Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Possible Arrested Development deals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-05, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Arrested Development deals?

I've just recently gotten into Arrested Development, and I would love to own it on DVD. However, I know that the 2nd season comes out in about a month, and that the show's been getting some pretty decent hype.

Is it plausible that there might be some season 1 deals floating around when s2 is released, maybe a rebate coupon inside or just a discount when buying both? In other words, is there any reason I shouldn't go ahead and buy s1 now? I don't want to end up kicking myself over it, but I know I'm impatient. Thanks!
Old 09-04-05, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And here I am still struggling with the, "Who or what is Sarah synonymous with?" question!
Old 09-04-05, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you find a good deal on season two....let me know what they say about prices for the upcoming season 3's release possibly next fall? I may wait to buy both seasons together if they offer a good deal for a combined purchase or just add it to my DDD 20% annual November sale.

Sorry-had to pick on you. Seriously, it's probably three weeks too early to answer with any concrete details on specials etc. One avenue is Costco has a $10 coupon on Fox TX sets....that may or may not include AD Season 1, it's worth checking out. Good Luck

Ron

Last edited by RonBoster; 09-04-05 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-04-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
dvdpricesearch is listing prices for both around $25, which is quite reasonable for a full season of shows. This isn't a title that strikes me as having a big deal when it is released.
Old 09-04-05, 09:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One avenue is Costco has a $10 coupon on Fox TX sets....that may or may not include AD Season 1, it's worth checking out. Good Luck
Arrested Development season 1 is indeed included in the Costco coupon discount. After the $10 off coupon the price is $17 for the first season.
Old 09-04-05, 01:38 PM

At that price, there's really no good reason not to own the best show on TV.
Old 09-04-05, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by bowsernieb
At that price, there's really no good reason not to own the best show on TV.
I'll finally be coughing up the cash to pick this up w/ that deal. Don't figure it's gonna get any cheaper than that.
Old 09-04-05, 06:59 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by bowsernieb
At ANY price, there's really no good reason not to own the best show on TV.
Fixed!
Old 09-04-05, 10:03 PM
Cool New Member

I don't know if Best Buy still does this, but usually the first week a 2nd or later season of a Tv show is released they give you a price break when you buy 2 or more seasons. I bought my Season 1 the first week at BB for 20$, so I don't see the second season being too much higher. Defintely a great own, I just wish the second season was coming out before the third season started.
Old 09-05-05, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoster
If you find a good deal on season two....let me know what they say about prices for the upcoming season 3's release possibly next fall? I may wait to buy both seasons together if they offer a good deal for a combined purchase or just add it to my DDD 20% annual November sale.

Sorry-had to pick on you. Seriously, it's probably three weeks too early to answer with any concrete details on specials etc. One avenue is Costco has a $10 coupon on Fox TX sets....that may or may not include AD Season 1, it's worth checking out. Good Luck

Ron
Is DDD 20% sale always in November?

Thanks
Old 09-05-05, 06:58 PM

I got arrested development s1 at Target when S2 was starting on TV. So bet on S1 being on sale when S2 goes on sale and S3 starts on tv.
Old 09-05-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bubble
Is DDD 20% sale always in November?

Thanks

LOL...since you've been here awhile...I'll assume that was a very funny tongue in cheek joke. Well played.

Ron