Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

towerrecords.com 15% off - 3 days only

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 04-19-05, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TowerRecords.com is having a extra 15% off online only with the following coupon code:

3DAYS

valid thru April 21. With the free shipping (>$25) this is even better.
Old 04-19-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmmm I've never bought from them....any good?

Edit: Ooooh. I just browsed around. Their prices are not very good even with 15% off.

Last edited by dadaluholla; 04-19-05 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-19-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Hmmmmm I've never bought from them....any good?

Edit: Ooooh. I just browsed around. Their prices are not very good even with 15% off.
A lot of their music DVDs are cheaper than anywhere else, especially if you browse the sale page. With the 15% off, and free shipping, they're even better. You just have to look around (as with most places).

And free shipping at Tower is only $20+, FYI.
Old 04-19-05, 03:47 PM

Thanks - didn't grab any DVDs - but did pick up some vinyl that I'd been holding out on.
Old 04-19-05, 04:07 PM

Thanks for printing the code. I got the email, yet couldn't figure out what was the code to enter.
Old 04-19-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some of their Criterions are pretty damn good deals, especially if you want them right now.
Old 04-19-05, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
A lot of their music DVDs are cheaper than anywhere else, especially if you browse the sale page. With the 15% off, and free shipping, they're even better. You just have to look around (as with most places).

And free shipping at Tower is only $20+, FYI.
Could you cite some titles that are supposedly good deals ? thanks
Old 04-19-05, 09:31 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do they not have any used DVDs anymore? I couldn't find any. Those were usually the best deals with % off coupons.
Old 04-19-05, 10:40 PM

I looked around as Tower's prices are a bit much, even after the 15% off and the only stuff I found that really interested me are the 2 I ordered:

1 DV Star Wars:Clone Wars 01 13.99
In Stock 15% Discount -2.10

1 DV Quantum Leap (Season 03) (3PK) 37.49
Advance - 05/10/2005 * 15% Discount -5.62

It 's not the greatest, but it still is a few bucks cheaper than other places.
Old 04-19-05, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
Do they not have any used DVDs anymore? I couldn't find any. Those were usually the best deals with % off coupons.
Yes, they still do -- when looking up your DVD's and CD's they will list the used as well as the new -- and they are labeled as such in the search results.

You may be able to just search on used - I do not know as have never tried, usually just looking for titles, artists, etc.
Old 04-19-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Could you cite some titles that are supposedly good deals ? thanks
Well, I don't know. Since they are only "supposedly" good deals. Maybe you should ask a little more politely just for future reference.

Anyway, here is an example:

Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii: $9.99 - If you put that into DVD Price Search, the next lowest price is CD Universe at $11.15, though I've never personally ordered from there, so I can't vouch for them. Shipping there is $2.99, and at first glance, I don't see any free shipping deals. Second lowest price is at Overstock for $13.29. Shipping is like $1.40 there, I believe. Or something like that. Anyway, with the 15% off code, that brings it down to a mere $8.49. Even with sales tax, it's going to be the cheaper deal. The other title I ordered was something that's not much of a greater deal, but it was high on my priority list: Warp Vision: The Videos 1989-2004: $17.99, which is hella cool (yes, I just said hella). The videos are rad. Anyway, the second cheapest price for that was at Deep Discount DVD at $18.86. Even with DDD's 20% off code (which is not yet available) versus Tower's 15% off code, it's just like $.50 cheaper, so I wasn't too worried. It's one of those DVDs I've been putting off buying for too long, so I went for it. My sales tax was less than $2 for both titles.

Just browse through their music DVD sale page if those kind of DVDs interest you, and you'll more than likely find some cheaper deals than other places, especially with the code. Just keep an eye out for the ones that say 50% off (or around there).

Last edited by justbarelymovin; 04-19-05 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-20-05, 03:53 AM

I couldn't find any Used dvds either
Old 04-20-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Well, I don't know. Since they are only "supposedly" good deals. Maybe you should ask a little more politely just for future reference.

Anyway, here is an example:

Pink Floyd: Live At Pompeii: $9.99 - If you put that into DVD Price Search, the next lowest price is CD Universe at $11.15, though I've never personally ordered from there, so I can't vouch for them. Shipping there is $2.99, and at first glance, I don't see any free shipping deals. Second lowest price is at Overstock for $13.29. Shipping is like $1.40 there, I believe. Or something like that. Anyway, with the 15% off code, that brings it down to a mere $8.49. Even with sales tax, it's going to be the cheaper deal. The other title I ordered was something that's not much of a greater deal, but it was high on my priority list: Warp Vision: The Videos 1989-2004: $17.99, which is hella cool (yes, I just said hella). The videos are rad. Anyway, the second cheapest price for that was at Deep Discount DVD at $18.86. Even with DDD's 20% off code (which is not yet available) versus Tower's 15% off code, it's just like $.50 cheaper, so I wasn't too worried. It's one of those DVDs I've been putting off buying for too long, so I went for it. My sales tax was less than $2 for both titles.

Just browse through their music DVD sale page if those kind of DVDs interest you, and you'll more than likely find some cheaper deals than other places, especially with the code. Just keep an eye out for the ones that say 50% off (or around there).
thanks..also apologize for not sounding polite enough...I only asked if you could throw some light on titles that you found to be well priced..am still not sure why you found that not polite enough..but like I said, I am sorry.
Old 04-20-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
thanks..also apologize for not sounding polite enough...I only asked if you could throw some light on titles that you found to be well priced..am still not sure why you found that not polite enough..but like I said, I am sorry.
It's no big deal. I was probably just in a mood and read too much into it. It sounded like you thought I was just making up that there were any real deals.