(DEAD) Queen Crown Jewels Box Set - $5.00

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Queen Crown Jewels Box Set - $5.00

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-05, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I"m more concerned about this awful review of the set, but at $5, this is unbeatable.
Originally Posted by runner001
I didn't realize we were allowed to promote eBay listings here.

also, if its truely Disney that's offering the item, why wouldn't they offer it on their own site instead of paying eBay fees?

$5.00 x 50 plus ~ $6.00 shipping per item = $550.00

and I'll second the suspicious nature of the high negative AND private feedbacks.
Sheesh people. It's FIVE DOLLARS.

It's the first EIGHT Queen albums and, contrary to that allmusic review, there are some [like myself] that like albums to be remastered and presented the way they were originally released. Try listening to such "complete" albums as Bat Out Of Hell or Operation: Mindcrime with the "remixes" or bonus tracks tacked on the end. It totally destroys the original flow of the album.

It's your loss if you don't grab this.

Oh, and here's the previous thread from last year when I ordered. Perhaps some of the others will chime in or you can email 'em with any questions.

Fuck. I'm gonna start sounding like a Disney shill pretty soon..
Old 11-20-05, 09:03 PM

I had purchased one of these from the same seller about a year ago at $35 plus S&H. It arrived without incident, was brand new still sealed.

At this price it's a no-brainer. Talk about hella cheap Christmas gifts!!!

(not to mention resale profit potential... )

Last edited by dharding; 11-20-05 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-20-05, 09:11 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks OP, I ordered one.

Not sure if I'll keep it or give it as a gift, but either way, I could not pass this up.
Old 11-20-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm a big fan. I have two of these albums already as well as a number of others, but for five dollars, I have to pick it up for the presentation alone.
Old 11-20-05, 10:07 PM

In for one as well...

Thanks for the find! Hopefully it comes through (crosses fingers)
Old 11-20-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never bought anything on ebay before so can someone walk me through this? I'm not supposed to use the buy it now button but their checkout button and then enter username/email (is this safe?)?

I tried that but it says it doesn't recognize me or come back after the auction ended (which makes no sense). Or am I supposed to use the buy it now button and their checkout button?
Old 11-20-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ya'll can probably try logging in now... it just worked for me.

$10.95 for a box of Queen! This is going right next to my Metallica and Led Zeppelin sets.

Oh, and much thanks to the OP!

*goes to sell off his previously half-full Queen record collection*

Originally Posted by abintra
I've never bought anything on ebay before so can someone walk me through this? I'm not supposed to use the buy it now button but their checkout button and then enter username/email (is this safe?)?

I tried that but it says it doesn't recognize me or come back after the auction ended (which makes no sense). Or am I supposed to use the buy it now button and their checkout button?
Just keep trying every once in a while, as it takes a few hours before they allow you to complete the transaction.
Old 11-20-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DrGerbil
Just keep trying every once in a while, as it takes a few hours before they allow you to complete the transaction.
Does that mean I need to use the ebay buy it now button and then also use their checkout button?
Old 11-20-05, 10:46 PM
mbs

Originally Posted by abintra
Does that mean I need to use the ebay buy it now button and then also use their checkout button?
Yes.

First use the buy it now button on eBay. Then (it took a couple hours), use the link in their item description to checkout.
Old 11-20-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought this last year for $35 and thought it was a steal then. Awesome set, great albums, and an absolute no-brainer at $5!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Picked up 3 for holiday presents--several friends will love this gift!)

The "awful review" is not that at all. The reviewer just complained that for the (full) price, the CDs were not 'better' than the other single-album releases that included extras. I for one am happier to have the original albums as released, just as I remember them (well, I had about half of them!). For $35, I'm sure the reviewer would advise running out and buying te set. At $5, well, why are you still reading this? Grab one! $^)
Old 11-20-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mbs
Yes.

First use the buy it now button on eBay. Then (it took a couple hours), use the link in their item description to checkout.
Thanks. Obviously an obtuse moment.
Old 11-20-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Looks like this is dead. Second deal I've missed out on tonight!
Old 11-20-05, 11:42 PM

It looks like it was a mistake. Disney has sold a ton of those on eBay at $35, and have another open auction on them for the $35 price: Auction

Congrats to those who got in on the deal!
Old 11-21-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lots of negative feedback, won't let you see feedback comments, won't take Paypal.... it's not a deal at that point.
Old 11-21-05, 12:24 AM
mbs

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Lots of negative feedback, won't let you see feedback comments, won't take Paypal.... it's not a deal at that point.
You have a point, aside from the reports here of people successfully dealing with them.

And while they do have a lot of negative feedback, they have MUCH, MUCH more positive feedback (this month is 99.3% positive).

They do a LOT of business on eBay, it appears, probably have poor CS, but I see no reason to think we won't be getting the sets.
Old 11-21-05, 12:58 AM

Available now for $35, no longer a deal.
Old 11-21-05, 04:10 AM

Bad feed back and such aside, I would have gambled for $5.
Old 11-21-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 666 Posts
Interesting. They sent me their checkout email but it keeps saying I am putting in invalid credit card info. Guess I will have to contact their customer service to get it pushed thru.
Old 11-21-05, 07:21 AM

I got the checkout e-mail, went throught the checkout process, entered my credit card information, and had no problem completing the purchase and getting an order number. Total came to $10.95. Sweet deal.
Old 11-21-05, 09:37 AM

Darn, woulda been sweet to have another set for $5 as a gift. Just another to claim that the set was fine when it came last year for me at 35 + s&h.
Old 11-21-05, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=dharding]Shipping gets quite more reasonable with larger quantities too. I ended up buying 16. Total including shipping was $101.95 = $6.37 net per set. Checkout and payment went through just fine.

You bought 16!?!?
That's not so cool, you should have let more of our DVDTalk brothers & sisters get in on the deal. In any case, I wouldn't brag about getting that quantity or people that missed out on the deal are going to be pissed (and rightfully so!)
Old 11-21-05, 11:40 AM

16?!
Not cool AT ALL, hoarder --explains why I couldn't get in on this, to get my one set.
At least be smart enuff to not brag/show off--didn't you see the scene in 'Good Fellas'?!
Old 11-21-05, 12:00 PM

Well, if this is really Disney, they have as much negative feedback as I would give their Disney Store Representatives.

Private Feedback too? Sorry folks, but thats just asking for trouble.
Old 11-21-05, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by jayceman
16?!
Not cool AT ALL, hoarder --explains why I couldn't get in on this, to get my one set.
At least be smart enuff to not brag/show off--didn't you see the scene in 'Good Fellas'?!
I was thinking the same thing. I could see getting a few for gifts but 16?
Old 11-21-05, 12:44 PM

Proper DVDTalk manners would say try to get 1 of the "price error" product so as many of your DVDTalk bros & sisters can get in on the deal. The purpose of this forum is to save all the users $$ not to tell us what a good deal YOU got.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.