Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Austin Power Trilogy for 5.99 at FYE

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 09:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a bunch on rebate, most are 9.99 or less movies on for 4.99 after MIR, but there are some special editions and 2 disc sets actually worth mentioning. Like previous posts, the Seven 2 disc edition $14.99 and 10 MIR, Color Purple SE 2disc, THX SE, Wyatt Earp SE, JFK 2 disc SE, Lost Boys 2 disc SE, Magnolia, Purple rain SE 2 disc, that are notably cheaper after the MIR than normal. Other movies on rebate include:
analyze this
blazing saddles
caddyshack
client
exorcist
eyes wide shut
falling down
fesival express
gotti
lethal weapon 2 and 3 director's cuts
meet me in st. louis
no escape
outbreak
poltergeist
singing in the rain
space jam
sphere
superman 4
swordfish
NL's Vacation
enter the dragon SE
boiler room
how to deal
Old 02-05-06, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Noticed this a few days ago. Might pick up on Magnolia.
Old 02-06-06, 01:37 AM

So how long will this rebate offer last?
Old 02-06-06, 06:27 AM

I believe through 2/22/06
Old 02-06-06, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jaschiero
There's a bunch on rebate, most are 9.99 or less movies on for 4.99 after MIR, but there are some special editions and 2 disc sets actually worth mentioning. Like previous posts, the Seven 2 disc edition $14.99 and 10 MIR, Color Purple SE 2disc, THX SE, Wyatt Earp SE, JFK 2 disc SE, Lost Boys 2 disc SE, Magnolia, Purple rain SE 2 disc, that are notably cheaper after the MIR than normal. Other movies on rebate include:
analyze this
blazing saddles
caddyshack
client
exorcist
eyes wide shut
falling down
fesival express
gotti
lethal weapon 2 and 3 director's cuts
meet me in st. louis
no escape
outbreak
poltergeist
singing in the rain
space jam
sphere
superman 4
swordfish
NL's Vacation
enter the dragon SE
boiler room
how to deal

Thanks for the list! just 2 quick questions: Are all of these $4.99 after MIR and is Space Jam the 2 disc SE (hoping it is even though you didn't write SE)?
Old 02-06-06, 08:41 AM

I don't believe it is. We have a list with the upc codes to make sure they are the correct versions but unfortunately we didn't have space jam in stock. Our computers don't do much to help us determine which version it is, sometimes if it's a special edition or 2 disc it doesn't says so, but sometimes it does. I'm willing to bet its just the regular single disc version. All those are $4.99 after MIR.

There's also about 30 some titles that have been $9.99 and a $5 MIR for the past month or so that is continuing, containing titles like X-men and x-men2, boondock saints, days of thunder, south park movie, mean girls, and various other comedy/drama/action/sci-fi/horror movies, so if you've seen them in store they've been on rebate for a while as well.
Old 02-06-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info jaschiero! A little bit off topic, but new releases that have MIR on fye.com will they usually appear in store too? My wife wants Grey's anatomy and to avoid having to order for over $25 on fye.com I'd rather purchase it instore if it has the $12.99 AR prce tag.
Old 02-06-06, 09:23 AM

Some do, but as for in stores, there are less rebates as the company is moving a little bit away from rebates for new releases. I don't think any of last week's NR had any, and the previoius week, the fog was the only one with a rebate, and haven't seen a revate on TV show NR since viva la bam, and before that 24 S4, so probably won't be. Unfortunately, the company sends us the sale prices a few days before, so we did sale pricing for Tuesday's NR yesterday, but they don't send us rebate info until Mondays, we never know what NR will be on rebate until Monday's company emails.

I think I saw Grey's Anatomy, maybe on this message board, advertised in a flyer for less than $20... if so, I know my FYE price matches if its in a local flyer. I'd check with your FYE as its not a company policy, kinda up to the store.
Old 02-06-06, 09:43 AM

I got the Austin Powers boxset for €25.99 over here.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...2&title=673004

Well worth it.
Old 02-06-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw several of the 2-disc sets in Sam's Club in Georgia. The Special Editions of Casablanca, Meet Me in St Louis, Robin Hood and a few others for $10.
Old 02-06-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and fill in the gaps of whatever WB 2-disc SEs I don't have. $4.99 AR is awesome, and I've always had success with FYE's rebates.
Old 02-07-06, 10:08 PM

Are all those titles listed on one rebate form? Everytime I've heard of one of these FYE deals, I go into the store asking for the form and they look around the counter for a second, shuffling papers, and then say "Sorry, we're all out of those." I wish they had a website to get those rebates from.
Old 02-08-06, 07:14 AM

Those rebates all print with the register receipt. 2 copies, and a rebate form.
Old 02-08-06, 12:32 PM

I went in today and picked up Wyatt Earp, True Romance, and Singin in the Rain. The rebate printed out. I guess it has been a while since I was in there looking for rebate forms.
Old 02-08-06, 06:45 PM

I picked up a few titles today at my local FYE. Nothing was signed as having a rebate, and half of the titles weren't even signed with the sale prices. There would have been no way of knowing about these deals, if not for this thread. So, thanks!

Wyatt Earp 2 disc SE was $26.99, sale $14.99 minus $10 rebate
Lost Boys 2 disc SE was $26.99, sale $14.99 minus $10 rebate
Meet Me in St Louis 2 disc SE was $26.99, sale $14.99 minus $10 rebate
Patton was $14.99, sale $10.99 minus $5 rebate

jaschiero-
Blazing Saddles 30th Anniversary SE was regular priced at $12.99- but no rebate form printed out? I did see a snapper regularly priced at $14.99, on sale for $5.99. Is there an additional rebate on either version?

Thanks. I may run to another FYE later in the week in the hopes of finding Amadeus and perhaps a few extra dvds for the gift closet!
Old 02-08-06, 07:53 PM

is this for coconuts also?
Old 02-08-06, 10:34 PM

only the regular blazing saddles had the rebate if i recall, not the SE.

Many of them are not marked. We have a 4 sided rectangular display of dvd's with about 60 dvd's displayed, with the 4.99 sign, but maybe 10 of them have rebate stands in the section because there's just so many of them, along with NR rebates we just don't have enough. And that's always full and roated with DVD's every month or so, the ones mentioned on this thread have been been on rebate only since 2/2, which my store and i'm assuming others, have displayed in the very front.

no idea about coconuts even though its a Transworld store, don't have any near me and never even seen one.