Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Bargains on DVD storage racks/furniture?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Bargains on DVD storage racks/furniture?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ginwen
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=ATA435182

It's on page 7 of the other link if mine doesn't work.
It would be very, very much appreciated, and I would love you forever (or at least a day) if anyone could tell me how good these shelves are. We're looking at ordering three of them to sit side by side, and I was wondering appearance, and overall quality. Hoping to order them today to get them asap since we just moved!

Thank you!!
Old 11-11-05, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uh, only for those on a real low budget.
Old 11-11-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by New Rambler
that's awesome.
Old 11-11-05, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by reverie
It would be very, very much appreciated, and I would love you forever (or at least a day) if anyone could tell me how good these shelves are. We're looking at ordering three of them to sit side by side, and I was wondering appearance, and overall quality. Hoping to order them today to get them asap since we just moved!

Thank you!!
I bought one during the last sale. It's a pretty decent shelf.

When assembling it, it seemed really cheap and I almost put it back in the box and sent it back. You basically assemble each half and stack them, which doesn't sound too bad. However, the bottom half is pretty much a standard shelf; top, bottom, columns. The top half, on the other hand, is simply a top with columns. It sits on the bottom half, but there is no way to fasten them together. You have to use the two pieces of cardboard that nail to back to hold them together. Basically, the two parts are held together by 6 - 10 small nails.

Like I said, it's a pretty decent shelf. It looks pretty good, and despite how cheaply it's made, it's sturdy enough once it's in it's place. I even purchased another a few weeks ago with a Circuit City gift card.
Old 11-11-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those Leslie Dame Cabinets look terrific:
http://www.storeyourmedia.com/missio...-dark-oak.aspx
http://www.racksandstands.com/prods/...2/0PLE1000.htm

Thanks for the suggestions! A cabinet like that would help with dust and sun. I designed my house to be sun-tempered for solar heating and it has big picture windows for mountain views so, lots of sun. I keep my DVDs now in north facing bookshelf on a south wall but a cabinet like this would be even better.
Old 11-11-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Roper, thanks for the review... do you know what the item number is at Circuit City? I couldn't find this under "1080 CD OSKAR" on their web site...
Old 11-11-05, 12:25 PM

enclosed cabinets

I was looking for cabinets that would completely close ... to keep dust off and light off and prying little fingers off of the DVDs. I found this cabinet at overstock and I am quite happy with it. Not beautful oak, but nice enough for the video room.
Old 11-11-05, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by drh4
Roper, thanks for the review... do you know what the item number is at Circuit City? I couldn't find this under "1080 CD OSKAR" on their web site...
The item number is 38435182. I noticed the same thing when I placed the order. You have to just search "1080." It's $130 + tax, but you'll definitely receive it a lot quicker than ordering from DDD.
Old 11-11-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by New Rambler

Actually does are very expensive

Got to Blockbuster and ask for them. They are FREE
Old 11-21-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody with any experience with www.allmultimediastorage.com ? Some of their stuff look pretty good, and I especially like their Cdn shipping option!
Old 11-21-05, 05:20 PM

well, the mini-elf racks weren't included in buy.com's first free shipping coupon in months... Makes me pessimistic that we'll see a good deal on them from there anytime soon...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...X0DER&v=glance

$29.95 Free Shipping No Tax (i'm in CA).

Thanks.

Last edited by Idex; 11-21-05 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-01-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by actyper
Anybody with any experience with www.allmultimediastorage.com ? Some of their stuff look pretty good, and I especially like their Cdn shipping option!
If anybody's wondering, I ordered from them and received my storage unit. Triple width. Though I expected to fit more dvds on there, it looks nice. Unit received in less than a week, and that was over the thanksgiving holidays as well. Highly recommended.
Old 12-01-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
This one - http://store.yahoo.com/longislandmed...anvidstor.html - keeps my son away from my DVDs. Very happy with it and although the depth of it is rather large compared to the other one it still takes up less total area space.

Hmm....looks like it went up a little in price. I got it for (shipping and everything) about $175. Still, hell of a deal since no other store has it for under $250 and some sites state that the MSRP is close to $400.

I just ordered a couple of these last week from storehouserock.com (and paid quite a bit more but only about $30 more after shipping). Do they actually hold as many as it advertises (448 DVD's)? Are the nice looking or are they obviously fiberboard stuff?
Old 12-01-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
I can't comment on the quality, but here's a Titanium one that holds 51 DVDs on sale at Staples for $11.90:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...2Bok%2FQ%3D%3D