Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Abbot and Costello V4, which B&Ms will carry?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 11:16 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If this is a double posting, my apologies. Searching seems to be disabled.

The Abbott and Costello Voume 4 set is scheduled to be released Tuesday (Oct 4). I haven't seen any B&M advertising for this. Does anyone know which stores might be carrying it? Target carried previous versions, but their Sunday ad didn't mention it.
Old 10-03-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No ads listed this
Old 10-03-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know what Universal is thinking... this set offers less and costs more than previous sets. I bought the first three but I'll pass on this one.
Old 10-03-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm, more DVD-18 goodness. I want this set, but I will wait to hear how many playback problems people have first.
Old 10-03-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darkside
Hmm, more DVD-18 goodness. I want this set, but I will wait to hear how many playback problems people have first.
Same here...that's why I'm hoping Costco will carry it (as they have previously stocked most, if not all, of Universal's Franchise Collections so far.)
Old 11-19-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone who bought Volume 4 get an insert or booklet inside? There is an empty pouch and the titles are written above and below the pouch, but there's absolutely nothing that tells you which movies are on what discs or side. Obviously you can take an educated guess, but I'm surprised how unhelpful this is.

That's why I'm wondering if it's supposed to come with an insert and they forgot mine, or if they don't care if they make things difficult on the consumer to save a few pennies?
Old 11-19-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Did anyone who bought Volume 4 get an insert or booklet inside? There is an empty pouch and the titles are written above and below the pouch, but there's absolutely nothing that tells you which movies are on what discs or side. Obviously you can take an educated guess, but I'm surprised how unhelpful this is.

That's why I'm wondering if it's supposed to come with an insert and they forgot mine, or if they don't care if they make things difficult on the consumer to save a few pennies?
Just received mine from DDD. The only insert was a TCM ad.
Old 11-19-05, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks, garolo, for the speedy reply! My Vol. 4 didn't even have the TCM ad inside.

From this thread it's becoming pretty clear that soon almost no DVDs will come with inserts to save a few pennies. Instead of having a thread saying which DVDs DON'T have inserts, it would be easier to have a thread saying which DVDs DO have inserts because those with inserts will soon be the minority (if they aren't already).