believe that this box set release used the same brown artbox as the initial release of volume 1. Geneon then released another box set this past fall with a reduced list price of $80. I believe that this new release has the nicer artbox. It doesn't really matter since I have to return it anyway. BTW, I'll keep a watch on Divergence Eve at DDD. Thanks for the heads-up on that one.
Old 06-13-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have formulated a theory about the different Haibane artboxes. Geneon released volume 1 with the plain brown box and then released the rest of the series. They then released a box set of all 4 volumes with a list price of $120. I believe that this box set release used the same brown artbox as the initial release of volume 1. Geneon then released another box set this past fall with a reduced list price of $80. I believe that this new release has the nicer artbox. It doesn't really matter since I have to return it anyway. BTW, I'll keep a watch on Divergence Eve at DDD. Thanks for the heads-up on that one.
Hmm, maybe so! So it's pretty much a toss up. I think you're right, though. We'll see. As long as my box is crushed, I'll take it.
Old 06-14-06, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Some dude over at AOD posted that Suncoast is now running a Geneon BOGO. What's going on with Geneon anyway? It seems like they are trying to dump their titles-FYE had a BOGO, DVD Planet and DDD were selling them for 45% to 48% off and now Suncoast is hopping onboard the half off train.
Old 06-14-06, 01:42 AM

Some dude over at AOD posted that Suncoast is now running a Geneon BOGO. What's going on with Geneon anyway? It seems like they are trying to dump their titles-FYE had a BOGO, DVD Planet and DDD were selling them for 45% to 48% off and now Suncoast is hopping onboard the half off train.
I was thinking of picking up the 6 disc Girls Bravo series. Does anybody have any input on that show? I've read the reviews on animeondvd.com, but am still not convince.
Old 06-14-06, 02:48 AM
Cool New Member

i may pick up argentosoma from DDD, the price is right at 48 after discount
Old 06-14-06, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, updated!

Originally Posted by Kuma79
I think they're releasing this as an Anime Legends Collection if you're interested, which will mean that it'll be even cheaper in the near future.
Old 06-14-06, 09:39 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Argentosoma Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - August 22, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69942/4/0/0: $37.49

Future Anime Legend Releases
.Hack//Sign Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - August 22, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69941/4/0/0: $37.49

Banner of the Stars II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - June 27, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69448/4/0/0: $29.99
http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/cl...nd&isort=score : $24.19

G-Gundam DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) - Anime Legends
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69447/4/0/0: $37.49
http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/cl...nd&isort=score : $30.24

Infinite Ryvius DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - September 12, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/70559/4/0/0: $37.49

Jubei-Chan DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - September 12, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/70560/4/0/0: $29.99

Love Hina DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - Anime Legends
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69449/4/0/0: $59.99
http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/cl...d&isort=score: $48.39

Wolf's Rain DVD Complete Collection 1 (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - July 25, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69819/4/0/0: $29.99
http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/cl...d&isort=score: $30.24, Date Available: 7/11/06 ???

Wolf's Rain DVD Complete Collection 2 (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - September 26, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/70556/4/0/0: $29.99
Old 06-14-06, 09:55 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WTK
Wolf's Rain DVD Complete Collection 1 (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - July 25, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69819/4/0/0: $29.99
http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/cl...d&isort=score: $30.24, Date Available: 7/11/06 ???

Wolf's Rain DVD Complete Collection 2 (Hyb) - Anime Legends
Date Available - September 26, 2006
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/70556/4/0/0: $29.99
I can't wait for Wolf's Rain but I'm wondering what's the point of 2 collections?
Old 06-14-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
I can't wait for Wolf's Rain but I'm wondering what's the point of 2 collections?
Oh no! I didn't realize Wolf's Rain was being split up into two separate releases. That makes it much less of a deal for me since I already own 4/7 volumes. Geez, I guess I might as well just fill out my collection... I was going to pick up the Anime Legends set instead of doing that for convenience, space, and price, but now... That really bums me out!
Old 06-14-06, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
So they can charge twice as much?
Old 06-14-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It appears that Bandai got greedy. The Wolf's Rain release in July was supposed to be the complete series, like they did with Escaflowne. Now it would appear that they are releasing the series into 3 seperate releases like they did with S-cry-ed. According to AOD, collection #1 has a running time of 285 minutes. Collection #2 has a running time of 300 minutes. That's just 585 minutes and the show has a complete running time of 750 minutes. There's a missing 165 minutes. If this info is accurate, the only way to release this show in just two volumes is by dropping all of the recap episodes(not quite a complete collection, don't you think?). Like JBM, I have two volumes of the show and was going to pick up the Anime Legends version to save $$$. I think that I'll pick up the 4 volumes that I need through DDD and Bandai can stick the volume 4 Recollections disc up their ass.
Old 06-14-06, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, I am not picking up Volume 4 as much as it pains me to have a missing volume. Ugh. I truly thought that the Anime Legends set would encompass the entire series! This is a major disappointment. I have zero incentive to buy it now. Well, thanks for the heads up on that. I may as well pick up the missing volumes in my collection as well. BUMMER!
Old 06-14-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
For argentosoma, it's also available at Fry's for 7 bucks a volume... the local SoCal Frys seem to have every volume available. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend the series, as it's been boring me to tears, even though I'm only halfway through.
Old 06-14-06, 12:50 PM

Great deal on Classic anime: Kimba the White Lion (Ultra Ed).

The complete series is available at DDD for $56.64 using the 20% off sale! (For comparison, it's $116.99 at Amazon!)

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WID002012
Old 06-14-06, 02:26 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by fujishig
For argentosoma, it's also available at Fry's for 7 bucks a volume... the local SoCal Frys seem to have every volume available. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend the series, as it's been boring me to tears, even though I'm only halfway through.
I liked the series, and at 7 bucks i would pick up all the volumes in an instant if, A. I had a frys near me and B. there was an artbox with volume 1
Old 06-14-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
I liked the series, and at 7 bucks i would pick up all the volumes in an instant if, A. I had a frys near me and B. there was an artbox with volume 1
Well, the artbox is perhaps one of the worst ones ever... very, very flimsy, and pretty much all black and white. Not too much of a loss, really. I remember getting volume 1 + artbox and volume 2 really cheaply at Buyrite.com... otherwise, i doubt I would have picked up the series, even at 7 bucks a pop.
Old 06-14-06, 04:00 PM

Great deal on Classic anime: Kimba the White Lion (Ultra Ed).
The complete series is available at DDD for $56.64 using the 20% off sale! (For comparison, it's $116.99 at Amazon!)

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=WID002012
I'm actually wrapping up a review of this set as I type this. Truly a great find! At this price (just a little over a dollar an episode) it can't be beaten. And this is probably the best-looking Kimba set you're likely going to find any time soon.

Also, RightStuf's Astro Boy Ultra collection 1 is another great deal (which I actually picked up for myself).

Best,

-B
Old 06-14-06, 04:10 PM

I was wondering if anyone can recommend the thinpak for Peacemaker. I keep going back and forth on it and even after reading the reviews over at AOD for the individual discs, they gave most of them a B or B+ for content, I still can't decide.

Here's some of my favorite series if it helps:

Samurai Champloo
Scrapped Princess
Fullmetal Alchemist
Chrono Crusade
Gankutsuou
Kyo Kara Maoh
Old 06-14-06, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

SBJ: I received all of my orders today except for the one I placed last night (duh) -- The Haibane set came in the pretty art box rather than the bland brown one. I was surprised, and happily surprised at that. However, this was the only item in my order with a floater (D'OH). I played the disc (Vol. 3), and it seemed to play fine, but it pained me to do so since I haven't seen any of the series prior to this! Vol. 4, while not a floater, also had two scratches on it... I can't bring myself to watch it. I think (HOPE) it will be okay. I'll try to watch it ASAP. Good luck with your exchanged set!
Old 06-14-06, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
SBJ: I received all of my orders today except for the one I placed last night (duh) -- The Haibane set came in the pretty art box rather than the bland brown one. I was surprised, and happily surprised at that. However, this was the only item in my order with a floater (D'OH). I played the disc (Vol. 3), and it seemed to play fine, but it pained me to do so since I haven't seen any of the series prior to this! Vol. 4, while not a floater, also had two scratches on it... I can't bring myself to watch it. I think (HOPE) it will be okay. I'll try to watch it ASAP. Good luck with your exchanged set!
Thanks for the update. I think that I'll request the nicer box when I contact DDD. In other news, I was at my local FYE today and they were still running the Geneon BOGO. They had Elemental Gelade Volume 1 and Kamichu Volume 1 on sale for $22.99 each. I was able to scoop both up for $22.99 plus tax. I also was able to locate a copy of Wolf's Rain Volume 7 at BB for $11.99. Now I just need to get volumes 1, 5 and 6.

EDIT: I just noticed that DDD is again out of stock on the Haibane set. I might pull a slimy move and buy it at my local Borders and do the old switcheroo.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 06-14-06 at 09:50 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.