Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

OOP Notorious Criterion at B&N plus 40% off Oscar Winners

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OOP Notorious Criterion at B&N plus 40% off Oscar Winners

Okay, so I’m browsing through Barnes and Noble online spending my gift cards when I come across… Notorious??? They list it at $33.98 for non-members and $30.58 for members. Shipping is free. Now, I know this is probably an error but I ordered it anyway. The worst that could happen is that they’ll tell me it was a mistake and I’ll cajole them into giving me a $10 gift certificate for my mental anguish. I’ll let you know what happens.

By the way, there are some pretty good 40% off deals on most major Oscar winners (Best Picture, Actress, Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Director), especially if you’re a member. I picked up the following:

(Note – these are all member prices)

Ben-Hur (4-Disc CE) $21.58
Gladiator (3-Disc EE) $21.58
Hamlet Criterion $16.18
Chicago (2-Disc Razzle-Dazzle) $16.18
Titanic (3-Disc SE) $16.18
Chariots of Fire (2-Disc SE) 14.56
Deer Hunter (2-Disc SE) 14.56
The Sting (2-Disc SE) 14.56
West Side Story (2-Disc Collector’s Box) $16.18

The sale ends March 13.
Old 03-08-06, 10:35 AM

You can find Notorious on ebay, any day of the week for around $30....Ben Hur and Gladiator are good deals though..
Old 03-08-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hamlet's a decent deal as well. Didn't even think to check any OOP Criterions. Good luck with that.

This Barnes and Noble Oscar Winners sale was previously discussed, but I can't find the thread.

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 03-08-06 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by joshtown
You can find Notorious on ebay, any day of the week for around $30....Ben Hur and Gladiator are good deals though..

That's absolutely correct, but many of us (myself included) don't buy from eBay for various reasons, and this is the first time I've seen this item available in a while from any of the online dealers, making it a good deal considering the free shipping and B&N reliability. Plus, eBay doesn't accept B&N gift cards, which some people have and which I used to buy the aforementioned DVDs. Hopefully, it's not an error.
Old 03-08-06, 11:06 AM

You can also pick up Notorious at CriterionDVD.com. They're a really good site. It's a little more expensive there, but for those that don't like to buy from eBay.

Link
Old 03-08-06, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by cermine
You can also pick up Notorious at CriterionDVD.com. They're a really good site. It's a little more expensive there, but for those that don't like to buy from eBay.

Link
I never knew that site existed. I'll definitely check it out later. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-06, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by arod1171
Originally Posted by joshtown
That's absolutely correct, but many of us (myself included) don't buy from eBay for various reasons, and this is the first time I've seen this item available in a while from any of the online dealers, making it a good deal considering the free shipping and B&N reliability. Plus, eBay doesn't accept B&N gift cards, which some people have and which I used to buy the aforementioned DVDs. Hopefully, it's not an error.
Thanks for the notice, ordered mine from B&N... And I agree, I don't buy from eBay. I know if something's defective with the DVD, it's easier exchanging (normally at least).
Old 03-09-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, just got a notice from B&N that Notorious is out of stock right now and the order will be canceled after 30 days if it they don't get 'em in...
Old 03-09-06, 09:53 PM

Sorry to hear that, Movieman. Mine shows an expected shipping date of March 13. If they don't have any or don't ship by then (which they probably won't) I'll go into gift certificate mode. Hopefully it will be worth 10 bucks for them to get me off their back :-).
Old 03-16-06, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, got an e-mail today that B&N is shipping my copy
Old 03-16-06, 03:36 PM

My copy just arrived 5 minutes ago. Looks like they had a few stashed away. I'm happy to see you're getting yours. This definitely calls for some dancing banana action!