Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Deals - TV Seasons, A&E shows, etc (merged /w other threads)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon Deals - TV Seasons, A&E shows, etc (merged /w other threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, thanks for the heads up! Picked up AD and Wonderfalls, thanks to the recs I've seen on this site. Both are blind buys and I'm really looking forward to them.

Man, add this to the DDD sale and my credit card is taking a nice hit.
Old 11-18-05, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Helene13
Wow, thanks for the heads up! Picked up AD and Wonderfalls, thanks to the recs I've seen on this site. Both are blind buys and I'm really looking forward to them.

WONDERFALLS is a great show!

I want to pick up Pretender S2 and Roswell S3.
Old 11-18-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I feel like I've been pimping foxstore.com lately(I mentioned it in a Buffy thread), but they should have a 50% off sale in March. They have had this sale for the last few years, so I think that it's a safe bet that they'll do it again in 2006. The $29.97 sets at Amazon should be $23.99 and the $19.97 sets should be $14.99-$15.99 during this sale. I'm hoping that they will still have the Buffy set available in March(it's currently $159.98, so it should be $79.99 on sale). If you don't want to wait and don't mind spending just a few extra bucks, then the Amazon deal is quite excellent. Thanks for the post Quake.

Hmmmm, how's Amazon deal is better than the DDD 20% deal? DDD has the Buffy Chosen set for $112, which is really $30 more than the "possible" 50% sale in March 2006. For $30 more, you can have it now and not worry about "out of print" (if it's LE), i think i can live with it.
Old 11-18-05, 10:12 AM

I also picked up AD seasons 1 and 2 with this deal. Ive only watched the show basically once but I thought it was pretty darn good. I have a tough time developing a regular TV watching pattern so im sorry I didnt do my part to keep the ratings up
Old 11-19-05, 01:13 AM

I ordered Arrested Development Seasons 1 and 2 and was given an order total of $31.94 when I checked out because of the $10 off special. I went with free shipping. They chose to ship the seasons separately. But they charged me $21.97 and $19.97 for the two seasons for a grand total of $41.94. When I check the order in my account it doesn't even mention the $10 discount. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 11-19-05, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by boku68
I ordered Arrested Development Seasons 1 and 2 and was given an order total of $31.94 when I checked out because of the $10 off special. I went with free shipping. They chose to ship the seasons separately. But they charged me $21.97 and $19.97 for the two seasons for a grand total of $41.94. When I check the order in my account it doesn't even mention the $10 discount. Anyone else having this problem?
Just send customer service an e-mail and they should fix it. First of all, this is a clear mistake on their part, so they should honor the deal. Second, I've been sending a bunch of e-mails to their customer service lately for price adjustments and more often than not, they grant them.

For instance I had preordered Arrested Development Season 2 months ago with Star Wars ROTS--price was $27.99. These shipped on October 31st I believe. Then they did this price reduction to like $21, and I e-mailed them for a price adjustment since it had recently shipped. They gave me the refund no problem.

Then I ordered a Walt Disney Treasure at like $27, then it dropped to about $24. I e-mailed them and they refunded the difference. Of course, with typical Amazon screwy pricing, the same item was at $29 the next day. But I got to customer service at the right time.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but you should just e-mail them and they'll take care of it.
Old 11-19-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My sets came today . I love Amazon's free shipping, always 2 days to my door.
Old 11-19-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Add Season One to your cart, and then add Season Two. Buy both and save $10, so it comes out to $31.94 total, and it ships free with the Super Saver Shipping. Turns out to be a little cheaper than the upcoming sale at Best Buy on that day, plus you don't have to get up at 5am to get it .
Damn that's a great deal - so great, in fact, that I caved and bought it as a blind buy. Thanks!
Old 11-19-05, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
Just send customer service an e-mail and they should fix it. First of all, this is a clear mistake on their part, so they should honor the deal. Second, I've been sending a bunch of e-mails to their customer service lately for price adjustments and more often than not, they grant them.

For instance I had preordered Arrested Development Season 2 months ago with Star Wars ROTS--price was $27.99. These shipped on October 31st I believe. Then they did this price reduction to like $21, and I e-mailed them for a price adjustment since it had recently shipped. They gave me the refund no problem.

Then I ordered a Walt Disney Treasure at like $27, then it dropped to about $24. I e-mailed them and they refunded the difference. Of course, with typical Amazon screwy pricing, the same item was at $29 the next day. But I got to customer service at the right time.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but you should just e-mail them and they'll take care of it.

I e-mailed them and they credited my account $10. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-20-05, 12:15 AM
Cool New Member

My sets came today . I love Amazon's free shipping, always 2 days to my door
Is that how it usually is? When I ordered both sets, it said "usually ships in 24 hours". I ordered mine on Thursday and it's not even scheduled to ship until Friday the 25th. I thought it was out of stock or something, but don't see any sign of that.
Old 11-20-05, 12:25 AM

does anyone know how long these sales usually last? i want to get AD, but i'm expecting a $10 amazon gc in the mail for some survey i did and would like to wait till i get that.
Old 11-20-05, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by wennma01
does anyone know how long these sales usually last? i want to get AD, but i'm expecting a $10 amazon gc in the mail for some survey i did and would like to wait till i get that.

What survey did you do. Is it still running?
Old 11-20-05, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Christi P
What survey did you do. Is it still running?
it was just on my campus. it had something to do with the nielson cable ratings and what college-themed tv stations i watch. i was able to get three so i sent one each to my two e-mail accounts and one through snail mail to make sure that i got all three. i got the 2 in my e-mail and i'm waiting on the third
Old 11-21-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

AD package question

Did everyone else NOT get the outer orange slipcover for Arrested Development Season 2?

I just have the white box with the three slim cases in it. It doesn't even have the DVD specs or a barcode on the back. I thought they sent me 2 season 1's at first.

Also, shouldn't these be digi-paks? The disks in both sets are in 3 slim DVD cases.
Old 11-21-05, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Did everyone else NOT get the outer orange slipcover for Arrested Development Season 2?

I just have the white box with the three slim cases in it. It doesn't even have the DVD specs or a barcode on the back. I thought they sent me 2 season 1's at first.

Also, shouldn't these be digi-paks? The disks in both sets are in 3 slim DVD cases.
I bought my Season 1 in a brick and mortar store and it, too, came in 3 slim DVD cases.
Old 11-21-05, 10:50 AM

My AD Season 2 is also missing the outer orange slipcover. No specs and no barcode. I think this was a manufacturing error. The set is shrink wrapped with a sticker applied on TOP of the shrink wrap that says "Winner 5 Emmy awards including 2004 Best Comedy Series"

20th Century Fox probably ran out of the orange slipcovers and decided to go ahead and shrink wrap and ship without it. (My guess is that Fox sent these slipcover-less sets to online retailers only, since you would not be able to sell them at brick and morter stores such as Wally World, Target, CC, etc. because there is no barcode for the cashier to scan...

My AD season 1 are in 3 slim line DVD cases. My slipcover-less AD season 2 is also packaged in 3 slim line DVD cases....

What recourse do we have, other than try to do an exchange and hope that they have copies with the orange slipcover?

Last edited by DeepSleep; 11-21-05 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-21-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
My AD Season 2 is also missing the outer orange slipcover. No specs and no barcode. I think this was a manufacturing error. The set is shrink wrapped with a sticker applied on TOP of the shrink wrap that says "Winner 5 Emmy awards including 2004 Best Comedy Series"

My AD season 1 are in 3 slim line DVD cases. My slipcover-less AD season 2 is also packaged in 3 slim line DVD cases....

What recourse do we have, other than try to do an exchange and hope that they have copies with the orange slipcover?
Yeah, I saw its all slim cases at FYE just now. Not sure why I thought they were digi-paks.

Mine has the sticker on the shrink wrap too. I'm going to try to contact FOX and see if they'll send one to me. Anyone know the #?

Here's a camera phone pic I just took of it:

Last edited by Snowmaker; 11-21-05 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-21-05, 10:08 PM

Thanks for posting this deal. I had never picked these up until now. Just received my order today, and mine does have the orange slip sleeve.

--Matt
Old 11-21-05, 11:19 PM

I got mine today and the season 2 have a white cover instead of orange. Is this a bootleg one? There is not barcode or anything.
Old 11-22-05, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheHulkDeals
I got mine today and the season 2 have a white cover instead of orange. Is this a bootleg one? There is not barcode or anything.
No, what we got is what's inside of the orange slipcover.

I called FOX yesterday and they're going to send me the missing cover.
Old 11-22-05, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Snowmaker
No, what we got is what's inside of the orange slipcover.
That's pretty good of Fox. Would you mind telling me what number you called to get one? And did they charge you shipping for it?

Thanks a lot
Old 11-22-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by evophile
That's pretty good of Fox. Would you mind telling me what number you called to get one? And did they charge you shipping for it?

Thanks a lot
The one in here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339191

No charge, I just had to email her my Amazon order confirmation.
Old 11-22-05, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got my order today with Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrested Development. And Season 2 had the orange cover. My only problem was that my order has said shipping soon since Saturday and I didn't expect it to be here today. And I had used the free 2 day shipping with AMazon Prime and instead it arrived via 1 day shipping.
Old 11-22-05, 07:40 PM

Got my order today -- that was some fast shipping. (I'm still waiting for my DDD orders.) My Season 2 of Arrested Development did have the orange cover. But my copy of Wonderfalls had a "Thanks for shopping your BX/PX" sticker on the back.
Old 11-23-05, 04:37 PM

The one in here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339191

No charge, I just had to email her my Amazon order confirmation.
That's funny... I just called the same number and explained the situation. The first question from the CSR's was where had I purchased it from and right after I said DDD, she said they can't do anything about 3rd party sources. I told her multiple people were reporting the same problem, and from 2 different sources (Amazon, DDD at least) and she just said contact DDD and see what they say. So now I have to send it back to DDD at my cost and wait for it again simply because Fox can't manufacture something correctly.
Thanks Fox!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.