Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Chosen Collection (40 DiscSet) $129.99 @ AMAZON

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Chosen Collection (40 DiscSet) $129.99 @ AMAZON

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I could sahve $0.10 off the price of this set by getting an unnumbered version, I would.
Old 09-09-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was willing to spend a bit more to pick it up at a store where returns would be easy and where discs would be less likely to be out of place, but this was too good.

I had a $10 GC, so I simply ordered this and took the 1 day shipping and I'm crossing my fingers. Usually 1 day shipping gets handled less and more carefully and they would probably send out a replacement faster if there is some kind of problem.

Great deal and I might even get it on Tuesday if they ship it one day early.
Old 09-09-05, 08:47 PM
Banned

God, why can't they do this with Star Trek: The Next Generation. I have wanted so badly a "Complete Collection Box Set" like this, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. I swear if this were Star Trek: TNG or X-Files complete Box set, I would all over this like a naked Jennifer Lopez.
Old 09-09-05, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
God, why can't they do this with Star Trek: The Next Generation. I have wanted so badly a "Complete Collection Box Set" like this, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. I swear if this were Star Trek: TNG or X-Files complete Box set, I would all over this like a naked Jennifer Lopez.
They could make a killing on a Star Trek TNG or DS9 set like that... just add in a few new behind the scenes features and the Trek geeks would swarm all over it to double dip. They're more likely to do the original series or Voyager, though.

X-Files looks to be going towards a price reduction, not a comprehensive box set. First we had the rotating sale at DDD (first 1-3, then 4-6, then 7-9), then the Best Buy sale, and now the Amazon sale.
Old 09-10-05, 10:21 AM
Banned

The only trek I will ever buy is the Original Series and TNG. That's it. My friend bought a 48 comprehensive boxset from ebay of ST:TNG(yes I know it is a bootleg). The quality looks very good, howver they have some serious problems I have noticed. On "Redemption part II" the whole episode is filmed in...WIDESCREEN???? The picture looks smushed, and as it should since it should have been shot in Fullscreen, the OAR!!! Next, on the episode "The Mind's Eye", it doesn't even finish. I was so pissed. I watched the episode all the way to the last 5 minutes, when Data figures out what happened to Geordi, it shuts off and go back to the main menu. Little problems, that I don't like
I understand this is a Buffy thread, but why won't studios give fans this....comprehensive box sets? Fans want it all!!!! Add a play all feature(I don't believe Star Trek TNG or X-Files has one) some new interview or special features, and we could be seriously dangerous. Paramount and Fox would seriously make a bundle if they did this. I don't know why they aren't.
Old 09-10-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone have any pictures of how the discs are packaged inside the box?
Old 09-11-05, 12:28 AM
JGwinn1048

I opted to keep my order at DE for 139$ shipped - 2 Day UPS and FBC is a much better deal in the long run. Heck, it might even be a Double Points period, making the purchase an even better deal.
Old 09-11-05, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
Man I own all seasons separately, but I really like the look of that set.
Old 09-11-05, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Man I own all seasons separately, but I really like the look of that set.
I did too and didn't want to bother, but I caved and I made a pretty damn good profit.

Some seasons are going for around $30 and some as low as $20, not counting season 1...which will get you around $15.

Best case, you make a profit, worst case, you might spend a few bucks on the new set...depending where you buy it and how good the deal is.

I thought it would be a pain to get rid of them all, but now, with a nice profit and the new set preordered, I'm pretty happy with the choice I made.

The auctions on the sets are still doing well. I am guessing that a lot of people don't know about this new set or people who have several seasons and are looking at this as the time to buy the ones they need to complete their collections. But, the time to sell is now.

I think the prices for the Buffy individual seasons will go down in the near future as more and more people who don't have the show at all realize the new set is better than buying used.
Old 09-11-05, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bcolon
Does anyone have any pictures of how the discs are packaged inside the box?
Exactly what I was about to ask.
Old 09-11-05, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by bis22
Exactly what I was about to ask.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4018
Old 09-11-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks!
Old 09-11-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just recently sold my sealed copies of 1-4 for about $140 and am looking forward to getting the whole set!
Old 09-11-05, 10:30 PM

I know that this has been asked numerous times in numerous threads, but on Amazon, when you pre-order, the price is adjusted to any better discount that arises, right? And is it the same through Borders.com? Just want to make sure I get it for $129.99 instead of $139.99.
Old 09-11-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by rmick
I know that this has been asked numerous times in numerous threads, but on Amazon, when you pre-order, the price is adjusted to any better discount that arises, right? And is it the same through Borders.com? Just want to make sure I get it for $129.99 instead of $139.99.
they'll give you the lower price.
Old 09-15-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buy.com sent me one of their 10% off coupons (yes, they are account specific and not available to everyone). Their price for Buffy is $139.98 so the discount would drop it to $125.98.

Tempting, but I rather like the current packaging.

Edit: Buy.com charges for shipping so this deal is about the same as Amazon's price.

Last edited by lizard; 09-16-05 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dalvin
You may just eventually get your wish. Rumors are that Fox is planning a release of complete Angel and X-Files sets in R1 for late 2006 (about a year after they debut in Region 2).

And you can bet that other studios are keeping a close eye on the figures for Buffy, Sex and the City, etc. to see how sales do. Assuming sales are strong, it wouldn't surprise me to see Paramount start releasing "complete" Star Trek sets by next year's holiday season, especially since they will have run out of other obvious repackagings at that point (all of the shows will be on DVD, and all of the movies will have 2-disc SEs).

I especially welcome a repackaged ST:TNG set -- the current configuration is way to chunky for my taste. Something thinner/sleeker would get my $$$$ immediately.
Old 09-15-05, 11:16 AM

looks like I might need to off my half full x-files collection in the near future then
Old 09-15-05, 08:15 PM
Banned

Star Trek Next Generation complete, with a "play all" button and less than $200.00 for the set, and I will have died and gone to heaven.
Old 09-15-05, 09:47 PM

Can anyone tell me what's on the exclusive bonus disc?
Old 09-15-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Icon769
Can anyone tell me what's on the exclusive bonus disc?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4119
Old 09-16-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The set looks good, but I don't like how they sit on their sides. Why couldn't they make them with the slim cases inside the big box. Only thing that makes it tempting is the bonus disk.

Is Fox going to be releasing M*A*S*H in a complete season set box set when they're done?
Old 10-19-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just an update: It looks like Amazon has changed their price yet again. It's now listed at about $160. Not sure why they would change it so late, especially for more money but thats amazon for ya. If you still haven't preordered, DDD still has it for under $130
Old 10-20-05, 08:52 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Chosen Collection looks great. Can't believe I missed the sale. Guess I'll have to wait till the 15th next month to get it at Bestbuy or something. Maybe DDD will have a sale on it or something.
Old 10-20-05, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by graffetti
Guess I'll have to wait till the 15th next month to get it at Bestbuy or something. Maybe DDD will have a sale on it or something.
Don't wait too long... I don't remember specific #s mentioned, but the set is limited (and numbered), so it may sell out soon. Maybe not, but I suspect this is going to sell pretty well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.