Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Buy One, Get One ($17.99) select Warner Special Edition titles at Best Buy 4/2-4/29

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Buy One, Get One ($17.99) select Warner Special Edition titles at Best Buy 4/2-4/29

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-06, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corihor1
No luck on East of Eden... or the Mission.
I struck out on these two as well.
Old 04-02-06, 09:10 PM

The Richfield, Minnesota store had the display, but they rang up at $17.99 each (not B1G1). I had to walk the girl over to the display to show her, then she rang it up with no problem. I was hoping this one store would have it right, since it's next door to the Best Buy coporate HQ

BTW - I picked up East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause, 2 titles people seem to have problems with...
Old 04-02-06, 09:12 PM

Best Buy in Emeryville, CA was advertised. Called beforehand and the lady knew the sale. Got Big Red One, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, JFK and Enter The Dragon. The billboard didn't say that Mission was in the deal, but instead had The Right Stuff.

No Right Stuff in the store, but there were plenty of The Mission. (

Also, the only Unforgiven they had was the previous one-disc.
Old 04-02-06, 10:25 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice find. Thanks!
Old 04-03-06, 08:01 AM

I picked up East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause, 2 titles people seem to have problems with...
I'm sorry, but what problems are you referring to? Problems with the DVDs, or problems with the films themselves?

Also, was Rebel Without a Cause the 2-Disc Special Edition?

Thanks a lot.
Old 04-03-06, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
I'm sorry, but what problems are you referring to? Problems with the DVDs, or problems with the films themselves?

Also, was Rebel Without a Cause the 2-Disc Special Edition?

Thanks a lot.
The poster was referring to the problems some other posters were having with their particular Best Buy store including certain titles in the deal. He was not referring to the quality of either the DVDs or the movies themselves.

Yes, it's the 2-Disc.
Old 04-03-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Planning getting this titles

True Romance Unrated Spec Ed
Giant Spec Ed
East of Eden Spec Ed 2pk
Mission Spec Ed
Rebel Without a Cause Spec Ed 2pk
Magnolia Spec Ed
Big Red One Spec Ed 2pk
Old 04-03-06, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,431 Likes on 4,398 Posts
Thanks. I'll get East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause. I had wanted to get the James Dean Box Set, but wasn't really interested in Giant anyway. This works out much better.
Old 04-03-06, 10:28 AM

Thanks. Tomorrow when I go to get Narnia, I will pick up True Romance and something else.
Old 04-03-06, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got back today, the sign still wasn't there, but this time I happened to ask the guy who does that stuff. He checked his papers, saw that 17.99 B1G1 is correct and I got:

Se7en, Unforgiven, JFK, Boogie Nights, East of Eden, Giant, Rebel without a Cause, and The Mission...

They had to fiddle with the last 4, but the first 4 (S, U, J, B) all rang up completely correctly (the others just rang up at 17.99)
Old 04-03-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I brought East of Eden & Big Red One to the register at CS and they both rang up for $17.99 but not the B1G1. They were stickered at $22.99 each and had 20+ copies on the shelves but no display. I'll just give it a few days and check back.
Old 04-03-06, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by arbogast777
The Richfield, Minnesota store had the display, but they rang up at $17.99 each (not B1G1). I had to walk the girl over to the display to show her, then she rang it up with no problem. I was hoping this one store would have it right, since it's next door to the Best Buy coporate HQ

BTW - I picked up East of Eden and Rebel Without a Cause, 2 titles people seem to have problems with...
Yeah, being next to the corporate center doesn't always work for the best. That store is the closest to me, but doesn't always know what's going on. As far as people having problems with certain titles, all I can ask is that you be patient. We are getting signage delivered today (Monday, 4/3) and should have it up by tomorrow. Not all stores have this set, so they will get it done later in the week. It should be taken care of by Thursday at the latest. As far as other questions that I've read...

I'll try to add sku's and upc's later to ensure that you're getting the right version. I have them all, just didn't have the time to post them.

Also, as far as I know, this is a company wide deal. All stores should be in on this. If it doesn't work out, check again later in the week. It runs until the 29th, so it should just be a matter of time before they get it straightened out.

I haven't been to my store yet this week, but I have been instructed that if the Blue shirts don't have it setup by Thursday, then we are to do it. It seems like most people are finding that this is already setup, just not taken care of in the computer yet. No surprise there. I hate posting this stuff half the time because BB hasn't set it up in the system when it's supposed to be and then mass chaos ensues over what stores have what dvd's on sale.
Old 04-03-06, 01:27 PM

Just came back from the Brooklyn BB (Belt Parkway & Bay Parkway). They have the display with all of the titles. Batman (Keaton, Nicolson) and Right Stuff were included. Two of the titles that were are in the display case aren't printed on the display sign. I didn't notice this so I just grabbed the 12 titles I wanted and 10 checked out OK but East of Eden and Giant did not. So I pointed it out to the cashier who consulted with the other cashier who rang for the floor walker who called the supervisor who lived in the house that Jack built.

It took about 15 minutes before the supervisor informed me that the sign did not have those two titles. We went back and he was correct, but I pointed out that the DVDs were in the display and I sure as hell didn't put them there. So he gave me the discount and said he was going to take them out of the display until he contacted the BB Grand Poobahs. Anyway, they were all pretty nice except for the disgruntled floor walker who will probably pull out an Uzi some day and level the place. Film at 11.
Old 04-03-06, 02:25 PM

Just got back from my BB (Gainesville FL) and they had the setup near the front of the store, with all titles listed except Batman and Right Stuff (although they were on the sign). Picked up Rebel Without a Cause and East of Eden, used a $5 RW gift certificate, $13.80 with tax for both titles. thank you OP.
Old 04-03-06, 06:51 PM
Cool New Member

Picked up Magnolia and Rebel 2-disc NO PROBLEM. Does this special also apply to any of the other titles (I forgot to ask):

TREASURE OF SIERRA MADRE 2-DISC
ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD (Michael Curtiz 2-discer)
Old 04-03-06, 07:22 PM

So for those of you seeing the actual signage, are the titles listed above the only titles available or is there more?

I picked up Boggie Nights,Wyatt Earp,JFK, and Robin Hood all with price tag of 20.99-21.99 all rang up 17.99 and when totaled out a message pops up[ stating they are B1G1 free, still no signs.

So far all of you waiting...DONT take them to the counter and take your chance.
Old 04-03-06, 07:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I picked up JFK and The Big Red One. There were no signs up anywhere in the store, but they had many copies of all the titles. I asked the cashier to check the price at the register and they came up B1G1.
Old 04-03-06, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by mike01
So for those of you seeing the actual signage, are the titles listed above the only titles available or is there more?

From what I recall, the titles listed in the first post were the only ones listed on the sign.
Old 04-04-06, 06:20 AM

No display or anything up yet at my local BB. I'm going to check back today but who knows when I'll see this deal locally...
Old 04-04-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can add the first Batman SE to the list. The sign for the display lists them all. She was just setting up the display now while I was there.

I got Batman and Blade II. Total with tax: $19.07. They rang up $17.99 each at first, but I pointed out the display and he changed it, no hassle.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 04-04-06 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-04-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
You can add the first Batman SE to the list. The sign for the display lists them all. She was just setting up the display now while I was there.

I got Batman and Blade II. Total with tax: $19.07. They rang up $17.99 each at first, but I pointed out the display and he changed it, no hassle.
LOL Snowmaker, I swear we shop at the same times!

Which BB did you go to? The one on Hall & M-59 didn't have any displays up at all. The only movies I could remember from the list were Magnolia($25.99) and The Big Red One($19.99). I grabbed them and did a price check. Came up $17.99, B1G1F. $19.XX after tax. Great Deal, thanks OP! I'll be heading back soon (with list in hand, this time )
Old 04-04-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wildman1037
LOL Snowmaker, I swear we shop at the same times!

Which BB did you go to? The one on Hall & M-59 didn't have any displays up at all. The only movies I could remember from the list were Magnolia($25.99) and The Big Red One($19.99). I grabbed them and did a price check. Came up $17.99, B1G1F. $19.XX after tax. Great Deal, thanks OP! I'll be heading back soon (with list in hand, this time )
I work over here by Oakland Mall, so anytime I post something like this, its likely its the store over here.

Magnolia?!
Old 04-04-06, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bobweiser
I hate posting this stuff half the time because BB hasn't set it up in the system when it's supposed to be and then mass chaos ensues over what stores have what dvd's on sale.
Hi, Bobweiser. Don't even think about not posting these items in spite of the problems that occur. We all appreciate the heads-up and the opportunity to get in on these sales before some titles disappear (I got the last Right Stuff at my BB). There were a few titles that I might have purchased from another source for more money if you hadn't posted the early warning. Also, while I was there I signed up for Reward Zone and purchased a new DVD player as a gift for a great price. So these postings are great for DVDTalkers and BB. Thanks a lot and keep 'em coming.
Old 04-04-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Magnolia?!
Well, I never heard anything about it, but I've liked every movie I've seen with Philip Seymour Hoffman in it. It's also on the IMDB top 250 list, so I thought I'd give it a blind buy. For $9, I can watch it and EBay it, and probably still spend less than a rental...
Old 04-04-06, 05:42 PM

Snowmaker , when you say list them all are you reffering to all the Batman?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.