Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Walmart 2 Pack (X-Men, Daredevil)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walmart 2 Pack (X-Men 2, Daredevil)

These were at a local Walmart for 8.44. Both are the two disc sets. Very good deal I thought.

Last edited by bayoozen; 01-25-06 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-25-06, 02:50 PM

Ws?
Old 01-25-06, 04:42 PM

Yup, this is WS. Got one myself a few days ago.
Old 01-25-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bought this two weeks ago.
Old 01-25-06, 08:57 PM
JCZ
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info. It took a while searching everywhere in the store for them until I found them near a self-checkout lane in a cardboard bin that said they should be $20.00. They rang up $8.44. With all my searching I was also able to find a Bladerunner dvd left over from the dvd selection that came out around Christmas.
Old 01-25-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is actually a pretty good deal for those that don't have them yet. I wonder why they are so cheap though.
Old 01-25-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
This is actually a pretty good deal for those that don't have them yet.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
I wonder why they are so cheap though.
Here's my cynical answer:

To make me feel bad having previously bought the 1-DVD edition of Daredevil for $4.99 and X-Men 2 for about $12.

I don't know the real answer. All I know is the more they do this, the less I'm willing to pay for DVDs. I could've done a B1G1F offer at CH last night and gotten anything $20 or less (including many preorders) for about $11 each, but I passed this time because so often whatever I buy ends up around $5 at Walmart within a year. These low prices merely prove to me that paying $10 for most DVDs is paying too much. Just wait for the Walmart dump bins or 2 packs.
Old 01-26-06, 07:07 PM

Initially discussed here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450995

maybe some new stock if the 2disc DD is now in the mix...
Old 01-26-06, 08:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I saw some new two packs. One was X-men and Last of Mohicans.
Old 01-26-06, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
Here's my cynical answer:

To make me feel bad having previously bought the 1-DVD edition of Daredevil for $4.99 and X-Men 2 for about $12.

I don't know the real answer. All I know is the more they do this, the less I'm willing to pay for DVDs. I could've done a B1G1F offer at CH last night and gotten anything $20 or less (including many preorders) for about $11 each, but I passed this time because so often whatever I buy ends up around $5 at Walmart within a year. These low prices merely prove to me that paying $10 for most DVDs is paying too much. Just wait for the Walmart dump bins or 2 packs.
You should take up collecting Criterions. All your woes about price drops will be solved.
Old 01-26-06, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by illennium
You should take up collecting Criterions. All your woes about price drops will be solved.
I've heard about Criterions many times, but I have never bought one nor have I followed their pricing. I think they are usually really expensive.

Are you saying that Criterion DVDs rarely drop in price?
Old 01-27-06, 10:38 AM

Personally, I think that anyone that buys a DVD the release week for $15 is crazy. Yesterday I noticed that Batman Begins is on the endcap at Target for $13.xx. This has not been out all that long. It pays to wait. $7.50 is the magic number for me.
Old 01-27-06, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
Personally, I think that anyone that buys a DVD the release week for $15 is crazy. Yesterday I noticed that Batman Begins is on the endcap at Target for $13.xx. This has not been out all that long. It pays to wait. $7.50 is the magic number for me.
I'm becoming that way too. I bought Batman Begins (2 DVD with comic book) for $10 from CH as part of a B1G1F deal. I passed on upgrades of Ferris Bueller, Good Morning Vietnam, and Dead Poets Society for $11.99, and I can barely bring myself to order another set of new releases for $10 each in CH's latest B1G1F promotion.

So while I haven't been able to keep it as low as $7.50, I have been doing pretty well keeping it under $10. I caved in and bought Office Space SE for $8.35 at Costco which was higher than the magic $7.50 number. This has been good because I've been less bummed about price drops because I've been paying less. My big problem is I have about $200 in Suncoast gift cards to use and it's tough to find anything reasonably priced there, so I end up getting the $19.99 preorders (like the new Dune Extended) knowing in 6 months it'll be under $10 somewhere. I tell people if they get me gift cards do it at a store that PMs (Best Buy or Walmart) and I always end up with Borders or Suncoast gift cards instead. Joy.
Old 01-27-06, 11:09 AM

I'm starting to get this way myself unless it's one of those films I had to see opening night in the theaters like King Kong or Chronicles of Narnia.

Then I find it harder to wait.

But with all the bargain bins and suprise sales walmart is starting to do all the time it does pay to wait. I'm picking up some movies I've always wanted but decided to wait when the came up for cheap prices.

i.e. All the Superbits at Best Buy
i.e. All the 3.88 and 4.88 deals walmart has been doing.
i.e. Digging through the bargain bins
i.e. Day after thanksgiving @ target getting all the Harry Potter's/Shrek2/Finding Nemo /Shark Tale for 3.44 each

Usually I just rent see it once and decide if I want to own it and make a mental note waiting for the day I can pick it up cheap.

This way if they decide to put out a new special release and you want it you didn't waste your money up front. If you don't need the newer release then chances are the old one is dirt cheap now.
Old 01-28-06, 03:26 AM

I get a big part of our DVDs at Movie Gallery. At $7.50, it is hardly worth it for us to rent. Just wait a few weeks and the deals can be found.

Of course the magic number does not apply to box sets, and I don't feel bad if there is a must have like Star Wars or King Kong that I pay a higher price for since I save so much on every other title.