Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) All Legendary Heroes Series DVD Sets @29.99

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SimplyRavishing
Man am I regretting ordering from them. I placed my order on the 2nd. Never heard a word from them. So I emailed them asking them to please give me an update. They then called me on the phone (why I have no clue) only to tell me there system shows my order was delivered ( which it wasn't) , and would I like to order more merchandise? Give me a break! Anyone else had problems with there company?
Never had any problems with orders, though that won't be the last time they call you.
Old 01-17-06, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't have any problems, either. They even responded to my question e-mail within an hour. From what I'm hearing, they seem to rely on repeat business quite a bit. Which is understandable, people who buy from them are probably more-dedicated fans. So, there telemarketing calls make some sense, and they probably get a fair amount of repeat business out of it. I imagine this is the type of company you can even negotiate with, talk 'em down on a price or two.
Old 01-19-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 447 Likes on 386 Posts
Surprised some are having problems. I'm thinking about ordering Raven. I know, I know, didn't do well at all. But I'm enjoying the Highlander sets and figure for $30 (which is barely 2 movies), might as well finish the set and I never saw any of the Raven's.
Old 01-19-06, 11:23 PM

Yea - i never saw the Ravens either - but figured I could use the extra set to fill out the Collectors Box since i didnt get the Greatest Hits Collectionor whatever it is called.
Old 01-20-06, 10:40 PM

I actually remember the Raven from when it was originally airing. Reason I didn't watch it then is the same reason no one else watched it. Highlander name, but no immortal stuff, what's the point? Who needs another sidekick cop drama thing? But yes, I bought it, too
Old 05-10-06, 09:15 AM

Bumping this because I am curious if anyone else is getting telemarketing calls from this company lately. Theyve been calling me every other day the past two weeks =[
Old 05-12-06, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
Bumping this because I am curious if anyone else is getting telemarketing calls from this company lately. Theyve been calling me every other day the past two weeks =[
Who does it say on your caller ID? I've been getting a call from "private caller" once or twice a day for a month now (though it seems to have stopped this week).
Old 05-12-06, 03:14 PM

yea its always private caller. I told them a few times to take me off the list - now i just hang up.
Sometimes i get legit private calls, so i have to pick it up.
Old 05-12-06, 03:36 PM
Defunct Account

I've been getting calls too from "private caller" a couple of times a week. The irratating thing is that 90% the time when I pick up, no one's there.

To get them to stop (this applies to all telemarketers), you have to ask to be put on their list. They keep a "Do not call" list, and if you ask to be taken off, that means that you want them to call you. Slimey, huh? I finally got someone and asked to be put on their list and they've stopped calling.
Old 05-18-06, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by videophile
I've been getting calls too from "private caller" a couple of times a week. The irratating thing is that 90% the time when I pick up, no one's there.
Exact same thing for me. Haven't had a call in a week or so, though (down from the initial 4 times a day). Having worked in a phone room before (conducting surveys, not telemarketing), I imagine it to be an automated service designed to clean lists of phone numbers. Basically, it just calls numbers (from a list or random), and sees if anyone picks up. In the process, cleaning out any disconnected numbers, non-answering numbers, etc.
Old 05-18-06, 12:25 PM

*knock on wood* i haven't gotten any this week yet - so maybe my requests to get taken off the list finally got pushed thru.