Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it's not out of the ordinary for DDD's media mail shipping to arrive after two weeks time, so I would wait a little longer. I'm sure they've been swamped...

My more recent orders are taking a lot longer to get here, but they've been arriving one by one. I think the most important part is that they arrive at all.
Old 06-27-06, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If my order did get bumped up to DHL, would I have to be at home for it to arrive and sign off on it? I still haven't received my s-cry-ed set and i ordered the minute they were up.
Old 06-27-06, 07:04 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by hiccup
If my order did get bumped up to DHL, would I have to be at home for it to arrive and sign off on it? I still haven't received my s-cry-ed set and i ordered the minute they were up.
wish i could answer that one. I've never actually received anything DHL before....
Old 06-27-06, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Well, it's not out of the ordinary for DDD's media mail shipping to arrive after two weeks time, so I would wait a little longer. I'm sure they've been swamped...

My more recent orders are taking a lot longer to get here, but they've been arriving one by one. I think the most important part is that they arrive at all.
Yeah your right (i'm just really impatient heh) Yeah i put a other order in for 3-5 days.. and it's been longer then that (guess they just been really busy) as long as the stuff i brought comes i'll be happy heh
Old 06-27-06, 07:27 PM

Well i know UPS just leaves it at your door step if you aren't home (i don't know what DHL does, but maybe they do the same thing)
Old 06-27-06, 07:27 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by LostAndNotFound
Well i know UPS just leaves it at your door step if you aren't home (i don't know what DHL does, but maybe they do the same thing)
Yeah, that ticks me off. I live in a townhouse complex with about 45 other units. UPS left my $400 DDD order out in the open (while it was raining too i might add!). fortunately everything was kosher and it was still there when i got home from work
Old 06-27-06, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
Yeah, that ticks me off. I live in a townhouse complex with about 45 other units. UPS left my $400 DDD order out in the open (while it was raining too i might add!). fortunately everything was kosher and it was still there when i got home from work
Haha i hate when they do that (I remember one time they left my order in the drive way.. MY DRIVE-WAY haha..) Yeah i don't care as long as nobody took it and as long as everything works (and in my case, everything gets to my doorstep)
Old 06-27-06, 09:09 PM

Added Pilot Candidate Vol. 3 - G-Gundam Vol. 8 was already listed, but thanks anyway!
That's what I get for posting late at night after next to no sleep the night before. I swear I read through the list twice and didn't see it, but everything was a blur, really. Good thing I've got vacation time coming up starting Friday. In other good news, the first day of my vacation will probably be spent putting together my new computer stuff I ordered from Newegg last night. $660 worth of stuff after rebates, but hopefully I'll be set for the next couple of years at least.

I also placed another order with BuyRite, where I managed to get the Geneshaft Complete Collection (they must have found a couple more) and the Please Teacher Collection (which has since gone up to $39.99). Also, after going to the Right Stuf item removal link provided by WTK, I didn't see the Azumanga Daioh box on the list. I checked and saw 1 in stock and managed to snag it along with some other stuff to get free shipping. I've really got to take a break from buying stuff, but these deals are too good to pass up. This month's thread is now bigger than the rest of this year's threads put together. Thanks from me (but not my wallet) to everyone for posting the deals and to justbarelymovin for maintaining the thread.
Old 06-27-06, 09:51 PM
Cool New Member

In my experience, DHL does not just leave the package like UPS does, but rather they leave a note saying that they have been there, and you have to sign it to say that you want them to leave it if no one is home. Then just leave it on your door and they'll leave the package when they come around the following day. That may or may not happen for you.
Old 06-27-06, 09:55 PM

Thanks for some of the info guys. Yaeh, I hope that DHL is at least like UPS and leaves the item at my door as I have a little awning/cover there, but we're still expecting rain so I just hope that I am home..

Thanks for the post on the Azumanga box Skydog. I just noticed it as well, but it says sold out. I do hope that they get more in, or at least a few and I manage to snag it. If you guys see it, be sure to send me a PM perhaps please.
Old 06-27-06, 10:40 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
FOR THOSE WHO LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA

Anime Expo® and FUNimation® Entertainment are pleased to announce that the U.S. premiere of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie – Conqueror of Shamballa will be held at Anime Expo in the Main Events Hall in the Anahiem Convention Center on Monday, July 3rd from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. The event will be hosted by Anime Expo 2006 official Guests of Honor Japanese Movie Director Seiji Mizushima, Japanese Voice Actor for Edward Elric Romi Paku, U.S. Voice Actor for Edward Elric Vic Mignogna, FUNimation Guest U.S. English Dub Director Mike McFarland and Special Guest Masahiko Minami, President of Studio Bones. Following the movie, a question and answer session with the audience will be held. Source.
Old 06-27-06, 10:55 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Originally Posted by Ndolger
Yeah, me either. The only series I've hated was Jubei-chan, but only seeing vol 4, it's a little presumptious to pass judgement. Perhaps Arjuna as well just because of all the sappy environment crap. It'll have to be very, very bad to make me not like it.
Divergence Eve is just hard to take seriously (and they're trying to play it that way) when all the female characters have tits larger than their heads. I'm into the fifth episode and it really is no better than it was in the first- the same old monster/robot bs. It's almost completely incomprehensible, and not very entertaining to boot. Every time the female characters have something to say they just pan up and down like a peep show. It's almost embarassing, and more than a little creepy.

A little too much fan service for my tastes.

Last edited by Eric F; 06-27-06 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-27-06, 11:27 PM

Blue Gender: Complete Collection from Overstock

Looks like I missed it on Overstock. Put my email in case they ever restock. But is this the individual 8 DVD set with an art box? Or that compact DVD case that can hold all 8 DVDs?
Thanks
Old 06-28-06, 12:16 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by johnsun
Looks like I missed it on Overstock. Put my email in case they ever restock. But is this the individual 8 DVD set with an art box? Or that compact DVD case that can hold all 8 DVDs?
Thanks
The one listed in Overstock.com should be the 8-DVD Collection, released in 2003 in a Collector's Box. The DVDs should be in keep cases. The newer release (released in 2005) should be the 9-DVD Collection which is available @ DDD for $36.29. I'm not too certain if this version is in keep cases as well.

Last edited by WTK; 06-28-06 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-28-06, 03:35 AM
Cool New Member

I had two floaters (one in s-Cry-ed and one in Outlaw Star), but they were both surprisingly free of scratches. The only kinda bummer about my order was I didn't realize two large slits going across my Outlaw Star box spine. It's not a huge deal and certainly not worth sending back. As long as the discs are okay, I can't complain too much. I was expecting something worse, so I'm pretty satisfied!
I had two floaters in my Ryvius box, 5 got scratched up pretty bad, i may have to return it
Old 06-28-06, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
The one listed in Overstock.com should be the 8-DVD Collection, released in 2003 in a Collector's Box. The DVDs should be in keep cases. The newer release (released in 2005) should be the 9-DVD Collection which is available @ DDD for $36.29. I'm not too certain if this version is in keep cases as well.
The newer version comes in what would best be described as a book shaped package. There's a plastic clip on the side that locks all of the "pages" together and once it's open you can flip through the pages easily. It's only about a couple of inches thick, too, thinner than a thinpak would be. Pretty nifty design, IMO.
Old 06-28-06, 09:21 AM
WTK

Recently Added Items on RightStuf's Bargin Bin
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS!
WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

Chrono Crusade (Hyb):
Vol. 1+Box - $9.99, Vol. 1 - $7.99, Vol. 2 - $7.99, Vol. 3 - $7.99, Vol. 4 - $7.99, Vol. 5 - $7.99, Vol. 6 - $7.99, Vol. 7 - $7.99

Cromartie High School (Hyb):
Vol. 1+Artbox+Manga - $11.99, Vol. 1 - $6.99, Vol. 2 - $6.99, Vol. 3 - $6.99, Vol. 4 - $6.99

Nadia TV Series (Hyb):
Vol. 1 - $4.99, Vol. 2 - $4.99, Vol. 3 - $4.99, Vol. 4 - $4.99, Vol. 5 - $4.99, Vol. 6 - $4.99, Vol. 7 - $4.99, Vol. 9 - $4.99, Vol. 10 - $4.99

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Hyb):
Vol. 1 - $6.99, Vol. 2 - $6.99, Vol. 3 - $6.99, Vol. 4 - $6.99, Vol. 6 - $6.99, Vol. 7 - $6.99, Vol. 8 - $6.99
Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect DVD Collection (1-8)(Hyb) - $49.99

Last edited by WTK; 06-28-06 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-28-06, 09:38 AM
WTK

Hiccup the "you know what" is temporary back in-stock again! Better hurray otherwise it may be sold out again!
Old 06-28-06, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
Hiccup the "you know what" is temporary back in-stock again! Better hurray otherwise it may be sold out again!
I don't know who you are, but I think I love you...I just got the last copy - thanks so much!
Old 06-28-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated!
Old 06-28-06, 02:40 PM

WTK, I love you too! You're absolutely awesome. Got in on the Azumanga Daioh box plus dvd 2, 4, and 5. I just wish that they had 3. I decided since they have plenty of 6 that i'd get it at a later date.
Old 06-28-06, 02:41 PM

Probably late to ask, but can you use the crazy clearance sale code with the bargain bin?
Old 06-28-06, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Probably late to ask, but can you use the crazy clearance sale code with the bargain bin?
No.
Old 06-28-06, 02:54 PM

From the Rightstuf site:

"The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports items) are excluded from coupon discounts."
Old 06-28-06, 05:43 PM

I'm so happy. I just got back home from going to Smiths and decided to look up rightstuf and lo and behold, they have on Azumanga Daioh 3 in stock. Ordered it and 6. Now I have the entire collection and it seems that the took Azumanga Daioh 3 completely off the site now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.