Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

HOSTEL Freebies?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1080i
"Although not a "freebie", Walmart's "EXCLUSIVE" is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 packed with Hostel for 19.96 (online, price in store more vary)"

They are lying, its 13.87 in Store for Hostel Unrated and Chainsaw
Dude, sounds like you are the one Lying... You just got the info at Walmart.com not at your actual Walmart store.

If you really bought or saw in instore, the Hostel 2pack does not come with TCM2. It comes with the borefest TCM:The Next Generation starred by Matthew McConaughey and Rene Zellweger
Old 04-19-06, 11:37 AM

the Walmart up by my school had Hostel in a two pack with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4: The Next Generation.... Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is the one with Dennis Hopper, and TCM3 is called Leatherface. TCM4 sucks, and has matthew mccanaughey (dont feel like looking up how to spell it) and renee zellwegger
Old 04-20-06, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xage
Dude, sounds like you are the one Lying... You just got the info at Walmart.com not at your actual Walmart store.

If you really bought or saw in instore, the Hostel 2pack does not come with TCM2. It comes with the borefest TCM:The Next Generation starred by Matthew McConaughey and Rene Zellweger
Dude, the info came from walmart.com which clearly showed a picture of Hostel and TCM2 with Dennis Hopper (although I now notice is says TCM2 The Next Generation), and their mistake was already pointed out. Also, it was posted BEFORE it was out in-store, so there was no way to know Walmart.com was incorrect. No reason to call someone a liar!

Last edited by kenbenobi; 04-20-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-21-06, 11:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Dude, the info came from walmart.com which clearly showed a picture of Hostel and TCM2 with Dennis Hopper (although I now notice is says TCM2 The Next Generation), and their mistake was already pointed out. Also, it was posted BEFORE it was out in-store, so there was no way to know Walmart.com was incorrect. No reason to call someone a liar!
In fairness to xage, I too was mislead by 1080i post. I came from Walmart store only to find out that there were no $13.87 Hostel 2pack. Even at their sister company Sam's Club they are not selling it at that cheap price.

kenbenobi, you are tolerating a liar, it is pretty obvious that 1080i post intentionaly ( [I]http://forum.dvdtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1312779
Old 04-22-06, 12:45 AM

Every Walmart has different pricing. You have to call ahead. I always list the Walmart location when I post prices from them.
Old 04-22-06, 01:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ericn101
Every Walmart has different pricing. You have to call ahead. I always list the Walmart location when I post prices from them.
Was Hostel 2pack at your Walmart reached that lying price of $13.87? I doubt???
Old 04-22-06, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Free eyeball
Old 04-22-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE=jake_spade]In fairness to xage, I too was mislead by 1080i post. I came from Walmart store only to find out that there were no $13.87 Hostel 2pack. Even at their sister company Sam's Club they are not selling it at that cheap price.

kenbenobi, you are tolerating a liar, it is pretty obvious that 1080i post intentionaly ( [I]http://forum.dvdtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1312779
Old 04-22-06, 11:44 PM
Banned

My main reason would be.. he created an account to mislead the members (try checking how many posts he made from his profile) in this forum that there is a Hostel 2pack at Walmart that sells for $13.87. If he had bought one or saw one at a Walmart store then he should know that it was TCM:The Next Generation and NOT TCM@ that was onpack.

I stand that he is a liar
Old 04-23-06, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You also have very few posts and your links suck. Should we think that you created an account just to call him a liar?

Can we please change the subject?
Old 04-23-06, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Peep
You also have very few posts and your links suck. Should we think that you created an account just to call him a liar?

Can we please change the subject?
Should we also think that you made a post in this thread to express your feelings against me calling other members a liar than sticking to the main subject which is Hostel's legitimate price in the market (specifically the 2pack walmart pricing)?

If you look closely to 1080i's post

1. he/she accused Walmart of Lying about the price (not the packaging)
2. he/she had no proof about the $13.87 price
3. it was only his/her only post since joining DVDtalk

Like kenbenobi, you did not took a close look if the information shared by members are legit or make believe? Especially in this thread about DVD bargains to help other members.

Originally Posted by 1080i
"Although not a "freebie", Walmart's "EXCLUSIVE" is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 packed with Hostel for 19.96 (online, price in store more vary)"

They are lying, its 13.87 in Store for Hostel Unrated and Chainsaw
Old 04-23-06, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jake_spade
Should we also think that you made a post in this thread to express your feelings against me calling other members a liar than sticking to the main subject which is Hostel's legitimate price in the market (specifically the 2pack walmart pricing)?
NO, THE MAIN SUBJECT IN THIS THREAD IS HOSTEL'S FREEBIES. Where in the title does it say anything about Hostel's price? Anyway, NONE of your points prove that he is a liar. He is obviously new to the forum, and maybe didn't realize it was a different TCM than I had posted. He also may have been joking when he said "they're lying" about the price, and obviously didn't know that Wal-mart prices are YMMV. But still, you have said absolutely nothing that proves he is a liar... You comment was completely uncalled for. That being said, feel free to post a rebuttle if you want, but I won't respond any more on this subject. I just wanted to make a point...
Old 04-23-06, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
NO, THE MAIN SUBJECT IN THIS THREAD IS HOSTEL'S FREEBIES. Where in the title does it say anything about Hostel's price? Anyway, NONE of your points prove that he is a liar. He is obviously new to the forum, and maybe didn't realize it was a different TCM than I had posted. He also may have been joking when he said "they're lying" about the price, and obviously didn't know that Wal-mart prices are YMMV. But still, you have said absolutely nothing that proves he is a liar... You comment was completely uncalled for. That being said, feel free to post a rebuttle if you want, but I won't respond any more on this subject. I just wanted to make a point...
Well said.

Jake Spade, you've made your point. Please STFU.