Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Bill & Ted Box Set... post prices here as you find 'em

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Bill & Ted Box Set... post prices here as you find 'em

Old 07-11-05, 10:01 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,170
Bill & Ted Box Set... post prices here as you find 'em

Since the retailers didn't see the need to post pricing in this week's ads, we'll do this the old-fashioned way.

Post 'em when you get 'em!
GuessWho is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 12:16 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,170
BestBuy.com
$21.99

DeepDiscountDVD
$26.10

Last edited by GuessWho; 07-11-05 at 12:20 PM.
GuessWho is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 12:18 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
Amazon: $20.99
Best Prices: $20.73
Overstock: $21.45

Last edited by justbarelymovin; 07-11-05 at 12:22 PM.
justbarelymovin is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 12:36 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New Yawk
Posts: 1,640
Walmart- $19.94
Sabrett is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:04 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
dvdpricesearch.com
sman113 is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:06 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JackBurton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,052
Originally Posted by sman113
dvdpricesearch.com
not really going to help w/ B&M prices...
JackBurton is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:09 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by JackBurton
not really going to help w/ B&M prices...
Then i guess this entire thread is pointless. Amazon, Overstock, and DDD are all online stores. Thanks for playing.

DVDSoon.com has it for $16.39 according to pricesearch, but from what i hear the site isnt to reliable (and its canadian).
sman113 is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:32 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JackBurton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,052
Originally Posted by sman113
Then i guess this entire thread is pointless. Amazon, Overstock, and DDD are all online stores. Thanks for playing.
The OP mentions that retailers, have not advertised prices for B&T in this weeks ads. He also inquired about this in the Weekly Store ad thread. You respond with a very well-know dvd price search site. Although online prices are helpful, I don't think this almost universally known search site was what he/she was looking for. Maybe, I'm wrong.

Thanks for playing.
That's unnecessary.
JackBurton is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:35 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 535
Originally Posted by sman113
Then i guess this entire thread is pointless. Amazon, Overstock, and DDD are all online stores. Thanks for playing.

DVDSoon.com has it for $16.39 according to pricesearch, but from what i hear the site isnt to reliable (and its canadian).

Actually, i preordered this from DVDSoon about 2 months ago. Great price and it was delivered to me about 2 weeks ago, way before the street date. Arrived very well packaged and in great shape. I've only ordered from them a couple of times, and sometimes it takes awhile for the items to arrive, but I've been happy everytime. The only thing I didn't like was that the exchange rate quoted from DVDSoon is not the same one my credit card company uses. But its close enough to still be an excellent deal.
illini420 is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:46 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,710
Originally Posted by illini420
Actually, i preordered this from DVDSoon about 2 months ago. Great price and it was delivered to me about 2 weeks ago, way before the street date. Arrived very well packaged and in great shape. I've only ordered from them a couple of times, and sometimes it takes awhile for the items to arrive, but I've been happy everytime. The only thing I didn't like was that the exchange rate quoted from DVDSoon is not the same one my credit card company uses. But its close enough to still be an excellent deal.
That is because it fluctuates daily and may be a tad off. It is always really close for me. I've never had a problem with them either.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 01:48 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,170
Originally Posted by sman113
Then i guess this entire thread is pointless. Amazon, Overstock, and DDD are all online stores.

Thanks for playing.
The point of the thread IS for the b&m, as hinted in the original post where I mention the lack of info in the Sunday papers' ads. However, posting online prices--until we can actually find this in the b&ms tomorrow--causes no harm.

Thanks for pooping.
GuessWho is offline  
Old 07-11-05, 11:29 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Columbia, MD, USA
Posts: 11,141
Originally Posted by GuessWho
The point of the thread IS for the b&m, as hinted in the original post where I mention the lack of info in the Sunday papers' ads. However, posting online prices--until we can actually find this in the b&ms tomorrow--causes no harm.

Thanks for pooping.
Well, Best Buy and Circuit City post their B&M prices online and Walmart has no national prices, so there's not a ton of B&M places left. But I'm sure Costco or whoever will have a decent price.
Jericho is offline  
Old 07-12-05, 12:41 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Near GFL, NY
Posts: 5,972
You may want to check out Wal-Mart. Obviously, whenver you talk about their DVD prices, you have to include a YMMV but I picked it up today at my local Wal-Mart (Queensbury, NY) for the sale price of $16.96 (regular price marked $19.96). Again, YMMV.
Scott27 is offline  
Old 07-12-05, 01:24 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,197
Originally Posted by Jericho
Well, Best Buy and Circuit City post their B&M prices online and Walmart has no national prices, so there's not a ton of B&M places left. But I'm sure Costco or whoever will have a decent price.
best buy's online and offline pricings occasionally vary. sometimes cheaper in stores, sometimes cheaper online.
pdinosaur is offline  
Old 07-12-05, 03:52 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
I picked it up at Walmart for $19.96, good enough for me!
justbarelymovin is offline  
Old 07-12-05, 06:20 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Downriver, Michigan
Posts: 352
Media Play - $19.99
sailor_moon is offline  
Old 07-12-05, 07:46 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Originally From The Keystone State
Posts: 1,859
I believe it was $19.06 at my local Wal-Mart today.
dvd-fanman is offline  
Old 07-12-05, 09:37 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Columbia, MD, USA
Posts: 11,141
Originally Posted by pdinosaur
best buy's online and offline pricings occasionally vary. sometimes cheaper in stores, sometimes cheaper online.
but not that often, and virtually never with new releases
Jericho is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.