DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

One Step Beyond - 8 DVD Boxed Set priced @ 18.15

Old 06-11-05, 08:09 PM

One Step Beyond - 8 DVD Boxed Set priced @ 18.15

Cheapest I have seen this set on the net - Per DVDPriceSearch, DVDPacific list as 29.02, BestPrices as 31.91, DigitalEyes as 34.95, CD Universe as 37.19, & DVDPlanet as 41.21

One Step Beyond - 8 DVD Boxed Set (DVD)
Collector`s Bookstyle Packaging

Starring: Newland, John
Rating: Not Rated
Notes: Collector`s Bookstyle Packaging
Description: Host John Newland directed each episode of the supernaturally-themed, classic television program ONE STEP BEYOND. First airing in 1959, ONE STEP BEYOND dramatized purportedly true stories of eerie, supernatural events, and was amongst the first television shows to both investigate mysterious occurrences (such as the later programs IN SEARCH OF and UNSOLVED MYSTERIES) as well as take a tone of horror and suspense (like the more well-known TWILIGHT ZONE and THE OUTER LIMITS). ONE STEP BEYOND - 8 DVD SET contains 33 episodes of the classic series.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....rod_id=1523607
Old 06-12-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is the bookstyle packaging, not the box set, if this makes a difference to anyone.
Old 06-12-05, 03:55 PM

This product is not in stock.
We will notify you when this product is in stock. Please enter your email address below, then click 'Go'.
*sigh*
Old 06-23-05, 08:56 PM

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I really like the slim bookstyle packaging and the price! Thanks for telling us about it. It really resembles a book the front and back covers are hard covers--not flimsy like the Danny Thomas set--and there is a latch that snaps like a diary to hold it all together.

I just checked their website, and it says its back in stock, but only 10 left.

Last edited by ron lee green; 06-23-05 at 09:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-23-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ron lee green
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I really like the slim bookstyle packaging and the price! Thanks for telling us about it. It really resembles a book the front and back covers are hard covers--not flimsy like the Danny Thomas set--and there is a latch that snaps like a diary to hold it all together.

I just checked their website, and it says its back in stock, but only 10 left.

Sounds like the packaging is like the Everybody Loves Raymond sets? I love that packaging.
Old 06-24-05, 02:33 AM

I ordered mine on the 11th. Overstock sent an email on the 13th that it had shipped. Just checked the order status and it says it just left the post office today the 23rd? It has been sitting at the Post Office for 10 days?
Old 06-24-05, 07:04 AM

I ordered mine on the 11th. Overstock sent an email on the 13th that it had shipped. Just checked the order status and it says it just left the post office today the 23rd? It has been sitting at the Post Office for 10 days?
I also ordered mine on the 11th and Overstock sent me an email on the 13th, too, saying that it had shipped. Got mine on the 22nd. It was sent media mail so I guess the post office is taking their time processing it.

I just read the small print at their website. Maybe this is causing the delay, but they still should have notified you.

* Some orders go through our fraud prevention department. If your order is selected, you will be notified and your order may be delayed an additional 3 business days.

Sounds like the packaging is like the Everybody Loves Raymond sets? I love that packaging.
I haven't seen the Raymond sets, but it sure looks classy. Better than that huge boxed set that takes up all the shelf space.

Last edited by ron lee green; 06-24-05 at 07:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-24-05, 08:34 AM

I got mine yesterday...

and I agree, maybe my fave packaging for any boxset I have. And on top of that, the set is made up very simular menu-wise like the Outer Limits sets.
Old 06-24-05, 09:45 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Appears to be 10 in stock this a.m.
Old 06-24-05, 10:14 AM

I got mine maybe a week ago - i too like the packaging - very well thought out - it would be nice to see more sets packaged like this
Old 06-24-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Out of stock again.
Old 06-24-05, 04:01 PM

I ordered one last night when ron lee green pointed out they were back in stock. Now, I can't get the Madness song "One Step Beyond" out of my head (which I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact that "Total Madness: The Very Best of Madness" was the last album I listened to, just a few days ago).
Old 06-25-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody remember the name of the episode where the guy keeps dreaming that he hears a plane going down, and each night the plane crashes a little bit closer to his house? I've looked over the episode log at TV Tome and none of the descriptions quite match.

Basically, I want to pick up whichever DVD has that one episode on it, as it was always my favorite ONE STEP BEYOND.
Old 06-25-05, 04:13 PM

One step Beyond 8 DVD set

In case anyone cant get this online, I was able to pick it up at my local Sam's Club for pretty much the same price...maybe even a couple of pennies cheaper.

Thanks!
Jeff
Old 06-25-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just ordered one online. Thanks OP!

BTW, there was only one left in stock after I ordered.
Old 06-25-05, 07:35 PM

Anybody remember the name of the episode where the guy keeps dreaming that he hears a plane going down, and each night the plane crashes a little bit closer to his house?
The title of the episode is "Fate" starring Peggy Ann Garner as the telepathic pregnant woman who keeps having visions of a plane crashing through the ceiling. Based on true story ...or so they say!

I saw it on tv a few years ago. Its not listed on this particular 8-disc set, but may be available on some other set.

Apparantly you can go to this website and download it on real player.

Here's the link:
liketelevision

Old 06-26-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The title of the episode is "Fate" starring Peggy Ann Garner...

That's totally awesome! Thanks, Ron. You know, I read a two-sentence description of "Fate" somewhere but decided it had to be a different episode, as I don't remember anything about a pregnant woman! Funny, how memory plays tricks on you.
Old 06-26-05, 06:50 PM

ron lee green:

Great detective work, excellent job.
Old 06-28-05, 04:42 PM

back in stock
Old 06-29-05, 02:34 PM

"Fate" is also called "Tonight at 12:17" according to TV Tome, and is part of Volume 10. Cheapest price online is at DVD Pacific.
Old 06-29-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The title of the episode is "Fate" starring Peggy Ann Garner as the telepathic pregnant woman who keeps having visions of a plane crashing through the ceiling. Based on true story ...or so they say!

I saw it on tv a few years ago. Its not listed on this particular 8-disc set, but may be available on some other set.

Here's the link:
liketelevision

LikeTelevision has had ONE STEP BEYOND online for nearly 5 years. Unfortunately, LT went to an all-pay site a year or so ago. I downloaded all of their OSB episodes before that happened. It's nice to be able to watch them on your PC while doing other things... and no halting mid-stream as it tries to re-buffer.

----------------
I just checked another of my favorite sites, MovieFlix... they still have freely viewable ONE STEP BEYOND episodes... http://www.movieflix.com/genre_list....ic+TV&l=O&le=P

Last edited by sracer; 06-29-05 at 04:45 PM.