Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Any deals on Lost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any deals on Lost?

I let someone borrow my copy of 'Lost' Season 1, and someone ended up stealing them from his apartment. Luckily, he was willing to pay me for them. But, being the nice guy I am, I don't want to burden him too much. I'm trying to find the best deal on 'Lost.' So far, the best deal is DDD or Amazon. I was hoping to find a better deal somewhere else. I would even be willing to purchase a used copy, if the condition is 'like new.' If anyone knows of any, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-06-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wait around and Target / Circuit City / Best Buy should put it on sale for $29.99 or lower. You might want to check out eBay as well.
Old 03-06-06, 07:48 AM

Yeah, I've been checking e-bay. I even saw a good deal on one at half.com, but let it slip away. I know that Target/BestBuy/Circuit City have them on sale, often. That's one of the things I've been hoping for. I know that one of them had it for $34.99 the week before I found out about them being stolen. I think I'm going to wait it out and see what deals I can find. I know it was just a little under $40 on-line, so I just had him give me $40. But, I was hoping that I could find it cheaper, and if it was like $30 or so, I would just give him the $10 back.
Old 03-06-06, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As always there should be a 20% off sale at DDD some time in the future. All depends on how long you are willing to wait.
Btw, I saw it for a little cheaper at wherehouse.com (used, said 1 left in stock), but they charge sales tax in most states I think and shipping (although there is a free shipping code available now I think).
Old 03-06-06, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not just ask them to pay you the price YOU paid for it? That seems fair to me.

Also, you might check out used places. Lost is a great show, but I'll bet a lot of people who buy that set will only watch it once.
Old 03-07-06, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You let someone borrow a 6 or 7 disk set?!
Old 03-07-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There *might* be a combo deal when the 2nd season set hits probably in September.

Your friend, was other stuff stolen from the apartment? Does he have renter's insurance? Is he going to file a claim? If so, just include the MSRP of the set on that and either take the cash from him or have him rebuy it and give it to you.
Old 03-08-06, 03:22 PM

I was going to sell my set along with the Best Buy bonus disc on eBay. If you're interested please contact me directly.
[email protected]
Old 03-08-06, 06:36 PM

I have a brand new set and NEVER played I can sell you for $25 plus s/h if interested.
Old 03-10-06, 02:27 AM

Cheapest I've recall was $24 @ BestBuy late last year followed by Amazon @ $29 around the same time. Doubtless it'll be discounted again when Season Two is released or when ABC/Touchstone wants to spur interest in the series.

You might also check your local GameStop for a cheap Mint/Used copy.