(DEAD) Batman Begins Deluxe Edition 48% off at Amazon

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Batman Begins Deluxe Edition 48% off at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-05, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my 2 disc for $15.98 on the 18th, shipped on the 22nd with super saver and received on the 24th.
Old 10-29-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BJ's near me had the Batman Begins DE with comic book for $20.99 - there was about 8 or so left - they were located with the one disc widescreen/full screen ones - those were like $18.79. I picked up the two disc DVD.

There was a instore deal of $3.00 off if you bought either the one disc or two disc and a 35 pack (.5 liter size) of Berkely and Jensen Purified Water. (The water cost $4.99 so your getting the water for $1.99 before tax - if the water was Poland Spring, I would have done that deal for sure. B&J sucks!)

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-29-05 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-29-05, 02:08 PM

After waiting for three days to get a reply for my e-mail, I finally got a reply from the idiots at Scamazon:
I have researched your order, and can confirm that we still expect to
ship your order by the date listed in Your Account: November 15,
2005. Please contact us again by visiting the following link if you
do not receive a shipment confirmation by November 16, 2005:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

The estimated date of shipment was calculated at the time you placed
your order and is based on the availability of the items in your
order, the proximity of inventory to the delivery address you
provided and the shipping method you chose.
Star Wars:ROTS is getting released on November 1st. Why do these idiots want to wait until Nov 15th to ship my order is beyond my comprehension. And this reply does not even address the out-of-stock problem that the Batman DE has! The CSR droid seems to have just sent a prepackaged reply without even reading my complaint!

PS: I called their toll-free number to explain the problem. The CSR just told me that I have to check my e-mail for the reply they sent. When I told him that the e-mail reply did not resolve the issue, he said: "I am sorry, but you have to wait until the shipping date mentioned on the email. If you do not get shipping confirmation at that time, then you call us. There is nothing else that I can do."

Last edited by Hobgoblin; 10-29-05 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-29-05, 02:21 PM

I'm totally confused about my order.. I didn't order until after the movie was released. I put it in my cart and came back the next morning and the price jumped $4 . Still wanted it so I ordered. I thought I ordered the one with the comic book. Now it just shipped, but the price now on the site shows its $2 less than what I paid, plus in my order history the name does not say its with the comic, but when I click on the link it goes to the page with the comic version (which they don't have any of)...

So I guess I wait and see what arrives.
Old 10-31-05, 03:13 PM

I just received confirmation that mine shipped. Like quite a few, I ordered it along with Star Wars as well. I guess I'll cross my fingers that it was the 2 Disc Version until it arrives.

"Greetings from Amazon.com,

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today, and that
this completes your order.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again soon.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by

visiting Your Account at

There you can:
* Track order and shipment status
* Review estimated delivery dates
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items were included in this shipment:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
1 Star Wars, Episode III - Reve $15.98 1 $15.98
1 Batman Begins (Two-Disc Delux $15.98 1 $15.98

Item Subtotal: $31.96
Shipping & Handling: $3.97

Super Saver Discount $-3.97

Total: $31.96"
Old 10-31-05, 03:52 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just received a shipping confirmation email too. It's shipping from New Castle, DE. I hope it's the version with the comic book.

I sent them an email last week asking for an exception to ship the item now since the item in the order won't be released until December. Well, they replied and upgraded it to standard shipping, so Batman didn't have to wait for the bad boy to come out in December.
Old 10-31-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Hobgoblin
After waiting for three days to get a reply for my e-mail, I finally got a reply from the idiots at Scamazon:

Star Wars:ROTS is getting released on November 1st. Why do these idiots want to wait until Nov 15th to ship my order is beyond my comprehension. And this reply does not even address the out-of-stock problem that the Batman DE has! The CSR droid seems to have just sent a prepackaged reply without even reading my complaint!

PS: I called their toll-free number to explain the problem. The CSR just told me that I have to check my e-mail for the reply they sent. When I told him that the e-mail reply did not resolve the issue, he said: "I am sorry, but you have to wait until the shipping date mentioned on the email. If you do not get shipping confirmation at that time, then you call us. There is nothing else that I can do."

They have to have a reason to get you to join Amazon prime don't they?
Old 10-31-05, 04:05 PM

Hobgoblin,

SCAMAZON? You need to realize to NOT to go by the estimated SHIPPING/DELIVERY dates. I've been buying from Amazon for a # of years now and those dates are never accurate, the items always ship earlier and are delivered sooner than whatever estmiate is posted.

However, with the controversey over the apparently OOP comic book there are probably going to be some delays since there were a limited # of these DE sets, which wasn't anticipated by any of the retailers, right? I don't blame Amazon, but if you choose to ship your order w/ a unreleased title and choose super saver shipping, there is of course going to be some wait as to when an item ships.

The best thing to do is wait for AMAZON to ship your order and get the USPS delivery confirmation #'s, or UPS/Fedex numbers as those are going to give you the real-time information for the most part.

Kilroy,

email amazon and tell them the item you purchased is now $2 cheaper and since you just ordered this item they may give you the difference. They did for me when SMALLVILLE's S4 dropped in price $3 right after I ordered.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
Old 10-31-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Got mine today. Comic book enclosed.
Old 10-31-05, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the copy I ordered on 10/28 is still "preparing to ship" ..I guess that means they have a copy for me but kind of strange since I used two day air (free prime trial) that it's being held up so long..kind of strange ..guess I'll see what happens in the near future with it..

-edit-

and half an hour later it ships...
Old 10-31-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Got mine today. Comic book enclosed.
Same here.
Old 11-01-05, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by John*D
Hobgoblin,

SCAMAZON?
Sorry if my choice of words offended you, but I was pissed at them because they weren't giving me a straight answer on my order status.

Anyway I got a shipping notice yesterday. I am currently waiting to find out if the shipment contains the Deluxe edition that I preordered or if they stuffed the barebones version instead.....
Old 11-01-05, 07:30 PM

Sorry if my choice of words offended you, but I was pissed at them because they weren't giving me a straight answer on my order status.

Anyway I got a shipping notice yesterday. I am currently waiting to find out if the shipment contains the Deluxe edition that I preordered or if they stuffed the barebones version instead.....
Didn't offend me, just wasn't accurate for your situation, IMO.

Told you not to worry about 2 week shipping estimate! I never bother with those dates, and rely on seeing the "we are preparing to ship these items..." notice and figure it'll be another day or two before the order ships.
Old 11-02-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

got mine yesterday, with comic book..
Old 11-02-05, 12:29 PM

mine is taking forever to come dammit. it's shipped UPS out of sparks, NV (which is weird because every other time i've ordered with Amazon it comes USPS from DE) and the tracking on Amazon says (3 Times!) that it's arrived in Hodgkins, IL but there's no record of it leaving the place. The UPS site says its on schedule to arrive on Nov 4 but i'm gettting very anxious waiting....
Old 11-02-05, 02:46 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

My estimated delivery date was Nov.12. Arrived today along with Sith.
Old 11-02-05, 09:06 PM

Got mine today with comic book + Sith. A pleasant surprise. I never thought that I will actually get this.
Old 11-03-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got mine yesterday too, comic book included.
Old 11-03-05, 08:51 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

mine is suppose to arrive today.
Old 11-04-05, 04:51 PM

whew, both dvds arrived today. batman with the comic book. i like how i took off the shrink wrap and on the glossy comic book cover are 2 huge very distinct fingerprints....
Old 11-04-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine with Pete and Pete Season 2 yesterday. Mine had the comic as well.
Old 11-05-05, 06:51 PM

Amazon has it in stock again now, sans comic book. Those of us who got the DE with the comic book were very lucky indeed.
Old 11-05-05, 08:23 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got mine day before yesterday w/ comic book.
Old 11-06-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon has it in stock again now, sans comic book. Those of us who got the DE with the comic book were very lucky indeed.
I'm having problems with the link, but when I search for Batman Begins on Amazon, it returns the following:

Batman Begins (Two-Disc Deluxe Edition with Comic Book)
Old 11-07-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine was just shipped today from Scamazon. Hopefully it is the one with the comic book.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.