Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Aviator and Million Dollar Baby: $10.82 for both

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Aviator and Million Dollar Baby: $10.82 for both

Old 12-22-05, 10:22 AM
  #76  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Anytown, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,224
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see. Perhaps I jumped the gun on cancelling my order eh?
Old 12-23-05, 11:22 AM
  #77  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowjacket621
I just cancelled my Amazon order and got the set for $9.49 at Costco.
Does anyone know how long these 2 packs will be $9.49 at Costco?

I'd like to get a couple of these packs, but I won't be able to make it there until later during the week after Christmas. The sale will probably be over...

By the way, I checked my Walmart for these 2 packs and they had every single one of these packs in FULL SCREEN only (except Ocean's Twelve/Starsky & Hutch). I don't know if only my Walmart is so lame or if they were mostly full screens everywhere else too.
Old 12-23-05, 11:26 AM
  #78  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,049
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Manzana
Does anyone know how long these 2 packs will be $9.49 at Costco?

I'd like to get a couple of these packs, but I won't be able to make it there until later during the week after Christmas. The sale will probably be over...

By the way, I checked my Walmart for these 2 packs and they had every single one of these packs in FULL SCREEN only (except Ocean's Twelve/Starsky & Hutch). I don't know if only my Walmart is so lame or if they were mostly full screens everywhere else too.
$9.49 is Costco's everyday price. Your only concern will be whether they'll have any left. It was also the same price at Sam's.
Old 12-30-05, 08:28 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neither my local Costco, Borders, nor Walmart has any of these 2-packs (at least not that I can find) in stock, and I'm not a member of Sam's Club so I'd have to pay an extra 10% if they had any.

So I placed an order for The Aviator/Million Dollar Baby and Alexander/Constantine for $10.99 each at Amazon, plus something else to push the total over $25. Since Amazon says the expected delivery is about 5 weeks, should I be worried that these are out of print and they won't get any more? Or will I most likely get them in 5 weeks or less?
Old 12-30-05, 09:14 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,652
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got mine from Amazon today. Thanks OP!!!
Old 12-30-05, 10:04 PM
  #81  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,049
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Manzana
Neither my local Costco, Borders, nor Walmart has any of these 2-packs (at least not that I can find) in stock, and I'm not a member of Sam's Club so I'd have to pay an extra 10% if they had any.

So I placed an order for The Aviator/Million Dollar Baby and Alexander/Constantine for $10.99 each at Amazon, plus something else to push the total over $25. Since Amazon says the expected delivery is about 5 weeks, should I be worried that these are out of print and they won't get any more? Or will I most likely get them in 5 weeks or less?
You might want to cancel your order. Circuit City has them for $9.99 in Sunday's (1/1/06) ads.
Old 12-31-05, 09:46 AM
  #82  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These were $9.99 at BJs here in MA. I got the Million Dollar Baby/Aviator WS one for Xmas. I already had MDB went to WM and told them about this (that I got it for Xmas and it was bought at BJs) and they told me I could exchange it for a different DVD up to the same value ($18.98). So I got Dark Water unrated. Happy with that.
Old 12-31-05, 12:50 PM
  #83  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GMan2819
You might want to cancel your order. Circuit City has them for $9.99 in Sunday's (1/1/06) ads.
Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't find the usual post mentioning the upcoming Sunday ad prices, so I didn't know. The way I look at it $9.99 + tax is about the same as $10.99 without tax (especially since I have a Borders gift card I have to use by February). If I manage to get widescreen versions of both packs at Circuit City for $9.99, then I'll cancel Amazon if it hasn't already shipped (which seems unlikely given the 5 week estimated delivery).

However, my experience is that my Circuit City gets very few items in stock and they are often gone by Monday, and next week I won't be able to make it until Wednesday.

Does Best Buy have these same 2 packs? I didn't see them anywhere, but maybe I missed them. I'd prefer to get them from Best Buy with a PM than Circuit City.

I know Walmart and Costco are out of them, and nobody at either place can ever tell me if or when they may be getting more of anything. In fact (as a dig against Walmart) for a store that has supposedly the greatest inventory system in the world giving everyone "low prices", I've never cease to be amazed how Walmart electronics employees not only don't know what DVDs they carry or where to find them on the shelves but they say they have no computer system to look up current inventory on. I know of no other store that can't tell you if they have something in stock, but the great Walmart can't... correction... chooses not to because they could if they wanted to. Just my opinions.

Last edited by Manzana; 12-31-05 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-04-06, 12:04 PM
  #84  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Joliet, Illinois
Posts: 625
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up the last 2 pack here in the Joliet. IL CC store yesterday. Great price and WS too, unlike at WalMart where all the 2 packs I seen there were in FS.
Old 01-04-06, 12:14 PM
  #85  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to CC and picked up the Aviator/MDB two pack. Both two disc and widescreen editions.

Not bad. I might go back and get Oceans 12 and S&H. It's almost the price of a rental for each movie.
Old 01-15-06, 01:28 AM
  #86  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,826
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got shipping confirmation from Amazon today. And my order was free because I emailed them and complained that this was supposed to a Christmas gift.
Old 01-15-06, 03:30 AM
  #87  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 7,337
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
I finally got shipping confirmation from Amazon today. And my order was free because I emailed them and complained that this was supposed to a Christmas gift.
Ouch!
Old 01-16-06, 10:00 AM
  #88  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Jeckyl Island
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this at 10$ Canadian at Walmart. It came with a bonus disc which isn't really anything to brag about but for 10 bucks...plus it's before they started doing that damn biligual crap!!!
Old 01-17-06, 08:17 AM
  #89  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: under your desk
Posts: 310
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gcomeau
Got this at 10$ Canadian at Walmart. It came with a bonus disc which isn't really anything to brag about but for 10 bucks...plus it's before they started doing that damn biligual crap!!!

So you bought both DVD ( in widescreen ?) plus a bonus dvd for 10 bucks, without the french writing on the packaging at a walmart in Canada?

Thanks
Old 01-17-06, 08:55 AM
  #90  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Jeckyl Island
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billy, exactly!!! I couldn't believe it myself!!!
Old 01-18-06, 08:39 AM
  #91  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,826
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received my order from Amazon this past Monday which surprised me since I had just received shipping confirmation on Saturday.

And for those still interested in getting these, Amazon is now showing them in stock and as "usually shipping within 24 hours".
Old 01-18-06, 10:23 AM
  #92  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
dollfins1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,308
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine came today too!
Old 01-19-06, 12:10 PM
  #93  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 16,699
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
...And for those still interested in getting these, Amazon is now showing them in stock and as "usually shipping within 24 hours".
It's back to two to five weeks:

"Availability: This title usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks."

I was going to be placing a magazine subscription through anyway so I went ahead and ordered this; the total is over $25 so I will be getting free delivery. $11 for both is cheap, especially considering that I haven't seen either and want to watch them, thus would have rented them eventually at a cost of $3 or so each. I can wait two to five more weeks.

What's strange is that the price for widescreen is $10.99, but the price for fullscreen is $13.99. I ordered the widescreen version of course.

Edit: I checked the status, the estimated delivery date of Aviator/Million Dollar Baby is January 30, 2006 to February 1, 2006. So they say two to five weeks, but it looks like it'll be a lot closer to the two.

Last edited by Heat; 01-19-06 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 12:09 PM
  #94  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 16,699
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update: Aviator / Million Dollar Baby is back in stock at Amazon ("usually ships within 24 hours") and my order has been shipped.

And the price is now $10.99, not $10.82.
Old 01-26-06, 05:16 PM
  #95  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,790
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
Update: Aviator / Million Dollar Baby is back in stock at Amazon ("usually ships within 24 hours") and my order has been shipped.

And the price is now $10.99, not $10.82.
Pi/2 Discount brings it down to $10.82
Old 01-27-06, 12:21 AM
  #96  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 16,699
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pi/2?
Old 01-27-06, 06:40 AM
  #97  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you start using the search engine (box towards the top right on the main page) they will after a while start giving you 1.57% (π/2) off your orders, which will be shown as activated when π/2 appears in the amazon logo when you're logged into their site. Then you have to use the search engine a couple of times a week to keep the discount active.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.