(DEAD) All Legendary Heroes Series DVD Sets @29.99

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-05, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Legendary Heroes Series DVD Sets @29.99

"Get all Legendary Heroes Series DVD Sets
for only $29.99 for a limited time!"

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/s.nl/sc.9/category.40/.f

I'm gonna be finishing up my Highlander collection - Xena and Hercules is temping too....

*edit* i placed an order - and i am kind of weary about this statement in the email confirmation

"Also, the shipping and handling amount stated at the time of placing your order is only an estimation and may be modified depending on various factors such as the actual weight, size, dimensions, etc. of your package(s) in addition to the destination location."

Isn't that kind of .... wrong? To say shipping is a certain amount, then say "OH, by the way, we might charge you more."

I'll report what happens in case anyone is interested. I really did want Highlander S6, and The Raven - plus the boxs for the Highlander and Xena sets were only $1 and probably the only place to buy them, so a few extra bucks for shipping won't hurt. Kinda glad i didn't splurge and buy 10 seasons of Xena and Hercules now.

Last edited by Pookymeister; 05-11-06 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hercules & Xena are VERY tempting...ARGH!
Old 12-13-05, 11:29 AM

Knowing that the in-store Highlander sets and their Highlander sets are different, I sent off this e-mail:

I was wondering how the Highlander: Raven DVD box set compares to the set available in stores. I know the sets for the Highlander TV show are slightly different (mostly in packaging). How about with the Raven set?

And received this response, very quickly:

The Raven set is the same.

I actually think Best Buy still has some exclusive, in-pack disc with Raven (I got the 6 Highlander sets from Best Buy), but I can live without that when saving so much ($50). So, it looks like I'll be ordering up some Raven (only set I have left to get).
Old 12-13-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know of one difference from my last purchase of Highlander from them - no UPC on box.
Old 12-13-05, 08:49 PM

im hoping the raven set fits nicely where the Best of Highlander set is supposed to go in the collectors box.
Old 12-13-05, 11:36 PM

MMM...

All I have is S3 of Highlander and the library box that I got from LH a few monthes ago. I'd like to get the rest of the Highlander sets + RAVEN, and Hercules and Xena.
Old 12-13-05, 11:53 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Remember, Hercules Season One @ deepdisountdvd.com is $11.99
Old 12-15-05, 10:30 AM

Yeah, I ordered the Highlander collectors box, as I have all six seasons, but the problem is that s5 & s6 had narrowing packaging in the stores, while the ones on the LH site all have the same s1 size packaging, as they really released them all very early, instead of the in-store staggered releases. I'm thinking that it will taken Raven, best of, and all six in-store Highlander seasons to fill the collector's box. I haven't been able to tell if the Best Of has anything unique in it, so far.
Old 12-15-05, 02:02 PM
Cool New Member

Has anyone had any problems/good experiences using www.LegendaryHeroes.com in the past?
Old 12-15-05, 02:15 PM

shipping is quick, product is good, especially if you worked a good deal to get your wanted items, but for gods sake, dont give them your work phone, they call me at least once a month, wanting to see if i want to order more stuff.......sheesh
Old 12-15-05, 02:40 PM
Cool New Member

thanks for the info fitzcain... just so you guys know, i was browsing around on their site, looking at the Highlander deal, and i found this:

LotR TTT EE Gift Set for $25 + 4.95 s/h

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/s.nl/...it.A/id.508/.f
Old 12-15-05, 04:32 PM

yeah last thing you want, is your boss trying to have a converation with you, and someone on your phone wants to know, do you prefer hercules or xena more? (this actually happened, and was pretty funny, but not at that time)
Old 12-15-05, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by spyd3rgt
Yeah, I ordered the Highlander collectors box, as I have all six seasons, but the problem is that s5 & s6 had narrowing packaging in the stores, while the ones on the LH site all have the same s1 size packaging, as they really released them all very early, instead of the in-store staggered releases. I'm thinking that it will taken Raven, best of, and all six in-store Highlander seasons to fill the collector's box. I haven't been able to tell if the Best Of has anything unique in it, so far.
If anything is unique, its probably the extras - but extras are not worth $30 to me
Old 12-21-05, 09:28 PM

Received Raven and the collector's box thing thing today. I've got the 6 retail versions of Highlander series (first 4 use wider style case, last 2 aren't as wide), Raven, and Highlander: Endgame in the box. Perfect fit. The Best Of set would not fit in there with the 6 Highlander seasons and Raven. The collector's box is a bit disappointing. Just grey, with the highlander logo on the top. It doesn't even have a cool logo on the back or anything, so your only option is to have the DVD cases showing, or have a blank grey panel showing. The logo you can see in the pic below is the only marking on the box really. That grey border pattern goes around it, but that's it. But, it only cost $1

The shipping box was pretty cool though, has the highlander logo on both sides, hehe. Sort of made me regret having it delivered to work, a box with a big picture of a katana on it, LOL.

Last edited by spyd3rgt; 12-21-05 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-23-05, 01:21 AM

I got my Highlander S6 and Raven as well, along with the Highlander collectors box and the Xena box for kicks(only have S1 so far, but for a dollar why not...wish they had the Hercules box for a dollar)

My highlander seasons and Raven fit inside with enough room for another DVD...guess Endgame is a good choice then for that.
Old 01-04-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
Great price. Wife got me the last 3 seasons of Highlander for Christmas.

I had ordered S4 for $40 a while back, but they never shipped. I called and they said since I wanted mailed to New Orleans (I'm working there) they were waiting for the post office to give the ok. So I canceled, then when I went to re-order to have shipped home, noticed they dropped the price by $10, so I ordered the last 3 seasons. Also, had a $5.00 off coupon they sent in S3, so that off set some of the shipping.
Old 01-06-06, 08:28 PM

BTW, I ended up going to Best Buy and finding a copy of Highlander Raven with the Best Buy exclusive extras, then returned the copy I got from Legendary Heroes in its place I just had to do it, every other season of Highlander I have has the BB exclusives, needed the complete set, hehe.

I had to go to 5 different stores to find a copy at a BB that had the exclusives, all of the stores sold out of that version and only had the normal version (like you get from Legendary Heroes).

Oddly enough, exlusives versions of all of the other Highlander seasons still seem to be plentiful. All of these exclusives versions are supposed to be limited, but Raven is the only one I've ever had trouble finding.
Old 01-07-06, 08:10 AM
ed

Ordered Xena Season #6 on 12/15. Still waiting. Yesterday CS said they were still on backorder. Last time I ordered service was much quicker, but at $29 I can afford to be patient.
Old 01-07-06, 08:54 AM
Banned

I placed an order for them on the 2nd. My first time ordering from them. There's a lot more items I'd like to order, but I kept this current order small just to see how they are as a company. Hoping I get an email confirmation or something from them soon.
Old 01-07-06, 12:20 PM

Their email confirmation and status updates are lacking, but i got my box about a week after ordering and it was nicely packed - so didnt complain. It was a big box too, since i got both the Xena and Highlander cardboard case for all the seasons.
Old 01-10-06, 06:37 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info Pooky. I still have not heard anything from them. Also my credit card hasn't even been charged yet. Does that mean they may be out of stock on the item I ordered?
Old 01-11-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
Yea, I have ordered 4 time from them and typically,

No e-mail confirmation
Their on-line system doesn't update

However,

they have never charged me till they actually ship
all but once I got my stuff in less then a week (and that was when they were supposedly not mailing to new Orleans)

Overall I'd say they fine, just not the best.
Old 01-11-06, 04:42 PM

I made an order on monday 1/02 and was billed the next day and still havn't got my order.
Old 01-17-06, 01:21 AM
Banned

Man am I regretting ordering from them. I placed my order on the 2nd. Never heard a word from them. So I emailed them asking them to please give me an update. They then called me on the phone (why I have no clue) only to tell me there system shows my order was delivered ( which it wasn't) , and would I like to order more merchandise? Give me a break! Anyone else had problems with there company?
Old 01-17-06, 12:11 PM

My order got here a week and half after i ordered it. Had no real problems. But i think they lie about when the order ships. Cause it shouldn't take over a week for shipping.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.