Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Fantoma "sale"??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-05, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantoma "sale"??

Visited the Fantoma website today, and saw 30% off all DVDs plastered across the main page. Even get another 10% off if you spend $50, and a free Forbidden Zone poster. WOW...too good to pass up, I thought, so I started stocking my cart with some great Fantoma titles that had been lurking on my wish list.

And then...well, things went horribly wrong. First, the prices change when you place an item in your cart. Sometimes they go up, even though at the top of the view cart page it clearly states "if applicable, promotional discounts already included in total". So, for example, I had several of the Educational Archives discs, which when browsing the store are listed at $11.77, but end up in your cart at $12.56!!?? Other titles are less than the browsing price in your cart, but nowhere near the supposed 30% off. There is a coupon at the bottom of the basket that takes 10% off the total when you go over $50, at least that seems to be working.... I thought maybe the full discount would be taken later in the check out process, but instead you get slammed with OUTRAGEOUS shipping charges that negate any supposed savings (I had 15 DVDs and a shipping charge of $63).

Am I missing something here? If indeed I can get 40% off these titles and a reasonable shipping charge I might be persuaded to make a purchase.

Last edited by JerryKILL; 12-09-05 at 06:52 PM.