DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eau
Bestbuy.com has a promotion on Chrono Crusade DVDs this week:

Buy 2, save $5
Buy all 6, save $25

Regular price is $19.99 each.

http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?i...&type=category
? I thought that was already in the updates.
Old 07-12-05, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Added a new lowest price for July 12.
Old 07-12-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw Burst Angel Vol. 2 & Gunslinger Girl Vol. 2 at my local Walmart today for $17.84 each. YMMV as usual.
Old 07-12-05, 10:38 PM

If you havn't had any luck at Big Lots keep checking, I just hit the motherload, One of the ones I've been checking that hasn't had anything had around 20 disks tonight. THe only thing I picked up that isn't listed in the first post is Geo-Armor
Old 07-13-05, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by grune
If you havn't had any luck at Big Lots keep checking, I just hit the motherload, One of the ones I've been checking that hasn't had anything had around 20 disks tonight. THe only thing I picked up that isn't listed in the first post is Geo-Armor
Went to 2 local biglots, but still nothing. Really want to check out those Sherlock Hound dvds. Decided to stop by gamestop on the way home and picked up Slam dunk 2 ($5.99) + Slam dunk 3 ($5.99) + Samurai Champloo vol 1 (Free). Guess it wasn't too bad.
Old 07-13-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Saw Burst Angel Vol. 2 & Gunslinger Girl Vol. 2 at my local Walmart today for $17.84 each. YMMV as usual.
Ditto on that here on the west coast (Inland Empire, to be exact).
Old 07-13-05, 04:14 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BestBuy has Genshiken V.1 /w Box for $22.99, same price as the regular, DVD only edition. The Box version is supposed to be listed at $34.99.
Old 07-13-05, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do you know which volume(s) you saw?

Originally Posted by toogood
Went to 2 local biglots, but still nothing. Really want to check out those Sherlock Hound dvds. Decided to stop by gamestop on the way home and picked up Slam dunk 2 ($5.99) + Slam dunk 3 ($5.99) + Samurai Champloo vol 1 (Free). Guess it wasn't too bad.
Any idea how long that offer is going on?

Originally Posted by victant
Ditto on that here on the west coast (Inland Empire, to be exact).
Cool, thanks for confirming.

Originally Posted by eau
BestBuy has Genshiken V.1 /w Box for $22.99, same price as the regular, DVD only edition. The Box version is supposed to be listed at $34.99.
Got it.

About to add some new lowest prices from Overstock.
Old 07-13-05, 11:06 AM

Geo-Armor is a 2 disk set with I think 7 episodes. From looking at dvdpricesearch it looks like theres only the one release so I'd assume its the complete series, either tat or they never finished it.

I forgot to ask last night. Has anyone found any Chobits dvds at Biglos that had the pencil boards with them?
Old 07-13-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Geo-Armor is a 2 disk set with I think 7 episodes. From looking at dvdpricesearch it looks like theres only the one release so I'd assume its the complete series, either tat or they never finished it.

I forgot to ask last night. Has anyone found any Chobits dvds at Biglos that had the pencil boards with them?
Oh, okay. I'm dumb.

Actually, one of mine did come with a pencil board. Volume 6. But I doubt that all of them will. Volume 7 didn't, however. I got pretty lucky! I wasn't expecting to come across one with a pencil board! Maybe I should stop by Big Lots again today to see if they restocked.
Old 07-13-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can anyone verify that wal-mart has gunslinger girl volume 2? I see that they have the manga in paperback but for the life of me I cannot find the DVD.
Old 07-13-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
Can anyone verify that wal-mart has gunslinger girl volume 2? I see that they have the manga in paperback but for the life of me I cannot find the DVD.
Someone already did verify, and I can verify that another Walmart in town has Volume 2 as well. Walmarts vary from store to store--Not every single one carries the same stuff or even at the same prices, hence YMMV.

Just keep your eyes peeled or try another Walmart, even.
Old 07-13-05, 12:56 PM

I can also verify Gunslinger Girl Vol 2 at Walmart. Not every Wal-Mart stocks the same DVDs. The one I saw it at is the same one tat seems to get alot of DVDs teh others don't. The only other anime I can think of is that Appleseed tin, if you know of a walmart that had it they'll likely have Gunslinger Girl.

Those Chobits pencil boards seem to be really rare, vols 4 and 7 are the only ones in my set with them. If I could find some others at big lots prices I would rebuy them just for the board.
Old 07-13-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can also verify Gunslinger Girl Vol 2 at Walmart. Not every Wal-Mart stocks the same DVDs. The one I saw it at is the same one tat seems to get alot of DVDs teh others don't. The only other anime I can think of is that Appleseed tin, if you know of a walmart that had it they'll likely have Gunslinger Girl.

Those Chobits pencil boards seem to be really rare, vols 4 and 7 are the only ones in my set with them. If I could find some others at big lots prices I would rebuy them just for the board.
Yeah, I see them go for a lot more on eBay if they contain the pencil boards. I was really surprised to get one; it was just kind of an added bonus. I went back to Big Lots today, and it was completely dry. I'll try sometime next week, probably. I wish I knew if they restocked on certain days or within a certain time period! Oh well, it's no biggie since it's like 5 minutes from my house. Still, I feel awkward going in there so much now. Ha ha. Because the DVDs are right by the main check out line!
Old 07-13-05, 01:31 PM

Any idea how long that offer is going on?
I asked the managers at the stores I went to and they are 90% sure it will last till the end of July. Also, since my local GS has about 70+ anime, if anybody want me to look for or pick up anything in particular, PM me over at animeondvd.com since the PM here doesn't work for some reason.
Old 07-13-05, 03:39 PM

Someone already did verify, and I can verify that another Walmart in town has Volume 2 as well. Walmarts vary from store to store--Not every single one carries the same stuff or even at the same prices, hence YMMV.

Just keep your eyes peeled or try another Walmart, even.
Okay thanks I just wanted to make sure because I had been to two different wal-marts and the website and couldn't find it.........but shortly after I posted the question, a kid I work with that doesn't know anything about anime said "I was at wal-mart in Portland and they have that dvd you were looking for"...................man do I feel stupid.

anyhow thank you for verifying this for me I absolutely love the series.
Old 07-13-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay thanks I just wanted to make sure because I had been to two different wal-marts and the website and couldn't find it.........but shortly after I posted the question, a kid I work with that doesn't know anything about anime said "I was at wal-mart in Portland and they have that dvd you were looking for"...................man do I feel stupid.

anyhow thank you for verifying this for me I absolutely love the series.
It's no problem, and it's a pretty terrific series thus far (I've only seen the first DVD). I was tempted to pick it up, but I really need to quit buying so many DVDs. I don't even have time to watch them lately because of school. It's really stressing me out.

Anyway, hope you find it.
Old 07-14-05, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by toogood
I asked the managers at the stores I went to and they are 90% sure it will last till the end of July. Also, since my local GS has about 70+ anime, if anybody want me to look for or pick up anything in particular, PM me over at animeondvd.com since the PM here doesn't work for some reason.

Any chance you could explain how to find you over there?

Best,

-B
Old 07-14-05, 08:29 AM

It's no problem, and it's a pretty terrific series thus far (I've only seen the first DVD). I was tempted to pick it up, but I really need to quit buying so many DVDs. I don't even have time to watch them lately because of school. It's really stressing me out.

Anyway, hope you find it.
oh wow man you're in for a treat, this whole series is fantastic. If you're going to continue buying anything it should be Gunslinger Girl.
Old 07-14-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

oh wow man you're in for a treat, this whole series is fantastic. If you're going to continue buying anything it should be Gunslinger Girl.
Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Also, a few new lowest prices. I'll update with the new weekly specials ASAP.
Old 07-14-05, 09:33 AM

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Also, a few new lowest prices. I'll update with the new weekly specials ASAP.
I believe Elfen Lied: Vector 2 came out this week also so if you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it, the series is every bit as good as Gunslinger Girl, just way more graphic.
Old 07-14-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I noticed that Haibane Renmei Volume 1-New Feather is listed for $14.99 at Overstock. Anime Liquidations has it for $8.99.

http://www.animeliquidations.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=275
Old 07-14-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I noticed that Haibane Renmei Volume 1-New Feather is listed for $14.99 at Overstock. Anime Liquidations has it for $8.99.

http://www.animeliquidations.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=275
Ah, thanks!
Old 07-14-05, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Abbadon74
Any chance you could explain how to find you over there?

Best,

-B
Sure. Just sign up for the forums over at animeondvd.com and use their Private message system to send me a PM. My user name there is Toogood as well. I'm about to go hit 2 more GS during lunch break.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.