Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Underworld LE? (price drop)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Underworld LE? (price drop)

I saw this when I was looking through comingsoon.net's dvd release time table to see how much January is going to cost me. (and it is not pretty) Anyway, I followed the link to Amazon, and it is the 2-Disc Unrated Extended Cut picture with a bonus disc with the cover art of Underworld: Evalution on it. The best part you ask? it is only 14.95. The cheapest I can find the 2-discer is 24.14 from DDD. Not too sure about the LE part, but that is what comingsoon.net called it.
Old 11-25-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 11-25-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is just a price drop with an added disc to promote the sequel. The bonus disc is probably some fluff promo piece on Evolution. The limited edition is probably not worth a double or triple dip, but if you do not already own Underworld, this is a bargain. Although, getting this through Columbia House would still be cheaper overall.

Sony's web page lists the contents as "sneak Peek Bonus Disc of Underworld: Evolution."
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...396132931.html

DVD Empire is selling the "limited edition" at $13.00.
Old 11-25-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Here's what I don't understand about these things. DVDs are dirt cheap for the studios. Why not drop this for free in stores or via the web. It would create a good buzz for the picture, and it will buy you good will with potential viewers. By making it available only in an already-existing edition, you cut down on your audience dramatically, and they should know people will bitch about "fluff EPK" stuff when if it were free their reactions would be very different. Foolish.

EDIT: This was not a knock on your comments at all fryingpan. I would have used the same exact words you did (fluff promo).

Last edited by Qui Gon Jim; 11-25-05 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-25-05, 09:07 PM

I have the superbit of the first film. I'll wait for a trilogy boxset of the EXTENDED eidtions. Suppose to make 3 films for this franchise, right?
Old 11-25-05, 09:49 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by John*D
I have the superbit of the first film. I'll wait for a trilogy boxset of the EXTENDED eidtions. Suppose to make 3 films for this franchise, right?

yes they are.
Old 11-26-05, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by gijon213
I saw this when I was looking through comingsoon.net's dvd release time table to see how much January is going to cost me. (and it is not pretty) Anyway, I followed the link to Amazon, and it is the 2-Disc Unrated Extended Cut picture with a bonus disc with the cover art of Underworld: Evalution on it. The best part you ask? it is only 14.95. The cheapest I can find the 2-discer is 24.14 from DDD. Not too sure about the LE part, but that is what comingsoon.net called it.

A link would be nice. I went to comingsoon, I looked through Jan and Feb and see no such thing. I don't see it at Amazon either.
Old 11-26-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Check it out at comingsoon.net right here. Look at the bottom of Jan 10th. If you follow the link, it takes you right to Amazon.com.
Old 11-26-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by John*D
The third film will probably depend on how well the second film does.

Also, Amazon and buy.com list the limited edition with a January 10, 2006 release date; however, overstock and dvdempire list it with a January 17, 2006 release date.
Old 11-27-05, 02:10 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sony's LEs and giftsets seem to be coming down in price. I saw Spiderman 2 giftset and various giftsets selling for $16.99 at Costco today.

How I wish the older Seinfeld seasons/giftset would get a price drop too
Old 12-05-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just picked up the Extended Cut on Amazon for $15.97. Had had my eye on this for awhile, and finally caved when I noticed DDD and every other online vendor still had it priced at $24+, with B&M prices hovering around $30. Thanks to the OP for mentioning this.