Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Watch email for 50% off Foxstore coupon

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-05, 09:42 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Look's like I'll have to wait to see fantastic four until late july as I'll have 2 free tickets. i hope it isn't a massive bomb like that jennifer garner movie so it will still be in theaters by the time I get my tickets.
Old 05-27-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi! i just got an e-mail from fox saying i need to spend about $29.00 more to get a free boxset. i tried puting some dvds in my cart with the boxset that i want, but it doesn't show up free. do i need to order and then they will give me a free one or is it a fake e-mail? thanks!
Old 05-27-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by princessducky
hi! i just got an e-mail from fox saying i need to spend about $29.00 more to get a free boxset. i tried puting some dvds in my cart with the boxset that i want, but it doesn't show up free. do i need to order and then they will give me a free one or is it a fake e-mail? thanks!

This should work:

1) Put the items you are buying into your cart.

2) Pull up the listing for the item you want as the freebie. Do not add it to your cart - instead, click on the "find out more" that appears to the right of the title.

3) This "find out more" page will have the "free gift" (as well as the regular "add to cart") and that is what you need to click to get it to go into your cart as the freebie.
Old 05-28-05, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got an email on two accounts I had purchased stuff saying I needed like 83 dollars more on one, and like 98 on another, but when I login it still says I need to buy 199$ more..I was sad
Old 05-28-05, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks marty888, but that didn't work as i got the same thing as pilot. when i try to fulfill it, it'll state it for the $199 deal. i just e-mailed them and i'll see what they say. thanks!
Old 05-28-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

same thing here. received the email a few days ago. didn't bother logging in until now to check. no dice on the second free DVD set. like princess, I just sent them an email.
Old 05-28-05, 02:29 PM
Cool New Member

I think mine takes the cake. I got the email and it said I had spent $799.34 towards my free dvd so I went to the site and picked my free dvd and placed my order. The next day I went to check my status and it said it shipped and I noticed in the top corner of the site it said I could get a free dvd again. So I placed another order and checked the site, sure enough it said I could choose another free dvd. I haven't placed an order for that one yet because I highly doubt I'll be getting the first two now. The first order has a tracking number but UPS doesn't have any information on it and the second order said it shipped on December 31, 1969. Oh well.
Old 06-02-05, 12:26 AM

Anyone ever get a response? I supposedly had $19 left to spend, but no response to my email to them.
Old 06-02-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanador i never got an e-mail response either. i'm going to e-mail them again.
Old 06-02-05, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thanador
Anyone ever get a response? I supposedly had $19 left to spend, but no response to my email to them.
Guys, if the statement you received was obviously a mistake then e-mailing them is not a good idea because it will kill any chance of some people who did get in on this deal of ever seeing their free selections. Just slow down and think about it -- when your in the wrong and it could hurt others then it is best to leave well enough alone.

Mock e-mail to Fox:
"I recently received my Fox Bonus Buys statement and it said I am entitled to a free selection but when I log in I can't select it. It says I need to spend $199 to get my free selection."

Mock response from Fox:
"We've reviewed your account and have determined that the e-mail you received is wrong. However, thanks for pointing out that there is an error in our system. Due to your inquiry we were able to seek out all of those people who have taken advantage of the free gift system and will be cancelling their orders. Have a nice day "
Old 06-02-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Guys, if the statement you received was obviously a mistake then e-mailing them is not a good idea because it will kill any chance of some people who did get in on this deal of ever seeing their free selections. Just slow down and think about it -- when your in the wrong and it could hurt others then it is best to leave well enough alone.

Mock e-mail to Fox:
"I recently received my Fox Bonus Buys statement and it said I am entitled to a free selection but when I log in I can't select it. It says I need to spend $199 to get my free selection."

Mock response from Fox:
"We've reviewed your account and have determined that the e-mail you received is wrong. However, thanks for pointing out that there is an error in our system. Due to your inquiry we were able to seek out all of those people who have taken advantage of the free gift system and will be cancelling their orders. Have a nice day "
I don't think the e-mails were mistakes. It showed what I purchased and it was stating how much more I need to purchase. I think it's their system that is not right.
Old 06-17-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well i just finally received an e-mail back saying they adjusted the problem.

Hello,

We apologize for the delays. We have adjusted your account. Please log in again
and you see the correct amount of $28.12. Thank you for contacting us!

Thank you,
Foxstore.com Customer Services

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 12:01 AM
To: Fox Store
Subject: Order# 37781981: (orderproblems) Problem with ordering

Hi! I got an e-mail from you guys stating that Im $28.12 away from the free DVD
offer, but everything I try to fulfill it, it doesnt work. I can forward you the
e-mail if you like. Can you help me? Thank you!
Old 06-17-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was about to search for this thread to post the same thing as princessducky

EDIT: what are some suggestions on what to get? I need to spend $68.12 to get a free DVD set. With the DDD 20% sale, and with Fox's shipping charges, it almost seems not worth it to purchase from Foxstore.com

Last edited by runner001; 06-17-05 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

has anybody that spent big bucks (i spent nearly $500) during the foxsale not used their "free" selections yet? i was waiting to see if any new or upcoming releases appealed to me so i held off using it. now it looks like it has dissappeared. i'd appreciate it if anybody in the same boat coould check their account to see if it is still good.
Old 07-05-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i think it ended on june 30th. i tried using it late at night and the free icon was gone already. i think it's over with!
Old 07-05-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's bogus. I chose the ship it together option and am still waiting for the entire order to ship because of MTM season 2. Because it was all waiting, I never got the credit for the free titles.
Old 07-05-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

try calling or emailing them about it. sounds like you might have a legitimate case.
Old 07-05-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

here is pilots original post about the bonus buys program:

Free DVDs with the Fox Bonus Buys loyalty program (FoxStore.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got this email..

Get a FREE DVD Purchase (up to $75 in value) with the FOX BONUS BUYS program.

That's right! The studio that brought you X-Men, The Day After Tomorrow and The Simpson's, wants you to get more movies for your dollars. Join the Fox Bonus Buys Club today and start your journey to free DVDs and videos.

How it works
All you have to do is accumulate $199 of purchases from FoxStore.com between now and June 30, 2005. When you reach the accumulated total of $199, you'll get any single title purchase from Foxstore.com up to $75*.

For example, between now and June 30, 2005, if you buy 10 new best-selling videos priced at $19.99 each, at the tenth you'll get a FREE DVD/video purchase worth up to $75. You may choose from great titles such as Alien Quadrilogy, The Sound of Music Special Edition or the Die Hard Trilogy set. The choice is yours up to a value of $75*.

Here's an example:
If, between now and June 30, 2005, you were to buy the following when they're new releases, you would accumulate $199 in total:

I, Robot + Napoleon Dynamite + The Day After Tomorrow + Alien vs Predator + First Daughter + Flight of the Phoenix + Garden State + Dodgeball + Taxi + Sideways = A FREE purchase of any single title up to $75*.

Offer cannot be redeemed towards Star Wars Trilogy, Star Wars Ep 1: The Phantom Menace, Bratz, Cast Away, and Passion of the Christ DVDs and VHS tapes.

--

JOIN UP NOW AND START SAVING!

To be eligible for this program, simply register here.

Then each time you sign in, Foxstore.com will display a running tally of your purchase total towards your free video. Foxstore will also send you a monthly e-mail with a statement of your running tally good toward your free video.

Offer cannot be redeemed towards Star Wars Trilogy, Star Wars Ep 1: The Phantom Menace, Bratz, Cast Away, and Passion of the Christ DVDs and VHS tapes.

NOTES:
* Purchases may be redeemed at foxstore.com only. $199 is based on FoxStore discounted price. This does not include tax or shipping on any item(s). The $75 bonus purchase must be applied to a single purchase from FoxStore.com. There will be no credit or balance carried forward at the time of purchase for future purchases.

Exceptions: The only restriction is that this offer cannot be redeemed towards Star Wars Trilogy, Star Wars Ep 1: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Ep II: The Attack of the Clones, Bratz, Cast Away, and Passion of the Christ DVDs and VHS tapes.

The purchase accumulated totals will be tracked based on ship date of products. Returns of products may affect your accumulated totals.

I guess if you can find compareablely priced stuff, it could work out to maybe a semi decent deal..if they offer any type of coupons in the future...(they have before) it could be nice..they have a free express shipping promotion running now..just thought I share..

http://www.foxstore.com/bonus_buys/index.html

won't cost anything to join ..

it would appear to me the qualifying purchases had to be made by 6/30, but doesn't specifically say that the redemption must be done by 6/30. if i would have known the thing was ending i would have picked something. sent an inquiry to foxstore. will let everyone know the response.
Old 07-07-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, here's fox's reply:
Hi Chris,

The Loyalty Program rewards you with a free DVD up to $75 in value if you purchase $199 or more from FoxStore.com. It is a one-time redemption per order. Unfortunately, you cannot redeem 2 free DVDs at once (if your order total is $398 or above). Thank you for shopping at FoxStore.com.

Best Regards,

FoxStore.com Staff

congrats to those that made out
Old 07-08-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

from the wording, it doesn't sound like they are excluding multiple redemptions. it just sounds like they won't allow you to redeem two at the same time. regardless of whether or not you can, if you haven't even redeemed your first one, you should still be able to do it.

what did you write to them originally to get this reply?
Old 07-08-05, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by runner001
from the wording, it doesn't sound like they are excluding multiple redemptions. it just sounds like they won't allow you to redeem two at the same time. regardless of whether or not you can, if you haven't even redeemed your first one, you should still be able to do it.

what did you write to them originally to get this reply?
i sent 2 different emails:

the first

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 8:49 PM
To: Fox Store
Subject: Order# 37777346: (orderproblems) how do i get my free dvd?

i recently placed a big order with foxstore and got an email saying:
Congratulations you have reached your bonus buys goal of $199 in purchases. Please select a FREE movie up to $75 in value during your next visit to http://www.foxstore.com .

i came back to the website to try to pick one but i could not figure out how to do it. thanks for any help in this matter.

the reply

In a message dated 7/6/2005 8:05:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
Hello,

We can not honor the free DVD as you have received Alien Quadrilogy as your free item. Thank you for contacting us!

Thank you,
Foxstore.com Customer Service

my response:

i thought the deal was a free dvd for every $199 spent. i spent almost $500.

fox's reply part deux:

Hi Chris,

The Loyalty Program rewards you with a free DVD up to $75 in value if you purchase $199 or more from FoxStore.com. It is a one-time redemption per order. Unfortunately, you cannot redeem 2 free DVDs at once (if your order total is $398 or above). Thank you for shopping at FoxStore.com.

Best Regards,

FoxStore.com Staff

the f'd up thing is the last time i went to the website (last week of june) every item 74.99 or less had the free gift icon which has since disappeared.
Old 07-08-05, 09:35 AM

That's kinda weird. because from the $500 order from the 50% off sale, and another $100 order on top of that, I managed to receive 3 free sets with that deal.

The first set (Millennium Season 2) I put in with the 50% off order. I then got an email stating that I was entitled to ANOTHER free selection (It said that I had spent the $199, and qualified for the free selection). So the offer doubled over on itself, and beings that I had the first free selection in my first order, I could go ahead and get the next one. So my second order (for The Shield Season 2) was just the next free selection (I just paid for shipping).

When that was said and done, the site then said that I only needed to spend another $98 to get YET ANOTHER free DVD. So I placed another order for that amount and included The Shield Season 3 for the third (and final) free DVD.

So after all is said and done I got 3 free sets from the 50% off deal, I just had to spent the extra $100 to get the third one.