Best Buy Prices: March 19 - March 26, 2006

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: March 19 - March 26, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jabba_RT
Hey Speedy, thanks for all the great prices every week. I always look forward to your posts. Do the Mind of Mencia and the South Park 7 sets fall under the RZ member list? I'm not a RZ member, so I hope not. Thanks!!!!
They do not. The prices listed for those sets are for everybody.

I threw in a divider to help distinguish that RZ section.

Last edited by speedy1961; 03-15-06 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-15-06, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by Roufuss
I registered just to ask you a favor Speedy Could you please start including the PC Games in with the ads? I hate never knowing what PC Games are on sale until the day of, and I'm hoping someone has Oblivion on sale for the PC.

Thanks for all you do, I've been a long time fan of your work!!
Does anyone else feel that adding the PC games that are going on sale would be helpful????

Please let me know..
Old 03-15-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kromax
Mmmm....Justice League.

Thanks for the early prices, Speedy. Nobody rules these forums like you. Nobody.
Thanks..... you are too kind and I'm really glad that I can help out folks here.
Old 03-15-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Watch out, I remember when the guy from CheapAssGamer put in jokes and people whined like little bitches about it.

Personally, I love the jokes.

Thanks for the early prices. Looks like Mind of Mencia and South Park for me.

I wonder how they decide the Reward Zone Member deals. It seems we'll go 3 or 4 weeks without them, then one week with a few, then another month or so without.
I remember his jokes were more like a personal commentary.

Mine are geared toward making people think: "Is that a REAL title or not?"

My favorite: Weezie: The Wrath of Louise Jefferson....

As far as RZ specials, I suspect that they analyze their current period sales to the same period last year and if they see a slow period coming, they throw in a sale for RZ members.

At least, that's how we used to do it when I worked for McDonalds. (Would you like an apple pie with your order? They're 2 for a buck this week.)

Last edited by speedy1961; 03-15-06 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-15-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also the jokes the guy at CAG put in were a little vulgar. Speedy, on the other hand, tends to keep his jokes on the clever side.
Old 03-15-06, 08:44 AM

Sure Speedy, please add PC GAMES to your postings. Thanks!

I'll buy JLA and Batman sets. Good prices!
Old 03-15-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime
Is that the correct price for South Park Season 7? Everyone, including Best Buy has it listed as 39.99 for pre-order.
That price is confirmed Max B.

Ad makes it loook real good eh?

Especially when you can buy the first 5 seasons at Target that week for $19.99 each. Of course, you can get BB to pricematch as well.

Last edited by speedy1961; 03-15-06 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-15-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by junkie
Thanks for the post. Does the ad say when Metroid DS will be available?
Available Tuesday 3/21/06.
Old 03-15-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

another decent week of new releases. thanks for getting the ads out early.
Old 03-15-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I registered just to ask you a favor Speedy Could you please start including the PC Games in with the ads? I hate never knowing what PC Games are on sale until the day of, and I'm hoping someone has Oblivion on sale for the PC.

Thanks for all you do, I've been a long time fan of your work!!
PC Games added as per your request.
Old 03-15-06, 02:02 PM

Thanks for PC GAMES post. I just visited my local BB and there are extra 15,000 RZ points for customers who pre-order Oblivion game.
Old 03-15-06, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
PC Games added as per your request.
Awesome, thanks a ton!

Is there any way I can get the prices for CC and Target too? Mostly just looking for a sale on Oblivion, regular or CE for PC.
Old 03-15-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Awesome, thanks a ton!

Is there any way I can get the prices for CC and Target too? Mostly just looking for a sale on Oblivion, regular or CE for PC.
All you need do is ask or send me an e-mail. I'm still not sure that those who frequent this forum are particulary interested in PC games on a weekly basis. But I am contactable and willing to help.

Circuit City lists The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion as a Low Price title available 3/23/06 for what I see as $39.99 with the Collector's Edition going for $59.99

Target does not list this title in their ad at all.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gutz
Thanks for PC GAMES post. I just visited my local BB and there are extra 15,000 RZ points for customers who pre-order Oblivion game.
Nice deal then Gutz.

Only two have stated whether inclusion of PC titles on a weekly basis would help them. YOU, being one of them.
Old 03-16-06, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the early prices, Speedy. I think I might bite on PGR3 for xbox 360. $39.99 - $5 Gamer's gift coupon = a pretty sweet deal.
Old 03-16-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by yellowjacket621
Thanks for the prices (and the mention)!

I think I'll just wait until the DDD sale for Justice League and Batman Beyond, and save about $10.

Agree... i don't need them right away, so DDD's 20% sale sounds pretty good, perhaps there's a better price some times in between
Old 03-16-06, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Best Buy also seems to be the only place that advertised The Squid and the Whale. I'm sure that film is $20 everywhere, but well worth it.

Definitely well worth it. But just to be sure, does anyone know of it being advertised less anywhere else? I know it's 18.96 on Amazon right now, but for that extra buck I'd pick it up on release.
Old 03-16-06, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks
Old 03-18-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone know specifically what will be on that Motherload disc, free with South Park or Mind of Mencia? I know it says 45 minutes of Comedy Central online content, but 45 minutes of what?
Old 03-19-06, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Does anyone know specifically what will be on that Motherload disc, free with South Park or Mind of Mencia? I know it says 45 minutes of Comedy Central online content, but 45 minutes of what?
It might be comedy standup shorts that Comedy Central used to show in between shows as filler. Guess we'll all see when someone gets one.
Old 03-21-06, 02:37 AM

Does anyone else feel that adding the PC games that are going on sale would be helpful????

Please let me know..
Thank you for your hard work as always, speedy1961. I would also like to request a weekly listing of PC games. I would find them most helpful.

Each week, I eagerly anticipate previewing the listings of media software. Whenever I get the physical ads in my hands (never early, unfortunately), I always first check the DVDs, CDs, console video games, and PC games (in that order). Usually the PC software section of the weekly ads are pretty slim, so hopefully, they wouldn’t add too much of a burden to your already busy workload.

Your help is always tremendously appreciated. I just don’t typically log in every week to offer a word of thanks without adding any actual content. Please help out the PC gamers on our forum and keep in mind all the silent, yet grateful, members each week.
Old 03-21-06, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was just about to ask if they still did some kind of RZ discount. Glad to see it's still around.
Old 03-21-06, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr. Gore
Thank you for your hard work as always, speedy1961. I would also like to request a weekly listing of PC games. I would find them most helpful.

Each week, I eagerly anticipate previewing the listings of media software. Whenever I get the physical ads in my hands (never early, unfortunately), I always first check the DVDs, CDs, console video games, and PC games (in that order). Usually the PC software section of the weekly ads are pretty slim, so hopefully, they wouldn’t add too much of a burden to your already busy workload.

Your help is always tremendously appreciated. I just don’t typically log in every week to offer a word of thanks without adding any actual content. Please help out the PC gamers on our forum and keep in mind all the silent, yet grateful, members each week.
Yours has been the best argument by far for my adding them.

Thank you for the kind words and check back later today / tonight when I debut the latest BB price listing with price comparision links to Target and Circuit City and also PC games.
Old 03-21-06, 08:08 AM

I appreciate seeing the PC game titles in the list, as well! I'll be getting Justice League & Batman Beyond.
Old 03-21-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i picked up South Park S7 this morning, but didn't see the Motherload disc anywhere. no sticker on the set, and i haven't ripped it open yet. was this available separately, or is the bonus disc quietly packed in the sets?

South Park: Season 7 >>>> $29.99 ****
Mind Of Mencia: Season 1 >>>> $16.99 ****

****Best Buy Exclusive MotherLoad Disc included with South Park: Season 7 or Mind of Menica. Indulge in over 45 minutes of exclusive content straight from MotherLoad, Comedy Central’s online video player ****

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.