Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

free DVD cases (RTP, NC area)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-05, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
free DVD cases (RTP, NC area)

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have literally hundreds of empy keepcase/amray cases that I need to dump. Rather than throw them out, I would like to give them away.. Most stores don't want them. Probably not worth selling on e-bay because it costs as much to ship a box of empty cases as it is to ship a box of cases with DVDs.

If anyone lives (or is willing to commute) to the Durham, NC area, then I will be more than willing to give you as many as you want. Some doubles, but mostly single cases.

just e-mail me if anyone is interested.
Old 08-29-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd be willing to pay postage for a box of em and a little extra for trouble maybe...pretty cheap to send media mail...email me if that works for ya
Old 08-29-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

same here
Old 08-29-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone looking for dvd cases, you can get tons of them for free from Blockbuster Video. Just go on the day they are preparing to put out new releases by changing out to the security cases. They usually toss all of the original cases, which is such a waste. The guys who work at BBV can probably provide more info.
Old 08-30-05, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gambit
Anyone looking for dvd cases, you can get tons of them for free from Blockbuster Video. Just go on the day they are preparing to put out new releases by changing out to the security cases. They usually toss all of the original cases, which is such a waste. The guys who work at BBV can probably provide more info.
Not anymore... at least not in my area. The guy that used to give me cases at my Blockbuster told me the discs they receive from now on are being shipped in the security cases.
Old 08-30-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm in High Point.
If gas didn't cost so damn much right now I'd be happy to drive to Durham to grab some.
Old 08-31-05, 01:26 PM

Steve,
I work on Alexander Drive in RTP. I'm interested in getting some cases from you but it may be late next week before I could meet. Is that OK?
Mike
Old 08-31-05, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by foxjam
Steve,
I work on Alexander Drive in RTP. I'm interested in getting some cases from you but it may be late next week before I could meet. Is that OK?
Mike
Mike - you are not far from me! next week is fine.. I have HUNDREDS of these cases I want to dump..er get rid of. Trust me - they will be there.. E-mail a few days before you want to show and I'll give you directions...

for others who have asked me to me to ship them. More than happy too, but I REALLY don't think it's worth your time - I think (depending on where you are) the postage for a box of 9 is about $4. and I would have to charge you at least 3% for the paypal overhead - and that's not counting for any of my time. You sure you want me to ship? Please e-mail me.. I can ship as many as you want- but the larger the box, the more the post office charge me. let me know if you think it's worth it. it's your money...
Old 09-01-05, 01:04 PM

Steve,
Thanks. I'll e-mail you when I get back. Have a good holiday.
Mike
Old 09-13-05, 11:04 AM

Steve,
Tried to e-mail you but wasn't able to do so through this site. Let me know how to contact you.
Mike
Old 09-13-05, 11:19 AM

Mike. whoa - sorry- didn't hear from you.. so dumped about 400 boxes (needed space).. but don't worry - probably have about 50+ left. e-mail [email protected]