Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Price Mistake: Street Fighter II V Collection (anime) 13.48 at amazon.com !!!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Price Mistake: Street Fighter II V Collection (anime) 13.48 at amazon.com !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-05, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the complete Street Fighter II anime set.
It's a 4 disc set with 30 episodes and this has to be a price mistake by amazon.com.

It sells for more than 50 bucks at most places online.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd
Old 04-29-05, 08:46 AM

Awesome price, thanks!
Old 04-29-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks!
Does the A9 discount still work? Where's the STL section again?
Old 04-29-05, 09:08 AM

prepare for order cancellation in 3...2...1...
Old 04-29-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice
Old 04-29-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm keeping my

Thanks.
Old 04-29-05, 10:52 AM

I'm in. Good luck everyone, and thanks OP.
Old 04-29-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered for the hell of it. Thanks for sharing OP.
Old 04-29-05, 12:07 PM

Tried, let's see if it works. Thanks to the OP
Old 04-29-05, 12:33 PM

I am in, had to order some other things to get over the 25 free ship limit, but lets see if this flies. It says available in 5 or 6 days........hopefully it will be sooner than that. Perhaps it isnt a mistake, and just a markdown, trying to unload them.......anime either sells like hotcakes or doesnt, depending on the title, it seems. Anyway, not a bad price for 29 episodes.......the movie itself was halfway decent, and had some nice animation. (usual over convoluted plot, but fun none-the-less), more for the SF afficianados.....than casual buyer. good luck everyone.
I have never had a order canceled by amazon so my hopes are high, overstock just burned me on the near dark 2disc fiasco, (wont honor their own prices), and wont deal with them again after my refund clears, their customer service is shoddy at best.
Old 04-29-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cleaver
Thanks!
Does the A9 discount still work? Where's the STL section again?
I don't know if you're serious but the STL program was discontinued several months ago, and the STL forum was removed from the DVDTalk web site.

The A9 discount is another story. It still appears to be around but I can't get it to work for me, even though it is active on my account. So ymmv whether you get a discount or not.
Old 04-29-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wonder if this is another AB price drop that's hit amazon first...doubt it though since AB's site still says $89.98 msrp.
Old 04-29-05, 01:11 PM
Banned

Well since I thought the Kubrick special editions were too good to be true and just didnt even bother ordering, I figured I didnt want to kick myself later for missing this. Pre-Ordered American Psycho killer version for $14 to qualify for free shipping which would have been $4- more.
Old 04-29-05, 02:12 PM

It's dead, Jim.
Old 04-29-05, 02:15 PM
Banned

Actually, the tendency of Amazon to honor this type of misprices/specials is more positive than negative. Usually, the misprices they cancel are pre-orders, but when the item is in stock they will most likely honor it. Remember the Dick Van Dyke first season misprice/special or the recent Joseph Campbell DVDs or Magaret Cho set.
Old 04-29-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by guessed
It's dead, Jim.
It sure is since they added a $48 sourcing fee to the price. Will the cancellation emails soon follow.
Old 04-29-05, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dx23
Actually, the tendency of Amazon to honor this type of misprices/specials is more positive than negative. Usually, the misprices they cancel are pre-orders, but when the item is in stock they will most likely honor it. Remember the Dick Van Dyke first season misprice/special or the recent Joseph Campbell DVDs or Magaret Cho set.
Amazon did cancel orders when they had a misprice on the Lord of the Rings EE last year, but a few were shipped before they caught the error. Since it appears they caught this mistake quickly it could mean more orders will get cancelled.
Old 04-29-05, 02:23 PM

Ok, looking deadish.....hey dx23, when you say they are more positve than negative about honoring these type of things, what do you mean? If I call, I might have a chance? or they do automatically? or what.....just curious.
Is there a way to try and save this deal, before it slips through the fingers?

This looks to be my first amazon cancel (cant find my order "temporarily" it says).......I am assuming amazon will be more professional than the putzes over at overstock..........downright rude on the phone.
Old 04-29-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
$48.01 Sourcing Fee?

Oh well, I missed the deal...my bad, no big deal.

Last edited by Dabaomb; 04-29-05 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-29-05, 02:36 PM

Anyone think they will honor the people who got in on this? My recent orders cannot open, so I assume they are monkeying around with it.......
Old 04-29-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fitzcain
Ok, looking deadish.....hey dx23, when you say they are more positve than negative about honoring these type of things, what do you mean? If I call, I might have a chance? or they do automatically? or what.....just curious.
Is there a way to try and save this deal, before it slips through the fingers?

This looks to be my first amazon cancel (cant find my order "temporarily" it says).......I am assuming amazon will be more professional than the putzes over at overstock..........downright rude on the phone.
I wouldn't contact Amazon if the order is open. Just sit back and wait it out. If they cancel the order then you should contact them.
Old 04-29-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Not sure if it's going to help, but I changed my shipping to 2-day so it could get out faster. Even with the added cost, it's still a great deal.
Old 04-29-05, 03:08 PM

ok, not dead for me yet, after it glitched a few times, i was able to get into my order and its still there with my two superman graphic novels and price is still 13.48..........
will changing the shipping up to standard actually do anything or improve chances? It says it ships in 5 or 6 days for the sf set........it was the only one not able to be sent in 24 hours, like my two books.....figured that wont make much of a difference..will it? (like if it said ships immediately and avail, i would in a heartbeat, just to see if it will clear their doors)
good luck to everyone that got in, fat lady dont sing yet!!(trying to be optimistic here)
Old 04-30-05, 12:08 AM
Banned

Sorry I didn't respond before but I was out all day. To paraphrase my quote, it means that amazon.com usually honors these misprices if they have it on stock and if you make a reasonable order. If you made an order of 50 sets, that order will probably get canceled, but if you made an order of 1 or 2, it will probably go through. Best advice is to be patient and do not call amazon customer service. They'll tell you is a price mistake, even if it isn't and then will cancel your order. As long as they have it on stock, everything should go smoothly, but if they run out of the item, amazon will send you emails for you to approve delays until they send you a final notice telling the customer that they were unable to obtain the DVD.
Old 04-30-05, 01:59 AM

Sorry I didn't respond before but I was out all day. To paraphrase my quote, it means that amazon.com usually honors these misprices if they have it on stock and if you make a reasonable order. If you made an order of 50 sets, that order will probably get canceled, but if you made an order of 1 or 2, it will probably go through. Best advice is to be patient and do not call amazon customer service. They'll tell you is a price mistake, even if it isn't and then will cancel your order. As long as they have it on stock, everything should go smoothly, but if they run out of the item, amazon will send you emails for you to approve delays until they send you a final notice telling the customer that they were unable to obtain the DVD.
thanks dx23, I will follow that plan and see what happens.
as far as the bickering goes, I think he asked for it, doing that, and it isnt a matter of ethics, they posted an asking price, and we just happen to have a well organized way of locating the low prices and jumped on it. They advertised it, we submit an order, Nothing unethical at all there. However,ordering 50 to resell is just ignorant of reality, you want to do that,go to sams club or costco......or call the publisher, you will get a better deal (in general).........if it is a misprice, the company has the choice to honor the price or not. I wont blame them if they dont. Its their choice.
Ordering that many copies isnt unethical, just not very bright in my opinion, and obviously going to make them think twice about honoring ANY of them.
And not buying one so others may possibly get one, does go appreciated, if you arent interested. Only a certain amount of these will actually get it at that price, if any. And the few that would just buy it and let it shelfsit, but bought solely cause it was a great deal, (or say 50), make it more unlikely that the few that would actually think, hey, i was interested in that but didnt buy before cause price was a factor.
I think we have exhausted the topic, I just hope I dont run into too many of these abusive orders in the future, it makes getting a nice deal even harder.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.