Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '05

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '05

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
2. The $5 off of your first online order of $30 or more is still active-
columbiahouse.com/webdvd(if you don't fulfill right away, they sometimes will email you an offer of $10 off of your first online order).
Though I had used them in the past, I do not count the web coupons after the huge ordeal I went through last time I used one. The last time I used a web coupon, they refused to count my entire order as "regular price" making them all disqualified as fulfillments. Not even a single item. I spent about 45 minutes arguing for them to count ONE of the items as regular price very aggressively. Frankly, I almost wanted to cry because they were so mean to me . Then I had to call them 3 more times because they somehow screwed up the first time I called. That's why I won't use a coupon on the fulfillments -- ended up costing me much more than it saved me. If you are saying it still works, then maybe the CSR and manager both didn't know their own policy...

That is a good code though, and I didn't know about a B1G1 w/ free shipping. Hoping for a B1G1 w/ free shipping would come to $5.62/dvd for the ultimate deal for me ($61.8/11), after tax. But since I've never seen it, I just assume the occasional free shipping on 3+ is the lowest it can go.

As for anime, I've bought Princess Mononoke, Memories, Millennium Actress, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Angel Sanctuary, 4x Fruits Basket, and Wrath of the Ninja through them. I wish I had used it on Metropolis.
Old 12-07-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trouble with CH. They can sometimes be a pain in the ass, but I find that it's worth the trouble to get $5 DVDs. The next time that you encounter a problem with them, try e-mailing them directly at [email protected] . The online contact form is a waste of time because they only send back canned replies. Calling isn't good because it all depends on which CSR you get and what mood they are in and there's no record of a call like there is with e-mail. Also, not to sound politically incorrect, but I can hardly ever understand the CSR's broken Engilsh. I've always had great success getting problems resolved by e-mailing them directly.
Old 12-08-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A few new updates!
Old 12-08-05, 07:22 PM

Ugh! Rightstuf doesn't have Burst Angel vol. 1 with box, which was what I was really hoping to track down. Any recommendations on where I could get a decent deal on that?

Thanks,

-B
Old 12-08-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When you're looking for a specific deal, and it's not here, I'd try DVD Price Search.
Old 12-08-05, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Abbadon74
Ugh! Rightstuf doesn't have Burst Angel vol. 1 with box, which was what I was really hoping to track down. Any recommendations on where I could get a decent deal on that?

Thanks,

-B

Best Buy. Both my BB's still have copies.
Old 12-08-05, 10:38 PM

Has anyone who ordered Saikano from Outpost.com had their order ship yet? Mine's been on backorder for a couple days so far and I'm hoping the chances are good that it'll actually ship.
Old 12-08-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I decided to go ahead and order a copy tonight based on the reviews at AOD, so I hope that it does ship. It seems like it would since it's a recent release... They should be getting more in, I'd think. I really wish they wouldn't charge you right away.
Old 12-09-05, 12:37 AM

Does anyone here watch Samurai 7? Being discounted I was considering getting it. I'm usually not a huge fan of giant robot anime.. I enjoy more character pieces with action, like Bebop or Trigun or Berserk.

If you know of any good reviews, please link
Old 12-09-05, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There was some talk about Samurai 7 towards the end of last month's thread, and you can find reviews on both DVDTalk and AnimeOnDVD.com. Hope that helps.

I'd personally recommend it, but I've only seen Volume 1.
Old 12-09-05, 09:20 AM

I would love to order the saikano set, but outpost charges tax in ca. They charge tax after they add the shipping, that doesnt seem right. I still havent receive the jubei-chan dvds yet. Anyone know anywhere else beside bestbuy to get azumanga vol 6 around $15 or under? My bestbuy doesnt carry it anymore.
Old 12-09-05, 04:46 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Originally Posted by Ngu_yen
I would love to order the saikano set, but outpost charges tax in ca. They charge tax after they add the shipping, that doesnt seem right. I still havent receive the jubei-chan dvds yet. Anyone know anywhere else beside bestbuy to get azumanga vol 6 around $15 or under? My bestbuy doesnt carry it anymore.
I cancelled my Saikano set after finding out it's not anamorphic, but 4:3 letterboxed.
Old 12-09-05, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ngu_yen
I would love to order the saikano set, but outpost charges tax in ca. They charge tax after they add the shipping, that doesnt seem right.
I get charged tax (CA) also, so I had my friend in VA order a Saikano set for me and him. Shipping to VA is about 20% cheaper on top of it. Saved at least $7 between the two of us after he ships me mine.

I already have Saikano, but I paid $80 for my singles. I couldn't pass up this $20 set, laughing at me. Is it really non-anamorphic letterbox? While that is a disappointment, the singles were no less than gorgeous!

Last edited by Gamelore; 12-09-05 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-10-05, 12:43 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gamelore
I already have Saikano, but I paid $80 for my singles. I couldn't pass up this $20 set, laughing at me. Is it really non-anamorphic letterbox? While that is a disappointment, the singles were no less than gorgeous!
I won't laugh at you. I might double dip on the $20 set as well, considering that the new set has some brand new extras.

I believe that the R2J release is also letterboxed. In all likelihood, VIZ didn't get a better source than the R2 to begin with
Old 12-11-05, 02:15 AM

If you want to save on the shipping charges at Outpost and have a Fry's Electronics store in your city, the SAIKANO deal is also good instore. The store in City of Industry, CA had four copies of the set and they were all stickered at $19.99. Also, Fry's has LOVE HINA Vol. 6 for $6.99, which is not reflected on the Outpost website.
Old 12-11-05, 03:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Madlax - Buy 2, save $5 at bestbuy.com this week.

http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?i...&type=category
Old 12-11-05, 02:14 PM

Did they have any Love Hina 6 left at the City of Industry store too? That's the closest Fry's to me (42 miles). I'm doing my master's defense tomorrow so I am Um... sorta busy, but I want to go!
Old 12-11-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated. And damn, wasn't able to score the Saikano set B&M. It was nowhere to be found!
Old 12-11-05, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gamelore
Did they have any Love Hina 6 left at the City of Industry store too? That's the closest Fry's to me (42 miles). I'm doing my master's defense tomorrow so I am Um... sorta busy, but I want to go!
Yeah, the City of Industry store had multiple copies of LOVE HINA 6. I think there were a couple on the shelf in the anime section, but they also have a small box by the wall filled with $6.99 anime sale titles (mostly ARGENTOSOMA, .HACK//SIGN, GENESHAFT, etc.) that had at least four copies of LOVE HINA 6.

One thing about the City of Industry Fry's is that they have most of their anime boxsets bunched together with the documentary DVDs on a shelf that is separate from the rest of the DVD section. So, if you're looking for the anime boxsets, you have to sort of stray away from the main DVD section.
Old 12-12-05, 01:07 AM

I'll head out to the brubank frys tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll still have some Saikano set left. I'll keep an eye out for any cheap anime and will report back.

Last edited by toogood; 12-12-05 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-13-05, 12:36 AM

Okay, so after I passed my defense, I drove out to City of Industry Fry's. They had 0 Saikano box sets in stock, but there is 1 left in Burbank, toogood. I did, however, pick up Love Hina 6 (there were still 4 left), and Junkers Come Here for $6.99.

edit: Woot! The 12 days of Christmas sale started today w/ Inu Yasha Season 1 $49.99. Glad they are doing it again this year. I bought 3 of the 12 offers last year

Last edited by Gamelore; 12-13-05 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-13-05, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

New lowest price on Revolutionary Girl Utena: Rose Collection, however, it shows up as a pre-release (Feb. '06), which probably means it'll pop up cheaper elsewhere before too long. Just thought I'd throw it up there for those who might be interested for the time being.

Edit: Is the 12 Days of Christmas stuff showing up on the home page? Because I don't see it yet. Still just the Seven Samurai a Saving.

Last edited by justbarelymovin; 12-13-05 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-13-05, 10:24 AM

http://www.rightstuf.com/mail-templa...05/index.shtml
This year it's a small flash banner that kinda looks like an ad.
Old 12-13-05, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thank you, sir. Got it!
Old 12-13-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rightstuf.com (Day 1 out of 12)

Inu Yasha Season 1 Box Set $49.99 (50% off) with Free Shipping & Taxes. If you have Anime Discount Membership you save extra 10% off

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.